Author Topic: That was close Obamabots . . .  (Read 6585 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That was close Obamabots . . .
« on: May 26, 2011, 07:10:16 PM »
but appears Barry W. Obama CEO of War Inc and COO of Big Sis LLC is going to be able to robo pen extending multiple provisions of the Patriot Act.

Go order up another batch of Post UBL assassination Freedom Fries and buy stock in Military Industrial Complex Government Control Grid Inc.

:thumbsup:

The Patriot Act is for America*

*As long as a Democrat is President.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: That was close Obamabots . . .
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 07:12:11 PM »
I LOL'd when I heard about the auto pen part. That is ridiculous.

And eff the Patriot Act

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 08:23:20 PM »
Unconstitutional to use an autopen.  An autopen could sign anything in the wrong hands.  Must be the president's hand.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 08:08:12 AM »
Unconstitutional to use an autopen.  An autopen could sign anything in the wrong hands.  Must be the president's hand.

The whole act is unconstitutional. Apparently, it just doesn't matter. :dunno:

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 09:12:55 AM »

That's a debatable position.  A machine isn't the president.  Laws must be signed by the president.

Or in this administration's case, sent by executive order or by bureaucratic fiat.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 09:13:34 AM »
 :bawl:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 09:14:17 AM »

That's a debatable position.  A machine isn't the president.  Laws must be signed by the president.

Or in this administration's case, sent by executive order or by bureaucratic fiat.

Yeah, and warrants must be obtained to wire tap American citizens, too.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »
Liberals circa 2001-2008: THE PATRIOT ACT IS GOING TO MAKE THIS COUNTRY LIKE NAZI GERMANY, BUSH IS A NAZI

Liberals circa 2009-present: *crickets*

Bunch of rough ridin' pussies.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 01:41:34 PM »

Yeah, and warrants must be obtained to wire tap American citizens, too.

It takes an interpretation of the Constitution to get there.  The Constitution says explicitly that the president must sign.

Not making a judgment on the Patriot act, just stating mechanics and the meaning of words.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 03:31:51 PM »
The whole thing is ridiculous.  Democrats are craven and will roll over.  Obama has not acquitted himself well at all in the areas of civil liberties.  As a constitutional law professor I'd have thought he'd have a little more to say, but the easy road is the only road.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 09:15:20 PM »
The whole thing is ridiculous.  Democrats are craven and will roll over.  Obama has not acquitted himself well at all in the areas of civil liberties.  As a constitutional law professor I'd have thought he'd have a little more to say, but the easy road is the only road.

i lolmao @ people that think there is any appreciable difference between dems & pubs.  they fight like animals to carve out positions on the same side of the policy coin.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 09:17:30 PM »

i lolmao @ people that think there is any appreciable difference between dems & pubs.  they fight like animals to carve out positions on the same side of the policy coin.

That's what I've been trying to convince these rubes of for months now  :dubious:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 04:02:37 PM »

That's what I've been trying to convince these rubes of for months now  :dubious:

There's a definite lesser of two evils.   

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 06:17:41 PM »

Not really.

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 12:19:05 PM »
I'll be curious to see to what extent the media will shill for Obama this coming election.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 06:13:26 PM »

Not really.

Agree to disagree.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 06:30:24 PM »
Obama loves Bush policies more than Karl Rove.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 10:56:42 PM »

Abortion is murder, so the democrats are the evil onez right?!?!?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 11:11:51 AM »
Liberals circa 2001-2008: THE PATRIOT ACT IS GOING TO MAKE THIS COUNTRY LIKE NAZI GERMANY, BUSH IS A NAZI

Bunch of effing pussies.

Agreed.

Someone needs to have the balls to stand up against this thing.  However, neither side is willing to stand up in front of the stupid and fearful American people and say, "Hey, you know you're handing away your rights just so your chances of dying in a terrorist attack decrease from 'More likely to die by being hit by an asteroid' to 'More likely to die choking on a Bacon milkshake at Denny's'."

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2011, 03:16:59 PM »

Bunch of effing pussies.

Agreed.

Someone needs to have the balls to stand up against this thing.  However, neither side is willing to stand up in front of the stupid and fearful American people and say, "Hey, you know you're handing away your rights just so your chances of dying in a terrorist attack decrease from 'More likely to die by being hit by an asteroid' to 'More likely to die choking on a Bacon milkshake at Denny's'."

They have those?  If so my chances are pretty damn good.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2011, 05:16:11 PM »

Bunch of effing pussies.

Agreed.

Ron Paul, Rand Paul, and a select few others.

The only true Americans in congress

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2011, 05:31:59 PM »

Yeah, that's why he reformed the entire health care system, reversed Bush's policy on embryonic stem cell research, proposed new regulations on greenhouse gas emissions, discouraged the DEA from federal drug raids on marijuana dispensaries, reduced troop levels in Iraq, had the balls to get Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan, and plans to eliminate tax breaks for oil companies and tax cuts for the top 2% in the near future. 

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2011, 05:35:23 PM »

Yeah, that's why he reformed the entire health care system, reversed Bush's policy on embryonic stem cell research, proposed new regulations on greenhouse gas emissions, reduced troop levels in Iraq, and killed Osama Bin Laden.  He also plans to eliminate tax breaks for oil companies and tax cuts for the top 2% in the near future. 

Why regulate greenhouse gas emissions? Global warming is a hoax.
Health care  :flush:

Other than that he's just as much of a war mongering nazi as Bush.
-Still in Iraq and Afghanistan
-Gitmo
-Patriot Act
-Pakistan
-Libya

But cheer on Obamabots, you've been deceived so bad that you can't see how bad you've been deceived

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2011, 05:40:55 PM »

Yeah, that's why he reformed the entire health care system, reversed Bush's policy on embryonic stem cell research, proposed new regulations on greenhouse gas emissions, reduced troop levels in Iraq, and killed Osama Bin Laden.  He also plans to eliminate tax breaks for oil companies and tax cuts for the top 2% in the near future. 

Why regulate greenhouse gas emissions? Global warming is a hoax. Reduced consumption of fossil fuels and improved air quality?
Health care  :flush:

Other than that he's just as much of a war mongering nazi as Bush.
-Still in Iraq and Afghanistan
-Gitmo
-Patriot Act
-Pakistan
-Libya

But cheer on Obamabots, you've been deceived so bad that you can't see how bad you've been deceived

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2011, 05:45:53 PM »
and higher unemployment!