Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1357370 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #2925 on: January 09, 2014, 10:37:48 AM »
Is there a volcano to go look at?

no, only on the big island

I visited a volcano on Maui.  :dunno:  Mt Haleakala.

I assumed you meant active volcano. yeah, the entire island chain is extinct/dormant volcanos.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: January 09, 2014, 10:38:28 AM »
 :lol:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: January 09, 2014, 10:52:56 AM »
Is there a volcano to go look at?

no, only on the big island

I visited a volcano on Maui.  :dunno:  Mt Haleakala.

I assumed you meant active volcano. yeah, the entire island chain is extinct/dormant volcanos.

I was thinking one of those deals where they drive you up there and you look at it and then bike down if the weather is good.  So really I'm just after the elevation.  Don't need to see smoke or lava.  But of course it's up to ShellShock if he's big into lava or capitalizing on his potential energy for leisurely biking or what.  For all we know he might just want to hole up in the hotel with a case of Spam and really Hawaii it up.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: January 09, 2014, 11:13:22 AM »
order the "hawaiian" from Pizza Hut while you're there

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: January 09, 2014, 11:17:10 AM »
dressup as magnum pi for your flight

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: January 09, 2014, 12:30:00 PM »
dressup as magnum pi for your flight

we should do a PAK out there and each dress up as characters from the show.  who would clams dress up as?  you guessed it - rick.  ladies man, owns bar.  stud. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: January 09, 2014, 12:49:40 PM »
guatemala is fabulous and they have the best bananas and beans and the nicest people. you just have to get used to throwing your poopy TP into the trash can instead of the toilet. i am probably going back again this year

Freaked me out the first time I used a Home Depot bathroom in San Diego. Totally like WTF.. why is there poopy TP all over the floor around the toilets?  :horrorsurprise:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: January 09, 2014, 12:51:19 PM »
I had to PI our foreign exchange student from Chile for doing that.  Then he had to PI me for flushing it in Chile.  Don't worry bros no grievance here!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: January 09, 2014, 01:00:29 PM »
will i survive a megabus trip from jacksonville to NYC? it would be broken up by three overnight stops. i'm trying to see people in palm beach, atlanta, raleigh, DC, and NYC in a span of two weeks. i'd like to fly into florida and then bus it up to NYC.

probably will survive. either way make sure to fill us in on all the seedy details if you do it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: January 09, 2014, 01:11:47 PM »
will i survive a megabus trip from jacksonville to NYC? it would be broken up by three overnight stops. i'm trying to see people in palm beach, atlanta, raleigh, DC, and NYC in a span of two weeks. i'd like to fly into florida and then bus it up to NYC.

probably will survive. either way make sure to fill us in on all the seedy details if you do it.

Yeah, that sounds like one of those things that make for a great story and if you go into it with a good attitude it will be hilarious and fun.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: January 09, 2014, 01:14:11 PM »

Pics and details would make an cassie-worthy thread.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: January 09, 2014, 01:25:58 PM »

A bus trip from Florida to NY would likely be the most interesting trip of a lifetime in a dirty and possibly scary way.  I'd rather take a bus in Venazuela

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: January 09, 2014, 01:29:00 PM »

Yeah, that sounds like one of those things that make for a great story and if you go into it with a good attitude it will be hilarious and fun.

megabus's do crash, start on fire and explode on the reg, tho. so watch out for that. make sure to remind us before you go so we can all follow the @megabuscrashes twitter feed.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: January 09, 2014, 01:29:49 PM »
i think this needs to happen (be sure you can keep your phone charged)

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: January 09, 2014, 08:13:35 PM »
new plan. i will drive from palm beach to DC and then hop on a bus with a friend from there.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: January 10, 2014, 03:51:40 PM »

my thoughts exactly. be safe though bubs!

Offline TheCatFanSpeaks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
travel thread
« Reply #2942 on: January 11, 2014, 04:23:05 PM »
staying at the Andaz Napa for mrs. dave's bday this summer and taking one day to go to lagunitas and russian river and other beer places on the sonoma side of the hills. pretty excited.

We're going on the same trip but in August!

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: January 15, 2014, 07:26:32 PM »
used Uber for the first time today (dfw to uptown and back).  Very nice.  Will use on all my Dallas trips from now on.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: January 15, 2014, 08:22:54 PM »
uber is great in LA, love it

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: January 15, 2014, 08:36:48 PM »
weird trip bubs. when are you doing this excursion?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: January 15, 2014, 08:44:57 PM »
Driving to Ada, OK tomorrow. Should i just bring my own booze and pass out at the hotel, or is there anyone who has elite insidery info about this shithole for me to take advantage of?

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2947 on: January 16, 2014, 05:51:10 AM »
I thought having to stay in Youngstown OH was bad. Yeesh. Ada.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: January 16, 2014, 09:03:16 AM »

my thoughts exactly. be safe though bubs!
That could make for some good live pbp BBS'in.