Author Topic: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?  (Read 503319 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?
« Reply #4375 on: January 11, 2021, 02:13:20 PM »
Wasn't sure where to put this, but....

Stopped into Tanner's on Saturday night, and shortly after closing time I started having fraudulent activity on the card (it was the only place I had used it and it was earlier in the evening). I've had this happen a few times through the years but I knew it was more random and I was ok with them just sending me a new card. But this one has me more interested.

Wells Fargo blocked every transaction and contacted me, but the person was trying to use it for online gift cards, and tried all 3 of doordash, grubhub, and postmates.

Anyone ever had something like this happen? Wells Fargo fraud says they'll investigate but I doubt they try THAT HARD.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: January 11, 2021, 02:36:30 PM »
Didn't see that yoga-like_abana continued to die on the Chicken N Pickle hill. Woof.

Anway, it's time we discuss Frida's. Food truck (trailer?) on 3rd Street by Sonic. Fantastic. I've had just about the whole menu. Order the Tacos Roy w/ your preferred protein, take it over to Manhattan Brewing Co, order an Imposter Pils and relive the halycon days of La Hacienda bliss.
wanna play pickleball? maybe grab a beer after and some lunch? chicken and pickle could become the new golf course broseph

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: January 11, 2021, 02:37:12 PM »
has anyone ate at nicos yet? I've heard some people raving on it but I don't see italian food being that amazeballs

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: January 11, 2021, 02:39:55 PM »
has anyone ate at nicos yet? I've heard some people raving on it but I don't see italian food being that amazeballs
It's good for the price. Basic red/white sauce joint. They have a 12oz filet for $30 that might be one of the better deals in town. Definitely not gourmet Italian but fills a void in this town.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: January 12, 2021, 03:10:05 AM »
is that the one that’s Salina’s Martinelli’s? :sdeek:

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4380 on: January 12, 2021, 09:45:02 AM »
is that the one that’s Salina’s Martinelli’s? :sdeek:
Yeah, same people.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: January 12, 2021, 01:57:32 PM »
Didn't see that yoga-like_abana continued to die on the Chicken N Pickle hill. Woof.

Anway, it's time we discuss Frida's. Food truck (trailer?) on 3rd Street by Sonic. Fantastic. I've had just about the whole menu. Order the Tacos Roy w/ your preferred protein, take it over to Manhattan Brewing Co, order an Imposter Pils and relive the halycon days of La Hacienda bliss.

Did Frida's for lunch.  Ridiculously good.  I did Carnitas and the wife did ground beef tortas.  I thought tortas would be pretty vanilla but the seasoning on the beef and flavor in the torta are great.  The carnitas were incredible and had the little bits of char crunch.

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: January 24, 2021, 12:55:03 PM »
Enjoyed some Frida's w/ KK, Tobias and Tobias's lady friend at the brewery yesterday. I had the al pastor quesadillas and was extremely pleased.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: January 24, 2021, 01:50:19 PM »
that place was great.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: March 06, 2021, 09:17:23 AM »
Probably common mhk knowledge by now but dreiling screwed over Cox bros so they are no longer associated with Cox bros bbq or coco bolos. They have an uphill battle trying to revamp kites menu.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: March 06, 2021, 09:21:33 AM »
Probably common mhk knowledge by now but dreiling screwed over Cox bros so they are no longer associated with Cox bros bbq or coco bolos. They have an uphill battle trying to revamp kites menu.
Wait, so Cox bros are no longer associated with their own businesses? That’s sad
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: March 06, 2021, 09:25:01 AM »
Wait, so Cox bros are no longer associated with their own businesses? That’s sad
Correct and yes

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: March 06, 2021, 10:15:35 AM »
But Cox Bros now own Kite’s and may try to ruin the best burger in town?
:adios:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: March 06, 2021, 10:28:37 AM »
Manhattan's brand names and corresponding businesses are as mumped up as college sports conferences post-armageddon.

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: March 06, 2021, 12:27:25 PM »
But Cox Bros now own Kite’s and may try to ruin the best burger in town?
I don't believe they took on an ownership stake. More of a consulting gig.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: March 06, 2021, 05:59:59 PM »
I don’t know exactly how it went down, but I don’t think dreiling screwed them.  I also don’t think that dreiling is liked by anyone that has worked for/with him so I’m sure Cox boys hate him but not sure how he screwed them exactly.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: March 06, 2021, 06:01:31 PM »
Also one of the brothers that used to run Texas star/hibachi hut took my coffee drive thru order at Panera.

Online PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: March 06, 2021, 06:41:53 PM »
I don’t know exactly how it went down, but I don’t think dreiling screwed them.  I also don’t think that dreiling is liked by anyone that has worked for/with him so I’m sure Cox boys hate him but not sure how he screwed them exactly.
Dave absolutley mumped them. Blamed them for his own micro managing incompetence and then took everything he possibly could.  Including the smoker that sat out front which wasn't even used.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: March 06, 2021, 06:44:24 PM »
Dave absolutley mumped them. Blamed them for his own micro managing incompetence and then took everything he possibly could.  Including the smoker that sat out front which wasn't even used.

I am not saying Dave dreiling is a good person, I’m just asking what the arrangement was supposed to be and if that was somehow changed. I thought Dave basically bought them out and then paid them a consulting fee or whatever.

Online PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4395 on: March 06, 2021, 06:49:52 PM »

I am not saying Dave dreiling is a good person, I’m just asking what the arrangement was supposed to be and if that was somehow changed. I thought Dave basically bought them out and then paid them a consulting fee or whatever.
They showed up for a "standard" meeting and walked into a roomful of lawyers telling them they were out.

aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: March 06, 2021, 07:12:54 PM »
Also one of the brothers that used to run Texas star/hibachi hut took my coffee drive thru order at Panera.
That would be Kale. Jared works for HCI.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: March 06, 2021, 07:46:47 PM »
townie mysteries getting solved left and right here.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: March 06, 2021, 09:41:41 PM »
I found my spiritual innards determinedly unmoved by the music, dance and characterization. Some online types poured scorn on me for giving it only three stars. Hey ho. C'est la vie. Some critics dislike attracting flak from social media finger waggers. Happily, I am so clueless about most internet sites that it flies over my little head.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: March 06, 2021, 11:18:04 PM »
Does Kites still have the largest lighted dance floor in the state?
:adios: