Author Topic: Israel  (Read 4660 times)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Israel
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 11:01:52 PM »
Fight a half dozen wars against terrorism, while simultaneously calling for a sovereign state for terrorist group and US enemy Hamas.

painting a pretty broad brush to say all Palestinians want violence or that a terrorist group like Hamas will always be their leadership.  I would say that the extremists are the only ones heard and are given leadership roles because they hold corrupt elections (see Abbas).

A Jewish state and a Palestinian state can co-exist. That's Obama stance. What's more clear than that?

:Epic Fail:

Palestinian Gaza is run by Hamas, check

Obama says Palestine and Israel can co-exist, so it must be true.  :facepalm:  :naivete on roids:

If this is the closest we're going to get to someone actually articulating how this foreign policy decision is coherent, I guess it's safe to say it's not.

The media has the public tricked on the whole situation, which is a pretty shitty situation on both sides.

Israel is just as guilty of causing violence in that region as Palestine is.

Israel could stop the violence if they wanted to, but they would rather take more land away from the people that were there first.

And I'm sure I'll see some neo-con response to this including quotes from the Bible, but the media has you tricked into hating Arabs too

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 11:07:57 PM »
FACT:  Hamas runs Palestine

Pike, you've stuck hard to libertarian principles on this board, now all of the sudden are you in favor of this "foreign meddling"   :nono:

You aren't one of those anti-semite, Hitlerish, bmw type posters are you?  :opcat:

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 11:09:56 PM »

Pike, you've stuck hard to libertarian principles on this board, now all of the sudden are you in favor of this "foreign meddling"   :nono:

You aren't one of those anti-semite, Hitlerish, bmw type posters are you?  :opcat:

Defending Israel is "foreign meddling."

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2011, 11:10:07 PM »

No, but I just really don't like dumping huge amounts of money into our mid east "investment" which makes the rest of the mid east hate our guts.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2011, 12:24:24 AM »
Fight a half dozen wars against terrorism, while simultaneously calling for a sovereign state for terrorist group and US enemy Hamas.

painting a pretty broad brush to say all Palestinians want violence or that a terrorist group like Hamas will always be their leadership.  I would say that the extremists are the only ones heard and are given leadership roles because they hold corrupt elections (see Abbas).

A Jewish state and a Palestinian state can co-exist. That's Obama stance. What's more clear than that?

Obama says Palestine and Israel can co-exist, so it must be true.  :facepalm:  :naivete on roids:

If this is the closest we're going to get to someone actually articulating how this foreign policy decision is coherent, I guess it's safe to say it's not.

The media has the public tricked on the whole situation, which is a pretty shitty situation on both sides.

Israel could stop the violence if they wanted to, but they would rather take more land away from the people that were there first

And I'm sure I'll see some neo-con response to this including quotes from the Bible, but the media has you tricked into hating Arabs too

It's the defensible borders. The only reason Israel has ever taken land from the Palestinians has to do with rockets raining down upon them. They simply took enough land to force the rockets to launch from a further distance. The Palestinians and Hamas/Hezbollah/ Fatah are the aggressors. They have never accepted that the land they conquered from the Jews was given back to the original owners by a world government type organization.

Offline KSU187

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2011, 02:26:23 PM »

The media has the public tricked on the whole situation, which is a pretty crapty situation on both sides.

Israel could stop the violence if they wanted to, but they would rather take more land away from the people that were there first.

Wow Pike.. I really hope a lot of the crap you say on here is "trying to hard to be edgy," because if you actually believe this crap  :facepalm:

Wrong Fake Sugar Dick... THIS is naivete on roids

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2011, 06:00:37 PM »

The media has the public tricked on the whole situation, which is a pretty crapty situation on both sides.

Wow Pike.. I really hope a lot of the crap you say on here is "trying to hard to be edgy," because if you actually believe this crap  :facepalm:

Wrong Fake Sugar Dick... THIS is naivete on roids

All right then, go watch Glenn Beck and Bill O'reilly....and then bitch about Anderson Cooper and MSNBC

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2011, 09:23:12 PM »

Pike, for an example of why Palestine shouldn't have a country, look at gaza.

You Pal,

Sugar Dick

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2011, 06:14:49 PM »
Watching a House Hunters Intl based in Tel Aviv.  The apartments the chick is looking at include blast door type things that can cover the windows and an interior bomb shelter.  (And they are quite common, apparently.)  I don't give a eff what the religious significance of the land is, no way in hell would I live anywhere near there.  (The show even mentioned that Tel Aviv is quite safe compared to the border regions of Israel.)  eff that.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2011, 08:14:22 AM »
Watching a House Hunters Intl based in Tel Aviv.  The apartments the chick is looking at include blast door type things that can cover the windows and an interior bomb shelter.  (And they are quite common, apparently.)  I don't give a eff what the religious significance of the land is, no way in hell would I live anywhere near there.  (The show even mentioned that Tel Aviv is quite safe compared to the border regions of Israel.)  eff that.

They have a longer life expectancy than you do.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2011, 08:34:43 PM »

They have a longer life expectancy than you do.

Probably related to the 2 years of mandatory military service.