Author Topic: Fishing. It's great. any other goEMAW anglers out there?  (Read 188777 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing. It's great. any other goEMAW anglers out there?
« Reply #200 on: April 26, 2013, 01:27:18 PM »
ANOTHER SCENARIO!!

Fly Fishing-

Most of us dont live near mountain streams so this doesnt apply but I'm trying to help out my good bud Asava here.

Trout?- I think this is what people fish for. The key is the whip your line around a whole lot without getting it stuck in a tree or something. Then you reel it in with your funky looking reel thing and try and catch a fish.

If you need more tips I would watch that Brad Pitt movie where he stands in the middle of a mountain stream the whole time.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 26, 2013, 01:29:11 PM »
ANOTHER SCENARIO!!

Fly Fishing-

Most of us dont live near mountain streams so this doesnt apply but I'm trying to help out my good bud Asava here.

Trout?- I think this is what people fish for. The key is the whip your line around a whole lot without getting it stuck in a tree or something. Then you reel it in with your funky looking reel thing and try and catch a fish.

If you need more tips I would watch that Brad Pitt movie where he stands in the middle of a mountain stream the whole time.
He paks ALOT in that movie as well.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 26, 2013, 01:32:04 PM »
Guys, flyfishing for cap is like very hipster in the FF world.  It's very leading edge.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 26, 2013, 01:32:16 PM »
what do you think people would use to catch a great white? Here's what I'd use:

bait- animatronic abraham lincoln from the hall of presidents dipped in blood (human if you have it). 5 foot treble hook dangling from his ass.

line- a huge ass log chain.

reel- apache helicopter

strategy- set lincoln to gettysburgh address and watch him twitch. throttle up the apache and slowly drag him across the water leaving a bloody slick in your wake. I bet a great white couldn't resist it.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 26, 2013, 01:36:02 PM »
ANOTHER SCENARIO!!

Fly Fishing-

from what i've been told, 90% of fly fishing is trying not to get your fly stuck in a tree. thx for the tips!

someone at the shop told me that "nymphs" are pretty good around this time of year?  :dunno:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 26, 2013, 01:39:48 PM »
Where do you live asava?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 26, 2013, 01:40:03 PM »
ANOTHER SCENARIO!

Deep Sea Fishing-

Alot of EMAW's enjoy doing this while on the coast for Elite Business trips/Vacations (SAME THING AMIRIGHT?!?!). I've been deep sea fishing TWICE and have absolutely slaughtered some fish, probably caught so many I negatively impacted mother natures fragile eco system but whatev's.

The key to Deep Sea fishing has nothing to do with fishing since the locals will do all that for you. I'm going to touch on a couple of basic points, please note that these are specific to deep sea fishing in mexico.

Beer- This is always included in the cost of deep sea fishing, if not then you are getting ripped off. When you book the trip the captain will normally ask you what kind of beer you want. I always go with Del Sol and Tecate, if you dont specify you will probably end up with some shitty corona's or something. Gross.

Attire- WEAR SHOES. The last thing you want is to step on an errant hook and get all sort of weird fish diseases. I recommend a hat and sunglasses as well, a wide brimmed sombrero will adequately protect your neck AND show your appreciation of local culture. Last time I went I rocked a casual white button up which allowed me to stop harmful UV rays while also looking great. If you get hot you can start unbuttoning the buttons!

Reeling the fish in- THIS IS THE BEST PART! I recommend taking your shirt off before sitting down in their little chair thing. Reeling the fish in takes alot more effort than you are used to and about halfway through your muscles will be fully pumped and looking studly. This is the optimal time for a buddy to snap a couple of pictures showing you dominating mother nature. Once the fish gets close enough the locals will snag it with a huge hook and throw it in a cooler for later, dont ask to take a picture with it right away as you will have plenty of time to do this when you get back to the dock.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 26, 2013, 01:42:34 PM »
I think deep sea fishing sounds like the best kind

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 26, 2013, 01:48:21 PM »
Can confirm. 

It's the best. 

I also slaughtered fish this weekend in FL.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 26, 2013, 01:54:19 PM »
cns, did you see the size of those monster fish cruising around that dock area? you should have caught one of those. they put those pud fish to shame.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 26, 2013, 01:57:58 PM »
cns, did you see the size of those monster fish cruising around that dock area? you should have caught one of those. they put those pud fish to shame.

