Author Topic: Official "How are our recruits/commits doing?" thread  (Read 88107 times)

Offline penncat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Official "How are our recruits/commits doing?" thread
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2010, 09:35:46 AM »
Wondered why Nino Williams was not in box last night in loss to Olathe East - it turns out he turned ankle in first 30 seconds. XRays today.

might want to reconsider the spradling-williams friday pak.

Did we miss it or is it next friday?

Missed it.  SMS upset Leavenworth. Haven't seen a box score.

Atta kids.  I played at SMS from 01-05.  Its good to see someone from there coming to K-State

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2010, 05:05:16 PM »
Wondered why Nino Williams was not in box last night in loss to Olathe East - it turns out he turned ankle in first 30 seconds. XRays today.

might want to reconsider the spradling-williams friday pak.

Did we miss it or is it next friday?

Missed it.  SMS upset Leavenworth. Haven't seen a box score.

http://varsity.kansascity.com/custom/game&t=box&game_id=6742

Hasn't played in the last few games...Was hoping to catch Williams tomorrow night at OLNorth but no idea if he's gonna be back or not.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2010, 05:22:10 PM »
Nino is indeed injured.  I guess the Olathe News from last week was the one full of bullshit and not SYS's source.  I suck.

I'm going over to SMS to watch Spradling tomorrow night. I'll post any updates and maybe a pic if I can get a decent one w/ my elite iPhone.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2010, 05:43:58 PM »
Nino is indeed injured.  I guess the Olathe News from last week was the one full of bullshit and not SYS's source.  I suck.

don't blame yourself.  kcprephoops is very good.  he was the first one to sniff out michigancat, for example.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2010, 05:51:39 PM »

don't blame yourself.  kcprephoops is very good.  he was the first one to sniff out michigancat, for example.

I emailed him, and he let me back in the circle.  :love:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2010, 05:57:23 PM »
I emailed him, and he let me back in the circle.  :love:

did he explain why he banned you to start with.   :bwpopcorn:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2010, 06:09:56 PM »
I emailed him, and he let me back in the circle.  :love:

did he explain why he banned you to start with.   :bwpopcorn:

My guess is MICat's twitter account kinda looks like it could be spam
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 06:15:05 PM by steve dave »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2010, 06:13:54 PM »
I guess is MICat's twitter account kinda looks like it could be spam

heh.  "good music?  wtf do i care about good music?"

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2010, 06:38:25 PM »
naw, he said it was a mistake or something.  :dunno:

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2010, 12:42:38 PM »
Nino finally returned last night against olathe north and scored 24 in a 2pt win.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2010, 02:18:22 PM »
Watched Spradling last night and he had a quiet 31 points against a shitty but inspired Lawrence team.  SMS runs no offense.  They spread the floor, let Will penetrate, kick, and curl/rebound.  They should have lost the game. Will has a great stroke.  This is just my opinion but I see him being a spot up shooter type like Reed/Morningstar without their defensive ability.  He won't be able to stay in front of most D1 PGs.  He has to put on about 15 to 20 lbs of muscle and turn into a driveway shooter.  That's going to be his role if I had to guess at this point.  He isn't quick enough to create his own shot.

It wouldn't surprise me if he was a perpetual bench player ala C Merrs... 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2010, 10:05:24 AM »
Every coach dreams of his team starting a playoff game the way Krop's boys did Thursday night against Hialeah.

The Lightning played near-perfect basketball for the first four minutes of the first quarter, and handled the visiting Thoroughbreds 64-25 in a Region 4-6A quarterfinal at the Lightning gym.

Krop took a 21-2 lead, connecting on five three-pointers during the stretch and never led by fewer than 14 points the rest of the way.

``It was great to see that early on, because it helped us get the starters some rest,'' Krop coach Shakey Rodriguez said.

The Lightning advanced to the regional semifinals Tuesday when it will host Coral Gables at 7 p.m. in a rematch of the GMAC tournament final won by Gables two weeks ago.

Hialeah (18-7) made its first appearance in the regional playoffs since 1968.

In addition to Krop's sharp-shooting, it was able to nullify Hialeah forward Shawn Jones' ability to impact the game by driving to the basket and getting him in foul trouble early.

Krop forward Joe Thomas scored 10 points and defended Jones most of the time. Jones, who entered the game averaging 23.3 points and 14.3 rebounds, was held to five points and fouled out in the third quarter.

After that, Krop's lead reached 35 points prompting a running clock for the remainder of the game. The Lightning led by as many as 40.

Krop made seven three-pointers. Guard Eddie Guissary had a game-high 18 points, and guard Angel Rodriguez finished with 14 points, five assists and five steals.

• HIA (18-7): Wilkins 3, Pierre 5, Spence 2, Jones 5, Jackson 5, Abdul-Kareem 5. KR (24-4): Davis 9, Guissary 18, Rodriguez 14, Dahari 3, Thomas 10, Nagar 1, Fabian 2, Kelly 1, Barber 5, Haughton 1. Halftime: K 44-16. Technicals: HIA coach. Fouled out: Jones, Jackson. Three-pointers: Davis 2, Guissary 2, Rodriguez 2, Dahari. Rebounds: Barber 6. Assists: Rodriguez 5. Steals: Rodriguez 5.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2010, 10:08:13 AM »
In a matchup between two top-10 teams in Kansas 6A on Friday night, the No. 7 Leavenworth boys’ basketball team couldn’t quite match up with the size of No. 10 Shawnee Mission Northwest, and a 17-6 second-quarter run by the Cougars led to a 59-42 road loss for the Pioneers.
Northwest’s 6-foot-8 senior Steve Carver scored 23 points, and the Pioneers (12-6, 5-4 Sunflower League) had trouble attacking the basket against the Cougars’ zone and only got the free-throw line for two makes in four attempts on the night.
“We didn’t get it inside hardly at all. They’re big,” Pioneer head coach Larry Hogan said. “Their starting lineup goes 6’8”, 6’6”, 6’4”, 6’2”, 6’0” ... and the number of fouls just indicated that we really didn’t attack the basket as much. We settled for a lot of jump shots, and quite truthfully we didn’t make them.
“We didn’t take care of the ball, we didn’t attack the zone, and we definitely didn’t make shots.”
Northwest (12-6, 6-3 in the Sunflower League) led virtually throughout. Leavenworth came out in man-to-man defense and trailed 16-11 at the end of the first quarter, but Hogan said they were still in the game until they switched to a zone and Northwest got hot from the perimeter. They finished the game with five 3-pointers — three by Trey Freuhling and two by Navid Rafizadeh — and they led 33-17 at halftime.
“At the end of the first quarter we were right there,” Hogan said. “I’m thinking, ‘We’re going to be OK.’ But like I said, we didn’t play well at either end of the floor ... and we went to a zone, and then they lit it up in the second quarter.”
Northwest extended the lead to 48-30 heading at the end of the third, and Hogan said they led by double-digits the entire second half.
“We whittled it down, maybe got (the margin) to 11 or 12, but never got it to single digits,” Hogan said.
Northwest finished the game 8-for-10 from the free-throw line.
The Pioneers finished the game with six 3-pointers — two by Nino Williams, two by Kyle Wiggins, and one apiece by Jarrid Dean and Preston Padgett — but it wasn’t enough. Williams, who will play his college ball at Kansas State, was held to 14 points after missing games last week with an ankle injury.
“He’s had some stiffness in his back, and of course we’ve got both ankles taped up pretty heavy...” Hogan said. “He was probably feeling some of the soreness that I think a lot of the guys were feeling from it being the third game this week.”
Dean finished with seven points. Wiggins and Dougherty each had six. Grant Greenberg had five, Padgett had three, and Sam Brundy had one.
The Pioneers will play again Tuesday when they have another Sunflower League match, this time at Lawrence.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2010, 10:19:16 AM »
Spradling had 15 last night in SMS's 50-42 win over SMW>

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2010, 06:36:02 PM »
Went and saw Nino play against SMNW friday night.  Mixed impression, though I'm pretty sure this was an "off" game for him.  hit some nice 3's, but also airballed a few (has decent jumpshooting mechanics).  Leavenworth was getting their ass beat for most of the night and he generally did not play real hard offensively or defensively (their whole team didnt play much def) I really couldnt figure out wtf Leavenworth does on offense, they really should run more through Williams as he's clearly the best shooter/dribble driver on the team.  Anyway Nino def has a D-1 body and athleticism (had a nice block pinning one against the glass) but he needs someone like Frank to get his motor going.  Reminded me most of Sutton, which i'm sure surprises no-one.  A friend of mine coaches at Free State and has said Nino is the best he's seen this year in the KC area. I wish I could have caught him on a better night and seen it myself.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2010, 11:23:44 PM »
good report, andy.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »
Always love to see this mentality with a team:

evenge is a dish Krop couldn't wait to serve Coral Gables.

The Lightning routed the visiting Cavaliers 74-43 on Tuesday night in a Region 4-6A semifinal, avenging their loss to the Cavaliers in the GMAC final two weeks ago.

Krop (25-4), which will play host to Columbus in Saturday's Region 4-6A final, built an 11-0 lead in the first four minutes and added to it as the quarter progressed.

Lightning coach Shakey Rodriguez said his team came out with a lot of enthusiasm and energy.

``I think we came out with too much energy early,'' Rodriguez said. ``We really wanted to come out and play hard and I think our guys did well.''

Krop chose to go inside to 6-7 senior center Joe Thomas, who ended the first half with seven points and seven rebounds. Benefiting from Thomas' inside play were guards Corey Davis and John Dahari. Davis and Dahari each hit two three-pointers in the first half and finished with 11 points apiece.

Thomas had a double-double with 10 rebounds and 10 points.

Coral Gables (21-6) struggled to get on track, shooting 3 of 19 from the field in the first quarter. Cavaliers junior center Jonathan Holton, who was the catalyst in Gables' GMAC upset over Krop, settled for many long jumpers and finished with five points on 2-for-17 shooting but grabbed 15 rebounds.

Coral Gables was able to rally late in the second quarter, going on an 11-0 run to cut Krop's lead to four with just over two minutes to play in the half and only trailed 30-24 at halftime.

Krop dominated the third quarter, going on a 20-6 run in the first five minutes. Junior guard Angel Rodriguez led the surge, scoring 12 of his game-high 24 points during the run. Gables committed 13 second-half turnovers and only shot 28 percent from the field.

CG (21-6): X. Cruz 15, Quintana 8, Holton 5, Corriette 2, Caballero 2, Waiters 3, Bridge 6, Villareal 2. KRO (25-4): Davis 11, Rodriguez 24, Dahari 11, Thomas 10, Haughton 2, Kelly 2, Henley 2, Cesaire 3. Halftime: KRO 30-24. Fouled out: Quintana, Waiters. Three pointers: X. Cruz, Holton, Waiter, Davis 3, Rodriguez 4, George 2, Dahari 2, Cesaire. Rebounds: Thomas 10. Assists: Thomas 3. Steals: Guisarry 2.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2010, 08:40:50 AM »
Kansas Report:

Nino scored 15 points in a win against Lawrence
Will score 17 points in a win against Olathe East

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2010, 08:43:07 AM »
. Rice (18-5) (3)
The Raiders rebounded from an embarrassing loss to St. Patrick’s (N.J.) in the Primetime Shootout to handily defeat Archbishop Molloy back at Gauchos Gym in The Bronx on Tuesday to close out the regular season. Kadeem Jack and Jermaine Sanders received CHSAA all-league nods, but not Shane Southwell. Will this serve as motivation for the Kansas State-bound senior?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2010, 09:48:00 AM »
can't find an article or box yet, but krop beat columbus 79-63 to advance to the state semifinals against dr. phillips (shane larkin).  rodriguez tricoche had 39.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2010, 12:00:42 PM »
NYCHoops ranked Southwell #4 player in NYC.  Has a write-up/eval included.  Would love to know what it says.   :users:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2010, 12:18:15 PM »
NYCHoops ranked Southwell #4 player in NYC.  Has a write-up/eval included.  Would love to know what it says.   :users:

says that he's tall, passes well, can't shoot, can't guard small guards, was overranked.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2010, 06:10:11 PM »
Really kind of embarrassed for this staff and the recruits they're bringing in . . . I wonder when Wooly is going to pop out of the cake neck brace and all.    At this juncture Hill should be charged with about 5 counts of felony fraud.