Author Topic: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?  (Read 509793 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?
« Reply #4525 on: April 25, 2022, 01:42:45 PM »
Canco in mhk hy-vee is the most expensive. Dillons & Aldi whip their asses

I forgot about Aldi but I don't really eff with them. No Dillons here, we have Fareway and they're expensive as hell and not open on Sunday. SD is right, Baker's in Omaha are like the really old, small town, shitty Dillons. Kroger must not think much of Omaha, Bakers is definitely the worst brand they have.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: April 25, 2022, 01:44:14 PM »
Produce is cheaper and better at Whole Foods. Organic apples for like $1.99 a lbs blows my mind.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: April 25, 2022, 01:45:31 PM »
Yeah, we go through bushels of apples.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: April 25, 2022, 01:50:12 PM »
Aldi is actually pretty great. We do about half of our shopping there.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: April 25, 2022, 01:53:54 PM »
its hen house > price choper > hy vee in south joco and it feels like hy vee is not that interested in building new stores in this area after Leawood played hardball about using tif money to remodel an old store.  The HyVee Fresh gas stations are bitb tho

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4530 on: April 25, 2022, 01:55:19 PM »
I have no idea what stuff costs at the hyvee I go to, let alone what stuff costs at the grocery stores I do not go to. How much effort do you dudes put in to this?

i think this is a having kids thing

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: April 25, 2022, 02:35:50 PM »
Aldi is actually pretty great. We do about half of our shopping there.

I've got mad respect for Aldi's game.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: April 25, 2022, 03:12:26 PM »
I have no idea what stuff costs at the hyvee I go to, let alone what stuff costs at the grocery stores I do not go to. How much effort do you dudes put in to this?

My wife and I put in a fair bit of effort in monitoring spending (not budgeting) and especially when it comes to groceries. We feed three adults and four kids (ages 5-12) and go out to eat an average of 4 times a month. We go through a side of beef and two hogs a year. We buy mostly organic and local foods. It takes a fair bit of money to do all that, so it is worth the time and effort to save.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: April 25, 2022, 06:46:56 PM »

Appears so, I would be so bad at raising a family.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: April 25, 2022, 06:51:44 PM »

My wife and I put in a fair bit of effort in monitoring spending (not budgeting) and especially when it comes to groceries. We feed three adults and four kids (ages 5-12) and go out to eat an average of 4 times a month. We go through a side of beef and two hogs a year. We buy mostly organic and local foods. It takes a fair bit of money to do all that, so it is worth the time and effort to save.

And you don't go to Aldi????

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: April 25, 2022, 07:45:07 PM »
i know the price of everything I put into my cart and also know if that price is low/high compared to other places.  i walk around the store and plan a lot of my meals based on what is on sale.  i keep a running tab in my head and know how much i’ve spent before i ring my crap up.  i also grew up in poverty with government assistance and have never gotten away from the mentality that buying groceries is/was a privilege.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: April 25, 2022, 08:06:50 PM »
i know the price of everything I put into my cart and also know if that price is low/high compared to other places.  i walk around the store and plan a lot of my meals based on what is on sale.  i keep a running tab in my head and know how much i’ve spent before i ring my crap up.  i also grew up in poverty with government assistance and have never gotten away from the mentality that buying groceries is/was a privilege.

Yessir!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: April 25, 2022, 08:09:58 PM »
Online shopping is great for meal plan/price comparison

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: April 25, 2022, 08:10:25 PM »
Dillions is king

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: April 25, 2022, 08:15:57 PM »
I’m with Clams here, running tab in my head and try to stay to my list as much as possible. I can make out in budget and with everything off my list. Buying groceries is something I try to get good stuff while also watching prices.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: April 25, 2022, 08:36:25 PM »
Dillions is king

You ever spell Dillon’s like that it won’t just be Rocket league I’m whooping your ass in

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: April 25, 2022, 09:13:22 PM »
Dillions is king

You ever spell Dillon’s like that it won’t just be Rocket league I’m whooping your ass in

I knew one of the heirs. She killed herself  :frown:

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: April 25, 2022, 10:29:40 PM »

My mom shops there quite a bit, but, we've never been impressed with the food there. There are also no fuel rewards which are worth 7%.

We also get a lot of stuff at Costco since we're in KC almost every weekend in the fall and spring for soccer.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: April 27, 2022, 08:26:37 AM »
Had the khao soi at Baan Thai earlier this week. Was delicious.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: April 29, 2022, 02:29:02 AM »
my townie brothers. who has been to the mexican restaurant where Jeffs pizza was? Bien? Muy bien? Excelente?? Malo?
Tried this recently. Verdict: disappointingly average. 3/7 tacos. Worst addition to the MHK taco scene since La Fiesta.  :dubious:

edit to add that the hot salsa was 5/7

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4545 on: April 29, 2022, 10:35:41 AM »

My mom shops there quite a bit, but, we've never been impressed with the food there. There are also no fuel rewards which are worth 7%.

We also get a lot of stuff at Costco since we're in KC almost every weekend in the fall and spring for soccer.

We have gone from mostly Hen House (its right up the street) and Costco every other week to Costco every week and a bit at Hen House. I'm not sure if we just adjusted over time to what Costco has or if they just kept adding more and more groceries. I'm honestly not sure if we save any money going there, its just our standard grocery store now.  :dunno:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: April 29, 2022, 12:56:40 PM »

Appears so, I would be so bad at raising a family.

I’m w/ 7. Also have kids. Do mostly all of our shopping at Dillon’s fwiw. Also prob waste tons of money.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: May 23, 2022, 08:23:56 AM »
Stopped in to the new Flight Crew Coffee place on Poyntz on Saturday. Enjoyed it. Will go back again.

https://www.flightcrewcoffee.com/

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: May 23, 2022, 09:54:02 AM »
Yeah quite swanky in there. I wonder without a drive thru if it can/will survive though.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: May 23, 2022, 10:04:03 AM »
I thought the website was funny. It's kind of an interesting theme.