Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1353405 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #16200 on: February 17, 2024, 11:05:44 AM »
Primavera Sound in Porto?

I know two of those words

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16201 on: February 17, 2024, 11:13:39 AM »
pearl jam in lisbon?

:Hook'em:
Nice other than Pearl Jam sucks. I was there for a few days a while back. Try to start with an ebike tour day 1, it's a great way to get the lay of the land and fight jet lag. We did this one and would definitely do it again:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g189158-d11456361-Central_Lisbon_E_Bike_Tour-Lisbon_Lisbon_District_Central_Portugal.html

Go to a Fado dinner show here:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/8Nb1MuBSHUMsohZR8

This was a great dinner, reserve as soon as possible:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/vRyXkwt2YcFT2L9cA

There's also a pretty cool church ruin museum

https://www.golisbon.com/sight-seeing/carmo-church.html

Eat a lot of pastels and octopus and sardines

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #16202 on: February 17, 2024, 12:09:21 PM »
pearl jam in lisbon?

:Hook'em:
Nice other than Pearl Jam sucks. I was there for a few days a while back. Try to start with an ebike tour day 1, it's a great way to get the lay of the land and fight jet lag. We did this one and would definitely do it again:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g189158-d11456361-Central_Lisbon_E_Bike_Tour-Lisbon_Lisbon_District_Central_Portugal.html

Go to a Fado dinner show here:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/8Nb1MuBSHUMsohZR8

This was a great dinner, reserve as soon as possible:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/vRyXkwt2YcFT2L9cA

There's also a pretty cool church ruin museum

https://www.golisbon.com/sight-seeing/carmo-church.html

Eat a lot of pastels and octopus and sardines

wrong and thank you sir.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16203 on: February 17, 2024, 12:13:21 PM »
I liked this place on the main tourist drag, too. Interesting flavors and a bathroom:
 https://maps.app.goo.gl/2UeQbKMFhdGLyWiN6

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16204 on: February 17, 2024, 12:57:34 PM »
damn i nailed that one

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16205 on: February 17, 2024, 01:46:53 PM »
there’s a really clear demarcation point between people who are ok with pearl jam and those who share rusty’s view of their music.

most of that has to do with age and whether or not you have the perspective to understand pearl jam’s place in music.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16206 on: February 17, 2024, 01:55:02 PM »
Booking a trip to Puerto Vallarta and found a really good early booking deal at the Hilton all-inclusive.

Anyone been recently to PV and have recommendos?
this won’t help you.  i’ve been to pv only once.  after landing at the airport, I loaded into my ground transportation and drove south about 3 hours on highway 200 to a place called costa careyes.  if you’re looking to get away, there’s simply no better place in the central pacific coast of mexico than costa careyes!

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #16207 on: February 18, 2024, 08:37:38 PM »
Anyone know anything about European soccer? I know crap about it and it appears the season ends in Juneish? Would love to hit up a game while in Portugal. Do they have like a Ted Lasso type league or something that plays in the summer? I'm early on in my Portugal googling. I know crap about soccer, but Lil SF would love the crap out of a "real" soccer game.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16208 on: February 18, 2024, 09:11:06 PM »
I wish I could be more helpful, but no. The only thing I know is that the bots are taking over. And somehow they've gotten shittier.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16209 on: February 18, 2024, 09:47:51 PM »
I’ll hit up Phil & tell him to get in here his Portugal info.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16210 on: February 18, 2024, 10:09:29 PM »
can’t imagine there’ll be much going, league seasons all mostly end in May and Euros tournament (all the countries playing each other, mini World Cup just only Europe) happening in Germany June/July and everyone will be going crazy for that

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16211 on: February 19, 2024, 10:33:59 AM »
Anyone know anything about European soccer? I know crap about it and it appears the season ends in Juneish? Would love to hit up a game while in Portugal. Do they have like a Ted Lasso type league or something that plays in the summer? I'm early on in my Portugal googling. I know crap about soccer, but Lil SF would love the crap out of a "real" soccer game.

I've not actually pulled the trigger and went to one euro match in my travels either due to timing or price so not much help there but I fell in love with Portugal when I went. Porto and Lisbon were both amazing with the best food I think I've ever had, if you like seafood.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #16212 on: February 19, 2024, 11:25:02 AM »

I've not actually pulled the trigger and went to one euro match in my travels either due to timing or price so not much help there but I fell in love with Portugal when I went. Porto and Lisbon were both amazing with the best food I think I've ever had, if you like seafood.