Yep, there were some 6'-7' tarpon just hanging out while the fish were being cleaned.  huge. 

Also, while the second biggest of our fish was being reeled in, a big reef shark came up to the surface not too far away.  Did the whole Jaws thing where it's fin came up slowly, then went down.  I pointed it out to everyone, and they were all like "What? Where", then.....boom!  Shark fin came back up and wave made it so that the sun hit his entire body and you could see this huge ass shark.

Was fantastic.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Fishing. It's great. any other goEMAW anglers out there?
« Reply #211 on: April 26, 2013, 01:58:59 PM »
Bullheads? More like bullshit this thread sucks post more pictures of Lady, ben ji.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 26, 2013, 02:02:21 PM »
I think deep sea fishing sounds like the best kind

when i was a kid and living in southern florida we went all the time. basically i just ran around the boat while Dadasava reeled em in. but one time he let me drop a line off the deck of a boat somewhere in the Keys. promptly hooked a grouper that proceeded to dive under the dock and drag me across the boat. Dadasava caught me right before i went over and spent the next hour bringing that thing in.

also caught a baby hammerhead once. and also caught a fish only to have it snapped in half by a barracuda. sea fishing is awesome. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 26, 2013, 02:10:45 PM »
barracuda

I was snorkeling once and was cruising behind this monster barracuda and it finally got pissed and turned around and kind of fast swam by me like it was pissed or whatever. kind of scary.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 26, 2013, 02:12:06 PM »
barracuda

I was snorkeling once and was cruising behind this monster barracuda and it finally got pissed and turned around and kind of fast swam by me like it was pissed or whatever. kind of scary.

barracuda's are scary as crap. don't know if it was discussed in the "animals you could take in a fight thread", but i would definitely lose that battle if we were in water. on land i'd have a better chance.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 26, 2013, 02:12:59 PM »
Bullheads? More like bullshit this thread sucks post more pictures of Lady, ben ji.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
:love:

Offline daBish7

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 26, 2013, 02:13:40 PM »
Would love to deep sea fish someday but I am afraid of getting sea sick. Is this something that happens often?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 26, 2013, 02:14:27 PM »
Very first time I went sea fishing was off LA and a guy caught one.  The guide was about to toss it back and said they were one of the best smaller sport fish to catch because they fight so hard.  The guy stopped him and told him that they also make some of the best fish tacos.

Have never tried it myself, but it seems like pretty much every fish makes good fish tacos since you season the absolute crap out of the fish.  :dunno:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 26, 2013, 02:14:54 PM »
Would love to deep sea fish someday but I am afraid of getting sea sick. Is this something that happens often?
yes

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 26, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »
Very first time I went sea fishing was off LA and a guy caught one.  The guide was about to toss it back and said they were one of the best smaller sport fish to catch because they fight so hard.  The guy stopped him and told him that they also make some of the best fish tacos.

Have never tried it myself, but it seems like pretty much every fish makes good fish tacos since you season the absolute crap out of the fish.  :dunno:

fish high up the food chain is not very good for you I think. like, loaded with mercury.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 26, 2013, 02:16:36 PM »

First time my little bro went with me, he was very sick for like 4 hrs.  That said, we were the only boat at that dock that went out that day due to weather.  Waves were ridic tall and violent.  Caught a bunch of king fish that day though.  They were delish too.

fish high up the food chain is not very good for you I think. like, loaded with mercury.

That actually makes sense.  Longer they are in the water, I guess....

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 26, 2013, 02:19:13 PM »
CNS, are you the stud in the bandana or the long fish in the middle?

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 26, 2013, 02:20:30 PM »
 :emawkid: lady is so  :love:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 26, 2013, 02:22:10 PM »
CNS, are you the stud in the bandana or the long fish in the middle?

That stud in the bandana is a human fish finder.  was great to fish with.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 26, 2013, 02:22:19 PM »

First time my little bro went with me, he was very sick for like 4 hrs.  That said, we were the only boat at that dock that went out that day due to weather.  Waves were ridic tall and violent.  Caught a bunch of king fish that day though.  They were delish too.

That actually makes sense.  Longer they are in the water, I guess....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_in_fish