Author Topic: Man, eff this guy(GM related)  (Read 4061 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Man, eff this guy(GM related)
« on: June 07, 2011, 03:11:39 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Man, eff this guy(GM related)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 04:11:45 PM »
That's the kind of thinking that lead to them having to be bailed out the first time. Maybe it's time for this country to start investing in high speed rail. :dunno:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 04:16:35 PM »
That's the kind of thinking that lead to them having to be bailed out the first time. Maybe it's time for this country to start investing in high speed rail. :dunno:

Was reading about federal spending on high speed rail in my monthly Popular Science (thanks Steve Dave) it showed plans for cross country routes and more regional routes that would be on line by 2030.  I think it showed the average speed for these passenger trains to be around 130 mph.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 04:20:25 PM »

Was reading about federal spending on high speed rail in my monthly Popular Science (thanks Steve Dave) it showed plans for cross country routes and more regional routes that would be on line by 2030.  I think it showed the average speed for these passenger trains to be around 130 mph.

Will believe when I see it.

Especially with all the spending cut boners out there now. 

No way this happens anytime soon unless it is privately funded, which it won't be.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 05:38:58 PM »

This. He's an idiot if he thinks a one rough ridin' dollar tax hike won't hurt his company. I will have a hard time convincing myself to drive a GM car in the future. They have mumped up too much, and now they're saying crap like this. WTF.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 05:59:41 PM »
Why don't we throw an extra use tax on his trucks, Suburbans, and Escalades so people will be more likely to by his shitty high MPG cars and that POS Volt? Leave the effing gas prices alone jackasses.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 06:26:09 PM »
That would be a good start.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 07:05:26 PM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 07:11:24 PM »
That would be a good start.

I think he would suddenly be against taxes.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 08:16:43 PM »
I've changed my mind, I'm all for high speed rail . . . the biggest concern is, can just this once, the government pull off a project of this size without their being a big GAO report at some point about all the waste, fraud and abuse??

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 09:05:21 PM »
I've changed my mind, I'm all for high speed rail . . . the biggest concern is, can just this once, the government pull off a project of this size without their being a big GAO report at some point about all the waste, fraud and abuse??

Could give the railroad companies 20 square miles of land for every mile of track laid. Worked the last time the government got serious about high speed rail.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 10:17:47 PM »
We need a Monorail!  What that you say???  Monorail.  What?  Monorail!! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEZjzsnPhnw

This country needs high speed rail about as badly as it needs laser disc players in every classroom.  Ya'll er talkin like a bunch of mongoloids.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 10:40:25 PM »

i agree on cross country, but east and west coast lines will happen, sooner rather than later.  probably a great lakes line too, unless their Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) midwestern pols eff them over.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 10:43:41 PM »

i agree on cross country, but east and west coast lines will happen, sooner rather than later.  probably a great lakes line too, unless their Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) midwestern pols eff them over.

pretty sure that's what the wisconsin dude is already doing. not many notice because he's been such a dumbass on everything else.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 11:04:45 PM »
If these trains aren't doing at least 250 MPH, it will be a total waste of money.  130 MPH can GTFOOMF

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 11:09:24 PM »
If these trains aren't doing at least 250 MPH, it will be a total waste of money.  130 MPH can GTFOOMF

Depends on the length of the trip. Also, average speed will be nowhere near top speed in any scenario.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 07:16:07 AM »
"I am required to buy a big truck or SUV because it makes up for my lack of self esteem and I want to look tough so people like me more." - effing assholes

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 10:44:26 AM »

Yeah, but the East cost has already been working on these (design and study wise) for a while now.  Pops-in-law is a civil eng with a railroad consultant.  Has been working on feasibility for two runs in FL and has been doing design on one in Sante Fe to some other NM town near.

I don't see cross country happening at all unless flying triples(or more) in cost.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 11:27:09 AM »
http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/08/markets/opec_oil_production/index.htm?hpt=hp_t1

OPEC's quarterly meeting was widely watched by analysts. The cartel had been under intense pressure to raise production as oil prices approached $120 a barrel last month.
But cartel members were unable to reach a decision to do that, with at least three members reportedly holding steadfast against any production increase. OPEC ministers said they'll take another three months before considering any increase in oil output, according to CNN.

If you drive a gas guzzler and a struggling to fill it, I don't want to hear you b!tch about gas prices.....

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 12:55:11 PM »
A $1 gas tax hike would be a great idea.  We need to save the oil now so we can still fly in airplanes in 100 years.  I hope Colorado gets a N/S and E/W rail line soon, but not sure about connecting a place this remote with the rest of the country.  That's why we'll need jets. 

Offline tjames

• Fan
  • WILDCARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 10:58:23 AM »
And the Ford Execs just sit back and smile.  :pbj:
“All right, later dudes. S you in your A’s, don’t wear a C, and J all over your B’s.”

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 01:40:36 PM »

OPEC's quarterly meeting was widely watched by analysts. The cartel had been under intense pressure to raise production as oil prices approached $120 a barrel last month.
But cartel members were unable to reach a decision to do that, with at least three members reportedly holding steadfast against any production increase. OPEC ministers said they'll take another three months before considering any increase in oil output, according to CNN.

If you voted for the messiah, I don't want to hear you b!tch about gas prices.....

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 08:12:10 PM »

If you voted for the messiah, I don't want to hear you b!tch about gas prices.....

Because gas was always cheap with Bush, right?

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2011, 10:18:34 PM »

Because gas was always cheap with Bush, right?

:facepalm:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2011, 11:31:55 PM »
A $1 gas tax hike would be a great idea.  We need to save the oil now so we can still fly in airplanes in 100 years.  I hope Colorado gets a N/S and E/W rail line soon, but not sure about connecting a place this remote with the rest of the country.  That's why we'll need jets. 

I almost took a train from Glenwood Springs to Denver 2 summers ago.  Until I realized it was seldom on time and more than tripled the commute time.  CO is like the worst place ever for a train.  Hell, even jets are kinda worthless in most of the state.  I know for a fact that Jerry Jones flies into Grand Junction before swapping into a smaller jet to fly to Aspen.  Guess we could just start blowing up mountains again?  That would be pretty good for the environment, right?  Well, you could do that in the eastern third of the state, can't eff with the Colorado river at all.