This seems to be the consensus for anyone that has been and a reason it was on my radar. Very excited about the food. Already booked a Rusty recommended spot. Any other tips are appreciated. Staying in Lisbon, but cool to move around and do whatever.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16213 on: February 19, 2024, 11:45:38 AM »

This seems to be the consensus for anyone that has been and a reason it was on my radar. Very excited about the food. Already booked a Rusty recommended spot. Any other tips are appreciated. Staying in Lisbon, but cool to move around and do whatever.

- A Ginjinha - there are stands all over to get a ginjinha shot with a cherry. Some spots put it in an edible chocolate cup. They were a buck and delicious. Ended up bringing back like 4 bottles of ginjinha, didn't used to be able to get in in the US, that may have changed

- Cervejaria Ramiro - seafood place you order stuff by weight and write your order on the table. We completely effed up our order and the waiter just corrected it all and brought us the right weights of what we wanted.

- Baía do Peixe - Cascais - take the city tram over here, it's beachy. This place specifically brings all you can eat cold seafood platters. Literally keep them coming as long as you ask.

- Av. Liberdade - tree lined street park with these awesome unassuming bars all along. Sit down at any of them and grab a bottle of Vihno Verde. Literally like $8 a bottle and so good.

- Sol e Pesca - good place to sit down and try all their different canned fish. I wasn't a big fan but you'll see them in stores everywhere.

- Ponto Final - such a cool place on the water. Try and call and get a reservation, we didn't so we didn't get the coolest spots at the end of the pier but still awesome. Google pics of it.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16214 on: February 19, 2024, 01:13:10 PM »

Watch 100 ft wave on Max and have a beach day in Nazare
https://youtu.be/znCNT-9k_Ws?si=wkrtsMK1l9QjXup4

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16215 on: February 19, 2024, 10:08:10 PM »
how is the dope in portugal?

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #16216 on: February 20, 2024, 08:08:45 AM »
Speaking of dope... Officially booked for Colorado this summer. GF wants another shot at Manitou and Quandary.

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16217 on: February 20, 2024, 09:27:09 AM »
Just got back from an all inclusive in Cancun and I highly recommend doing a PAK at one. Location doesn't really matter since you never really leave the place, so anywhere works for me!
Which one did you go to

Majestic in Costa Mujeres.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16218 on: February 20, 2024, 10:19:53 AM »
Anybody done planet Hollywood in Cancun? Scheduled to go there soon but haven't had any trusted reviews to know if I should be looking somewhere else

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16219 on: February 20, 2024, 10:28:03 AM »
Went to Puerto Vallarta when I was in high school.  Haven't been back so don't have a lot to add, other than it holds an almost mystical place in my brain as the place with the best food on the planet.  All I can think about when it comes to puerto valllarta are lobster/crab quesadillas and i become hypnotized.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16220 on: February 20, 2024, 10:47:17 AM »
Went to Puerto Vallarta when I was in high school.  Haven't been back so don't have a lot to add, other than it holds an almost mystical place in my brain as the place with the best food on the planet.  All I can think about when it comes to puerto valllarta are lobster/crab quesadillas and i become hypnotized.
I went on a trip to pv with a big teenager/tour deal.

It was awesome but holy crap it was a crap SHOW of poor decision making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16221 on: February 20, 2024, 11:50:49 AM »
Went to PV for our honeymoon going to a destination wedding just after anniversary 19 so I figure some things had changed

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16222 on: February 20, 2024, 12:25:45 PM »
Going to PV this summer, but staying in a house on the beach with a chef. I’m not sure if we’ll leave the house. Wondering if there’s any must dos with girls that are 9 & 7.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #16223 on: February 20, 2024, 12:57:59 PM »
Going to PV this summer, but staying in a house on the beach with a chef. I’m not sure if we’ll leave the house. Wondering if there’s any must dos with girls that are 9 & 7.

Man, this is like my dream vacation/lottery winning strategy. Congrats

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16224 on: February 20, 2024, 01:14:43 PM »
can’t imagine there’ll be much going, league seasons all mostly end in May and Euros tournament (all the countries playing each other, mini World Cup just only Europe) happening in Germany June/July and everyone will be going crazy for that

Yeah stupid fitz. If you're in Lisbon or Porto when Portugal is playing in Euro 2024 you can go to one of their watch parties, in some ways it could be better than going to a match.