Author Topic: Tequila Time  (Read 9940 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Tequila Time
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 03:44:27 PM »
Anything more fun than taking tequila shots?  Nope, i don't think so.  Great way to get really drunk really fast, imo.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2015, 10:50:18 PM »
I've been sipping bourbon for the last couple of years and getting kind of getting bored with it. So, a few weeks ago costco had Hornitos reposado on sale and I bought a 1.5L and really enjoyed it. Shots and sipping. Then I bought a liter of Kirkland Anejo. I really like it, and want to explore more good aged tequilas. Whats the best tequila you have ever sipped?

The Big Train

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2015, 10:56:15 PM »
i have no idea if they still make it, but it was amazing

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Tequila Time
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2015, 11:21:22 PM »
Does tequila get better with age? I have an expensive bottle of some crap from 15 years ago. It was great sipping it in Mexico back then, so I grouchy a bottle home. Does it now taste like skunk ass?

Gonna win 'em all!

The Big Train

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2015, 11:25:04 PM »
i think you would have to try it and let us know, unless there is a virtual tester....

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2015, 11:36:01 PM »

i think you would have to try it and let us know, unless there is a virtual tester....
I was asking as more of a rule of thumb, not my bottle specifically.

Gonna win 'em all!

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2015, 11:36:52 PM »

It doesn't look like they still make it, and I'm sure it was tasty, but I want a 100% blue agave, aged a few years. I have to say, if you're not an experienced tequila sipper, try the kirkland anejo for $20. I know it probably isn't even close to the high end stuff, but it has made me want to explore the tequila world outside of shots and margs.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2015, 11:40:38 PM »
Does tequila get better with age? I have an expensive bottle of some crap from 15 years ago. It was great sipping it in Mexico back then, so I grouchy a bottle home. Does it now taste like skunk ass?

Gonna win 'em all!

What is it? I don't know if it gets better in the bottle, but I doubt it gets worse. Open it and tell us what it's like.

The Big Train

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2015, 11:42:01 PM »

It doesn't look like they still make it, and I'm sure it was tasty, but I want a 100% blue agave, aged a few years. I have to say, if you're not an experienced tequila sipper, try the kirkland anejo for $20. I know it probably isn't even close to the high end stuff, but it has made me want to explore the tequila world outside of shots and margs.

my next trip the to the 'quor store i will see if they have that. it is truly a shame if they dont make that black medallion anymore

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2015, 11:43:06 PM »

Gonna win 'em all!

Find someone who has actually tasted skunk ass and ask them to take a shot. Then you'll have your answer.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2015, 11:47:28 PM »

my next trip the to the 'quor store i will see if they have that. it is truly a shame if they dont make that black medallion anymore

It's only at Costco.

The Big Train

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2015, 11:49:14 PM »
so what are you saying, i cant get it because its at costco?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2015, 11:56:15 PM »

Yes, Kirkland brand is exclusive to costco. It's probably a higher end tequila that they re-branded as they say it is made in Jalisco from 100% blue.

The Big Train

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2015, 11:58:31 PM »

Yes, Kirkland brand is exclusive to costco. It's probably a higher end tequila that they re-branded as they say it is made in Jalisco from 100% blue.

the smug is raining down as we speak, i will try and qualify for a costco membership, hopefully i get approved, probably not tho

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2015, 12:06:50 AM »

the smug is raining down as we speak, i will try and qualify for a costco membership, hopefully i get approved, probably not tho

I hope the Costco board of directors will let you in. Totally worth the interview, though. Good luck TBT!

The Big Train

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2015, 12:07:54 AM »
 :crossfingers:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2015, 03:12:58 AM »

Gonna win 'em all!

Alcohol does not get worse with age. It can be a bottle that was opened 100 years ago and it would still be good.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2015, 08:58:35 AM »

Gonna win 'em all!

Alcohol does not get worse with age. It can be a bottle that was opened 100 years ago and it would still be good.
:dubious:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2015, 12:03:40 PM »

Gonna win 'em all!

:dubious:

I slightly exaggerated, but not by much.

http://www.stilltasty.com/fooditems/index/18494
http://www.canitgobad.net/can-vodka-go-bad/
http://www.stilltasty.com/fooditems/index/18670

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2015, 12:23:54 PM »
Stevsie, thank you.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2015, 01:11:34 PM »

Can waltz into almost any costco (depending on state laws) and tell them you are only buying booze and they let you in w/o membership.
http://lifehacker.com/the-best-things-you-can-do-at-costco-without-a-membersh-1591680306

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2015, 01:17:35 PM »
Alcohol--the chemical compound--does not go bad, but air and time can make liquor taste worse.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Tequila Time
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2020, 08:11:29 PM »
Ended up not qualifying for a Costco membership.

I ended up getting some Cabo Wabo at the poor people liquor store. Idk if I’ve ever had it or not but first sip is pretty good.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2020, 11:41:32 PM »
Guys, just buy El Jimador and save some $$$

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile