Author Topic: Fishing. It's great. any other goEMAW anglers out there?  (Read 183759 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing. It's great. any other goEMAW anglers out there?
« Reply #1425 on: October 18, 2020, 12:55:51 PM »
Spoonbill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: October 29, 2020, 12:21:00 PM »
I've never deep sea fished before and I can't believe these rates. Going down to Marco for Thanksgiving this year and a private tour for 4 hours starts around $500. I mean, i'm sure it's worth it, but I better be catching some trophy fish.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: October 29, 2020, 12:34:09 PM »
I've never deep sea fished before and I can't believe these rates. Going down to Marco for Thanksgiving this year and a private tour for 4 hours starts around $500. I mean, i'm sure it's worth it, but I better be catching some trophy fish.

You might not.  Or you might!

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: October 29, 2020, 12:36:23 PM »

I've heard the short trips are pud, you want the longer one.  Like if there's an 8 hour one or a 4 hour one, you want the 8 hour one.  but if it's 4 vs 2 you want the 4 etc.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: October 29, 2020, 12:49:11 PM »
Good to know. Ty!

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1430 on: October 29, 2020, 01:01:35 PM »
Do a private small boat charter. Don't mess with the large boat mass crap.

Yes, that's a fair price. Take the catch to the nearby "you catch it we cook it place" and enjoy your overpriced feast.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: October 29, 2020, 01:29:04 PM »

Its all about getting enough people to make it cheap. Just you and mrs wacky? Gonna be expensive. If you get 5+ people going its alot cheaper.

Since you have never deep sea fished before I would stick with the 4 hr trip in case you get seasick. I went deep sea fishing with the bro's while on a bachelor party and 3/4 of the people were seasick by the time we got out to the deep water. We paid for 8 hours but ended up coming back after 4 which was plenty of time.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: October 29, 2020, 01:31:15 PM »
Wacky, I already detailed everything you need to know about Deep Sea fishing 7 years ago.

ANOTHER SCENARIO!

Deep Sea Fishing-

Alot of EMAW's enjoy doing this while on the coast for Elite Business trips/Vacations (SAME THING AMIRIGHT?!?!). I've been deep sea fishing TWICE and have absolutely slaughtered some fish, probably caught so many I negatively impacted mother natures fragile eco system but whatev's.

The key to Deep Sea fishing has nothing to do with fishing since the locals will do all that for you. I'm going to touch on a couple of basic points, please note that these are specific to deep sea fishing in mexico.

Beer- This is always included in the cost of deep sea fishing, if not then you are getting ripped off. When you book the trip the captain will normally ask you what kind of beer you want. I always go with Del Sol and Tecate, if you dont specify you will probably end up with some shitty corona's or something. Gross.

Attire- WEAR SHOES. The last thing you want is to step on an errant hook and get all sort of weird fish diseases. I recommend a hat and sunglasses as well, a wide brimmed sombrero will adequately protect your neck AND show your appreciation of local culture. Last time I went I rocked a casual white button up which allowed me to stop harmful UV rays while also looking great. If you get hot you can start unbuttoning the buttons!

Reeling the fish in- THIS IS THE BEST PART! I recommend taking your shirt off before sitting down in their little chair thing. Reeling the fish in takes alot more effort than you are used to and about halfway through your muscles will be fully pumped and looking studly. This is the optimal time for a buddy to snap a couple of pictures showing you dominating mother nature. Once the fish gets close enough the locals will snag it with a huge hook and throw it in a cooler for later, dont ask to take a picture with it right away as you will have plenty of time to do this when you get back to the dock.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: October 29, 2020, 01:33:42 PM »
Good stuff, gents. Thank you! Yeah, it would probably just be Mrs. Wacky and I. Have the grandparents watch the little one. Might be our last time to use the condo down there. They don't know what they're going to do with it now, now that her grandpa passed away this year.

