Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1334266 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #12675 on: July 27, 2020, 12:01:43 PM »
connect through istanbul. maybe to a nice croatian island.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12676 on: July 27, 2020, 12:08:32 PM »
connect through istanbul. maybe to a nice croatian island.

time zones would be a tough adjustment

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12677 on: July 27, 2020, 12:40:45 PM »
Has anyone been to Belize?

15 years ago we snuba’d there off a private island as part of a cruise excursion. They had also had scuba, snorkeling, a beach with some floating things & a shack with rum punch/sandwiches. My dad got to talking to the guys running it and said they made the equivalent of $15k/year & were some of the richest people in town. He asked if they’d jump to do the same for a new company in a different island for $20k/year & they all said absolutely. He still thinks about starting something similar. We just have no idea how much you have to bribe to get in with whoever book that stuff. He knows it won’t be cruises, but with travel agents, etc.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12678 on: July 27, 2020, 02:54:02 PM »
Has anyone been to Belize?

yes, recently, AMA

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12679 on: August 01, 2020, 11:47:33 AM »
i have no plans to travel currently, but if i did, mexico, turkey and croatia would be among my top five choices pandemic or no pandemic, so joke's on the virus.

https://twitter.com/TravzzzWorld/status/1287588298710372353
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12680 on: August 09, 2020, 09:33:18 AM »
Gonna work remote in Breckinridge for a week starting the beginning of September. Haven’t been back there since our wedding 4 years ago. Trying to make a list of things to do there: 1. Trout fishing 2. Golf 3. Hiking 4. PAK’ing (bringing the grandparents to watch lil wacky) 5. Foodie crap

What else am I missing? Any Colorado elitist out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #12681 on: August 09, 2020, 09:35:45 AM »
see a whole ass bear

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12682 on: August 09, 2020, 01:57:51 PM »
 :bong:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12683 on: August 09, 2020, 02:07:49 PM »
Mos def. with the folks around too. I don’t even care. It’s legal.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #12684 on: August 11, 2020, 07:10:58 PM »
First day lung acclimation hike...

Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center - Scott Griffith Lodge
300 Snowy Ridge Dr, Breckenridge, CO 80424
(970) 453-0146
https://maps.app.goo.gl/FJqFaVLFZooYsmW26

You can take the trolley to Spa at Breckenridge and hike up someone who makes me uncomfortable Trail. I love the little lake at the top.

If you want to take a drive, head up to Boreas Pass. Take the trail to the left for a nice but moderate hike with some killer views.

Co Rd 33
Co Rd 33, Colorado
https://maps.app.goo.gl/rjb3rnsyrs3z385K9

Of course, shopping, breweries, and food. Love that town even if it's a tourist trap and overpriced.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12685 on: August 11, 2020, 08:14:23 PM »
Awesome! Good stuff. We love it too. We’ve just always partied there with friends and have never really had downtime there. Thank you!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12686 on: August 11, 2020, 08:43:33 PM »
I've been crap in this thread, it's like the best one. We're currently in the Duluth area, this is going to become a long weekend spot, may come back up here a couple of times this fall since college football is shot. Going to visit Cup Foods in Minneapolis on the way back home.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #12687 on: August 11, 2020, 08:46:44 PM »
Since we have extended WFH through the end of the year I'm planning on driving out to CO/WY and staying for a couple weeks.  Probably stay in Estes Park or somewhere like that for a bit then cruise on up to WY and stay with family for a TBD amount of time.  Already have a cabin vision quest scheduled to stay at to hike in and out of, no electricity or running water.  Should be a great time.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12688 on: August 11, 2020, 08:48:46 PM »
Since we have extended WFH through the end of the year I'm planning on driving out to CO/WY and staying for a couple weeks.  Probably stay in Estes Park or somewhere like that for a bit then cruise on up to WY and stay with family for a TBD amount of time.  Already have a cabin vision quest scheduled to stay at to hike in and out of, no electricity or running water.  Should be a great time.

Saint Marteen is now open to Americans, if I can find a way to get a timely test result, it's still on the table for a month.  Still worried about the internet speeds.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12689 on: August 12, 2020, 10:43:49 AM »

Saint Marteen is now open to Americans, if I can find a way to get a timely test result, it's still on the table for a month.  Still worried about the internet speeds.

it's Sint Maarten (dutch half) or Saint Martin (french half) but never Saint Marteen

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12690 on: August 12, 2020, 10:45:19 AM »

it's Sint Maarten (dutch half) or Saint Martin (french half) but never Saint Marteen

look at you

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12691 on: August 12, 2020, 10:58:52 AM »
:cool:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12692 on: August 12, 2020, 11:04:50 AM »

My apologies to my dutch/french brethern

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #12693 on: August 12, 2020, 11:07:36 AM »
Gonna work remote in Breckinridge for a week starting the beginning of September. Haven’t been back there since our wedding 4 years ago. Trying to make a list of things to do there: 1. Trout fishing 2. Golf 3. Hiking 4. PAK’ing (bringing the grandparents to watch lil wacky) 5. Foodie crap

I too, will be in Frisco the 2nd week of Sept. with  ms. ww.   :thumbs:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12694 on: August 12, 2020, 11:21:16 AM »

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12695 on: August 12, 2020, 11:33:40 AM »
In talks with friends of doing a Route 66 esque road trip and cutoff for the grand canyon instead of going to LA.

Also in talks with ski trip in January. At least these are something.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12696 on: August 12, 2020, 12:16:39 PM »
I just took the money I would have spent on a summer trip and built a new gaming computer  :th_twocents:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12697 on: August 12, 2020, 01:32:17 PM »

I too, will be in Frisco the 2nd week of Sept. with  ms. ww.   :thumbs:
Nice! Our friend just sold his condo there. That’s where we use to stay. Love that town and lake next to it. Enjoy!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12698 on: August 31, 2020, 08:38:47 AM »

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12699 on: August 31, 2020, 09:35:49 AM »
Wow, United... way to go.

American started waiving change fees because of Covid back in March and I don't Southwest has ever had them.