Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1357516 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #14200 on: March 22, 2022, 10:25:58 PM »
Just put parachutes on the plane
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #14201 on: March 23, 2022, 07:17:37 AM »
Make your body into a parachute shape and then at the last moment flip to your feet.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14202 on: March 23, 2022, 07:18:23 AM »
Ride the plane down to the ground like a surfboard and at the last second jump up in the air nailing a cushiony landing.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14203 on: March 23, 2022, 07:19:50 AM »
Aim for a super tall tree and break through the weak upper branches slowing your fall as you move down until the last branch basically is like landing on a foam mattress

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14204 on: March 23, 2022, 07:20:13 AM »
Don’t wrack yourself on a super fat branch first thing. Your balls.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14205 on: March 23, 2022, 07:22:25 AM »
Imagine if you hit the mother of all butt busters on some kids back yard trampoline and he’s landing at the exact moment and you launch him into the stratosphere. Probably less than a 5% chance you could pull that off but would be incredible to see.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #14206 on: March 23, 2022, 07:41:54 AM »
There is so much to remember and think about.  This is like a golf swing.  I have paralysis by analysis and I'm not even in the air yet.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14207 on: March 23, 2022, 08:19:27 AM »
You get a carry-on bag. If you choose to not use it to pack a parachute, that's on you.

I wonder if this is even allowed?

I'm picturing the chaos going onboard a flight about to crash.  Then Rage gets up with his parachute and starts meekly saying "excuse me" as he squeezes past people to the emergency exit row and asks someone to pop it open.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14208 on: March 23, 2022, 05:23:09 PM »
doing our first all inclusive in Sept for a bud's wedding. Pretty stoked, but also no idea what to expect. I'm a "go do crap" guy on vacations, not usually a "chill by the pool and drink"

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14209 on: March 23, 2022, 05:51:24 PM »
doing our first all inclusive in Sept for a bud's wedding. Pretty stoked, but also no idea what to expect. I'm a "go do crap" guy on vacations, not usually a "chill by the pool and drink"

well, that's going to be a bit of a problem probably. unless your "go do crap" is poorly attended and poorly organized beach volleyball and pool games.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14210 on: March 23, 2022, 05:56:33 PM »

At least you know what to prepare for.  I've done two all-inclusives.  Not a big fan but they are good for groups and just hanging out and boozing, most are so far away from a town you can't even take a cab and go do crap in a reasonable timeframe.  Set your expectations for the food very very low and maybe you'll be surprised.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14211 on: March 23, 2022, 06:36:54 PM »

well, that's going to be a bit of a problem probably. unless your "go do crap" is poorly attended and poorly organized beach volleyball and pool games.

We'll only be there for 3 days, and it'll be with a bunch of old friends, so I'm sure boozing by the pool and a v-ball game here or there will suffice for this trip

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14212 on: March 23, 2022, 06:37:53 PM »

At least you know what to prepare for.  I've done two all-inclusives.  Not a big fan but they are good for groups and just hanging out and boozing, most are so far away from a town you can't even take a cab and go do crap in a reasonable timeframe.  Set your expectations for the food very very low and maybe you'll be surprised.

What's the tip situation usually like? find one bar tender you like and tip him big the first day and call it good? tip per drink, per day, at the end of the stay?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14213 on: March 23, 2022, 08:59:48 PM »

What's the tip situation usually like? find one bar tender you like and tip him big the first day and call it good? tip per drink, per day, at the end of the stay?
Depends on the resort. I've been where people tip every drink and others where people tip nothing. Like if they are handing you beer cans all day maybe don't stress but if you're getting special frozen drinks all day tipping every drink or semi-regularly is nice. Just see what the other folks are doing. Doesn't hurt to bring ones but if a lot of folks tip the resort will make change.

Also if you want something to do the resort concierge can arrange any excursions available in the area or you can book your own. I generally just want to sit on my ass getting drunk by a beach but if it's more than four days it's nice to get out to go snorkeling or to Tulum or something.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14214 on: March 23, 2022, 10:09:13 PM »
I've taken a stack of dollars and done it a drink at a time

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14217 on: March 24, 2022, 09:21:11 AM »

My last one put me through about $50 a day in tips.  That was tipping every drink ($1-2 each) and about $5 per meal.  On my last day, I gave servers/bartenders/staff that served me fairly consistently an additional $10-20.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14218 on: March 24, 2022, 10:29:36 AM »
yeah go get a strap of 1s and make it drizzle

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14219 on: March 24, 2022, 04:19:26 PM »

My last one put me through about $50 a day in tips.  That was tipping every drink ($1-2 each) and about $5 per meal.  On my last day, I gave servers/bartenders/staff that served me fairly consistently an additional $10-20.

thanks for the info!

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #14220 on: March 26, 2022, 09:50:06 AM »

Depends on the resort. I've been where people tip every drink and others where people tip nothing. Like if they are handing you beer cans all day maybe don't stress but if you're getting special frozen drinks all day tipping every drink or semi-regularly is nice. Just see what the other folks are doing. Doesn't hurt to bring ones but if a lot of folks tip the resort will make change.

Also if you want something to do the resort concierge can arrange any excursions available in the area or you can book your own. I generally just want to sit on my ass getting drunk by a beach but if it's more than four days it's nice to get out to go snorkeling or to Tulum or something.

Depending on how busy your schedule is with the wedding I would definitely plan something during at least one of the days where you go golfing/deep sea fishing/to town etc. I love drinking at the pool/beach all day but after 3 days in a row it gets kind of boring. Do a little googling before hand and see what is available and the concierge can hook up cabs etc.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14221 on: March 30, 2022, 10:15:56 AM »
supposed to fly home in 36 hours and still testing positive.  this sucks.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14222 on: March 30, 2022, 11:05:21 AM »
Where are you and when was your first positive?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14223 on: March 30, 2022, 12:41:31 PM »
italy and the 22nd.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14224 on: March 30, 2022, 01:54:18 PM »
Sucks. Since you are testing positive are there Italian quarantine rules that will keep you there or is this all at home testing as of now?