$500 is worth it, when you're not paying for travel or stay. I need to just do it and stop being a cheap ass.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1434 on: October 29, 2020, 02:01:23 PM »
Free tip: take motion sickness pills day before and morning of your trip. Don't wait until you're on the water to discover you can't handle the motion.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: October 29, 2020, 02:05:35 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: October 30, 2020, 04:06:08 AM »
Get the Long trip in case you get sea sick. Normally I don't start barfing until 2 hours in. Then I barf for 2 more hours non-stop, then I fully recover and adapt for the remaining time. Sea legs you know.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: October 31, 2020, 02:24:56 PM »
Good stuff, gents. Thank you! Yeah, it would probably just be Mrs. Wacky and I. Have the grandparents watch the little one. Might be our last time to use the condo down there. They don't know what they're going to do with it now, now that her grandpa passed away this year.

$500 is worth it, when you're not paying for travel or stay. I need to just do it and stop being a cheap ass.
I only fish inshore in Marco but from what I understand it is a very long run to deep water, like 25+ miles.  Also, you know "deep sea fishing" in the gulf is bottom fishing from a drifting boat for grouper and snapper and not trolling for sail fish and marlin, right?

The true trophy fish around Marco are the 100+ lb Tarpon that are all in shore.  Going offshore is about filling the cooler with 5, 10 to 20 lb grouper and snapper. 

That all said, if I go offshore again it will be with fast center console, not a slow trolling boat - I really want to get a group and do Brian Urlacher's 42 foot Yellowfin but it $2k+ trip.
https://www.instagram.com/linebreaker_/?hl=en

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: November 02, 2020, 09:41:18 PM »
Absolutely crushed some wipers and white bass out on Milford today. Would post pics but I don't have a katpak head image.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: November 02, 2020, 10:40:31 PM »

I only fish inshore in Marco but from what I understand it is a very long run to deep water, like 25+ miles.  Also, you know "deep sea fishing" in the gulf is bottom fishing from a drifting boat for grouper and snapper and not trolling for sail fish and marlin, right?

The true trophy fish around Marco are the 100+ lb Tarpon that are all in shore.  Going offshore is about filling the cooler with 5, 10 to 20 lb grouper and snapper. 

That all said, if I go offshore again it will be with fast center console, not a slow trolling boat - I really want to get a group and do Brian Urlacher's 42 foot Yellowfin but it $2k+ trip.
https://www.instagram.com/linebreaker_/?hl=en
This is very good stuff. Thank you! I have no idea what I’m doing.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: March 11, 2021, 06:40:07 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 11, 2021, 07:40:36 AM »
Lmao
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: March 11, 2021, 08:36:15 AM »
My kid loves to fish. Like....LOVESSSSSS to fish. I hate it and feel bad that I don't take him enough.  :frown:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 11, 2021, 10:54:41 AM »
Meme is true, about 50% of the pictures on my phone that I am in have me holding a fish.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: March 11, 2021, 01:47:18 PM »
My kid loves to fish. Like....LOVESSSSSS to fish. I hate it and feel bad that I don't take him enough.  :frown:

This was true in the opposite direction with my Dad and I.  He loves the crap out of it, and I never really wanted to go. He used to try and make me clean them and eat them at an early age, and I just said nope I'm out. I can clean a fish, and I've caught plenty in my life, but I seldom had any joy in it.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 11, 2021, 02:21:42 PM »

This was true in the opposite direction with my Dad and I.  He loves the crap out of it, and I never really wanted to go. He used to try and make me clean them and eat them at an early age, and I just said nope I'm out. I can clean a fish, and I've caught plenty in my life, but I seldom had any joy in it.

We should hook up your dad with my kid. :dunno:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: May 01, 2021, 07:33:11 PM »
Went out to hillsdale today and caught a couple fish, planning to fry them up tomorrow.

Any one else catch any fish this spring?

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: May 01, 2021, 09:13:48 PM »
Tater all about the fishing with Mrs8.  A couple nice fish my son caught from quarry pond we stocked a few years ago.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: May 02, 2021, 06:19:00 AM »
Went out to hillsdale today and caught a couple fish, planning to fry them up tomorrow.

Any one else catch any fish this spring?

Was out at hillsdale Friday night catching crappie.  I think i saw 100+ get caught between about 10 people in a span of 3 hours.   Fishing the crappie spawn at hillsdale is incredible.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: May 04, 2021, 09:30:45 AM »
Need to find some new spots out here in CO.  :Chirp:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.