Author Topic: Tom Friedman says . . .  (Read 2785 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Tom Friedman says . . .
« on: June 10, 2011, 06:22:51 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/08/opinion/08friedman.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=%22the%20earth%20is%20full%22&st=cse

everybody should buy less, and work less because we're just too crowded and such.   Not disagreeing with him on many points.   But it's a little preachy from a guy who lives . . .

Here

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Tom Friedman says . . .
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 07:12:51 AM »
buy whatever you want, use all the energy you can.  just stop having so many rough ridin' children, you selfish, stupid shitheads.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 07:47:53 AM »
buy whatever you want, use all the energy you can.  just stop having so many rough ridin' children, you selfish, stupid shitheads.

:thumbs:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 08:00:50 AM »
I think I read that it's a myth that kids make you happier and that people with kids just say that to validate their own mistake through mob behavior or whatever. Anyway, it made a lot of sense.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 09:35:27 AM »
I think I read that it's a myth that kids make you happier and that people with kids just say that to validate their own mistake through mob behavior or whatever. Anyway, it made a lot of sense.

raising a family and leaving a legacy will make you much more wealthy than a beefed up 401k.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 09:36:56 AM »

raising a family and leaving a legacy will make you much more wealthy than a beefed up 401k.

this makes no sense at all

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 09:40:28 AM »
Money>>>>>>>Kids.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 09:43:24 AM »

ok, nazicat.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 09:43:44 AM »
Bookcat watched the movie Troy one too many times.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 09:55:32 AM »
are we on an unsustainable path for consumption of renewable and non-renewable resources? Yes, and we have been since the dawn of the Industrial Revolution.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 10:06:50 AM »

To clarify, I will settle for nothing less than 06cat's level of Rockefeller-style wealth.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 10:41:22 AM »

To clarify, I will settle for nothing less than 06cat's level of Rockefeller-style wealth.

I've come up with a fool-proof plan for you to achieve this ... hoarding pumpkins.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 04:17:41 PM »
Friedman's wife would like to remind you when you do buy things, make sure it's from a store leasing from one of her families shopping malls.

Shopping malls are playgrounds for America's ugly.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 11:08:21 AM »

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011, 12:42:06 PM »
Guys my children are the ones that will solve the worlds problems with there good looks and stellar elite smell.  What are your kids going to do?  Oh, that's right you don't have any.  Which is probably a good thing we don't need your loser genetics dropping a duece the super elites gene pool.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 01:01:48 PM »

This makes sense......

....if it was still the 1500s

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 01:04:59 PM »
are we on an unsustainable path for consumption of renewable and non-renewable resources? Yes, and we have been since the dawn of the Industrial Revolution.

That's also about the same time the world's population started increasing exponentially. Again,
Quote from: sys
stop having so many rough ridin' children, you selfish, stupid shitheads.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 01:05:48 PM »
Guys my children are the ones that will solve the worlds problems with there good looks and stellar elite smell.  What are your kids going to do?  Oh, that's right you don't have any.  Which is probably a good thing we don't need your loser genetics dropping a duece the super elites gene pool.

Hope someone other than you teaches your kids how to write/type.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 03:59:18 PM »

Hope someone other than you teaches your kids how to write/type.
It's a way over rated thing to be good at.  There are much better and more productive things for me to worry about, than some spelling and grammer.