Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1356532 times)

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #14275 on: April 19, 2022, 01:11:06 PM »
today for me

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #14276 on: April 19, 2022, 02:12:25 PM »
Just like walk around with your mouths wide open 24/7/365

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #14277 on: April 19, 2022, 02:12:48 PM »
Maybe yodel as you walk

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #14278 on: April 19, 2022, 02:50:07 PM »
Think I'm headed to the beach this weekend, should be fun. Driving tho.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14279 on: April 19, 2022, 02:52:05 PM »
6 am flight out of PDX tomorrow, I expect to still see a lot of masks.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14280 on: April 19, 2022, 05:24:05 PM »
I think I'll wear a surgical mask next time I fly. I don't notice it any more and people are gross

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14281 on: April 19, 2022, 06:10:03 PM »
i still wore my kn95 in target today and at haircut and hyvee

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14282 on: April 19, 2022, 06:20:47 PM »
I'm just hoping my seat neighbors on the flights for Brady's fundraiser are more seattle than kc.  Maybe we can take turns unmasking to pound drinks.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #14283 on: April 20, 2022, 08:20:38 AM »
This thing is currently parked at OMA.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14284 on: April 20, 2022, 09:46:45 AM »
I'm just hoping my seat neighbors on the flights for Brady's fundraiser are more seattle than kc.  Maybe we can take turns unmasking to pound drinks.

The smelliest person (x1000) I've ever been next to on public transportation was a Seattleite on Amtrak. I stayed the whole trip in the snack car

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #14285 on: April 20, 2022, 10:11:45 AM »
Heading to Turks in May. Have to have negative PCR test prior. I'm curious as to what people are doing prior to heading out on a trip like this. Are you taking it easy socially a couple weeks before the test? one week? Do you just not GAF and hope for the best? I'm starting to get stressed a bit as this wasn't a cheap trip and the covid case increases along with the recent flight cancellations are really making me  :ohno:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #14286 on: April 20, 2022, 10:26:22 AM »
I can't imagine GAF

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14287 on: April 20, 2022, 10:26:28 AM »
Heading to Turks in May. Have to have negative PCR test prior. I'm curious as to what people are doing prior to heading out on a trip like this. Are you taking it easy socially a couple weeks before the test? one week? Do you just not GAF and hope for the best? I'm starting to get stressed a bit as this wasn't a cheap trip and the covid case increases along with the recent flight cancellations are really making me  :ohno:

can you get a second booster like now? I'm eligible for a second booster now but I'm going to try to time it like 8 weeks before a portugal trip in September.

Also when I was traveling around Christmas and omicron was going crazy I definitely avoided the office or restaurants in the week leading up to the trip even though a PCR wasn't required. when I went to Jamaica and needed a negative antigen I don't think I did anything.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14288 on: April 20, 2022, 10:33:58 AM »
I can't imagine GAF

you might GAF if you couldn't go on your expensive vacation because you contracted covid at wahlburgers right before the trip

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14289 on: April 20, 2022, 10:35:33 AM »
I can't imagine GAF

you might GAF if you couldn't go on your expensive vacation because you contracted covid at wahlburgers right before the trip
I'm sure it would be refunded. Half those tests are false positives anyways. It's out of your control. And I have a personal relationship with the Wahlburgers, ty very much!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14290 on: April 20, 2022, 10:36:24 AM »

I've never had to test to go. When I had to test to come home it was a covid lull but it was always in the back of my mind when going inside somewhere. It was a beach so we were outside 95% of the time but tried to be cautious and away inside places.

Hoping testing to come back is turned off by my next trip

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14291 on: April 20, 2022, 10:38:11 AM »
I can't imagine GAF

I'm sure it would be refunded. Half those tests are false positives anyways. It's out of your control.

all three of the sentences in this post are lol

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14292 on: April 20, 2022, 10:41:18 AM »
I can't imagine GAF

I'm sure it would be refunded. Half those tests are false positives anyways. It's out of your control.

all three of the sentences in this post are lol
k

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14293 on: April 20, 2022, 10:42:20 AM »

i'm sure you'll get refunded for your airfare, lodging and anything else you may have already paid for, and it's no big deal to have your Caribbean vacation canceled!
besides even if your vacation was canceled due to a false positive at least you don't have have covid while you are sitting at home not on your vacation!
and even if you stay home for the week leading up to your vacation you have exactly the same chances of catching covid as if you went to a bunch of bars/restaurants/concerts unmasked that week!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14294 on: April 20, 2022, 10:42:54 AM »
The premise of hiding in a cave for two weeks, just so you can go ape crap wild on vacation, when the virus still exists out there is also lol, choder.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14295 on: April 20, 2022, 10:43:47 AM »

i'm sure you'll get refunded for your airfare, lodging and anything else you may have already paid for, and it's no big deal to have your Caribbean vacation canceled!
besides even if your vacation was canceled due to a false positive at least you don't have have covid while you are sitting at home not on your vacation!
and even if you stay home for the week leading up to your vacation you have exactly the same chances of catching covid as if you went to a bunch of bars/restaurants/concerts unmasked that week!
Are you ok?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14296 on: April 20, 2022, 10:45:25 AM »
If I was in this situation I'd probably try and chill out some higher risk things just to be safe. I'd be wanting the trip a lot more than whatever I'm doing here for a week.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14297 on: April 20, 2022, 10:46:44 AM »
Get a crap load of shrooms and go out and get mumped up in some rando dessert like mocat does, away from everyone. Problem solved.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 10:50:28 AM by 420seriouscat69 »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14298 on: April 20, 2022, 10:50:20 AM »
Say eff it and make out with strangers all week then get wild in turks. Life without risk is boring.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14299 on: April 20, 2022, 10:52:26 AM »
He has a family. Lock them all up from going to work, school, etc. for a month. Border up the house and leave a trail of gasoline from where you've been previously and light a match so you can go on vacation! :excited:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 11:09:54 AM by 420seriouscat69 »