Author Topic: Poet - just got a heads up  (Read 1252 times)

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Poet - just got a heads up
« on: May 24, 2011, 09:59:13 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: Poet - just got a heads up
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 10:37:58 AM »
insane that people give this crap the time of day

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 11:47:00 AM »
oh, so now its October 21st?

That'd better not be on a home game weekend.  :runaway:

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 12:58:14 PM »
I appreciate your concern LickNeckey.

But to be honest, it was easy to know the first time around that this guy has no idea what he's talking about:

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father...Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come." Matthew 24:36,42

Easy enough that I didn't bother to look into it or read a single article, even though I do believe at a point there will be a rapture.

This is the problem. Men may call themselves Christians, but this doesn't often hold much value.

As a relevant, current example: A single person, who has sex with whoever they please (hetero or homo) and is totally unrepentant and calls themselves a Christian, cannot be. Anyone who acts and thinks this way and would claim to be Christian must reexamine everything they think they know. They've strayed from the Truth. The Truth is not subjective. You can't accept half and reject the other half because it works better for you. If you reject half, you reject the whole.

The same thing is going on here trying to predict the rapture.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 01:07:35 PM »
Judge not, that ye be not judged P-Dub

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 01:11:24 PM »
I appreciate your concern LickNeckey.

But to be honest, it was easy to know the first time around that this guy has no idea what he's talking about:

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father...Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come." Matthew 24:36,42

Easy enough that I didn't bother to look into it or read a single article, even though I do believe at a point there will be a rapture.

This is the problem. Men may call themselves Christians, but this doesn't often hold much value.

As a relevant, current example: A single person, who has sex with whoever they please (hetero or homo) and is totally unrepentant and calls themselves a Christian, cannot be. Anyone who acts and thinks this way and would claim to be Christian must reexamine everything they think they know. They've strayed from the Truth. The Truth is not subjective. You can't accept half and reject the other half because it works better for you. If you reject half, you reject the whole.

The same thing is going on here trying to predict the rapture.

Given this all or nothing view, christians are about as common as the Dodo.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 01:45:02 PM »
I'm not attempting to judge any individual person, only stating that if some thing is true, it follows that something else is also true.

We all sin and make mistakes. It's impossible not to, for all of us. Christians continue to sin after becoming Christians. But knowingly rejecting or manipulating something God reveals to us, displays an opposition to the whole. At the very least a misunderstanding of it and that is why I say further study and self-examination is needed.

A Christian says, "God, I knew what I was doing was wrong and I did it anyway. I'm sorry."

or

"I know now what I did was wrong. I'm sorry."
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 01:48:57 PM by PoetWarrior »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 01:49:17 PM »
I'm not attempting to judge any individual person, only stating that if some thing is true, it follows that something else is also true.

We all sin and make mistakes. It's impossible not to, for all of us. Christians continue to sin after becoming Christians. But knowingly rejecting or manipulating something God reveals to us, displays an opposition to the whole. At the very least a misunderstanding of it and that is why I say further study and self-examination is needed.

A Christian says, "God, I knew what I was doing was wrong and I did it anyway. I'm sorry."

or

"I know now what I did was wrong. I'm sorry."

oh, ok

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 02:15:02 PM »
saving both of those lines for the old deathbed repentance...

thanks PW