Author Topic: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?  (Read 509031 times)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Re: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?
« Reply #1350 on: May 06, 2014, 04:52:40 PM »
i've never started eating a pizza and been like "this pizza is not very good at all" and not continued to eat the rest of the pizza.

True story: after the big take and bake dust up here I got a pie from papa murphy's and I stopped half-way through my second slice.  There was a wrongness to its flavor that I couldn't power through. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

The Big Train

« Reply #1351 on: May 06, 2014, 05:54:39 PM »
i've never started eating a pizza and been like "this pizza is not very good at all" and not continued to eat the rest of the pizza.

Does this still apply to day old Little Caesar's?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: May 06, 2014, 05:55:47 PM »

Does this still apply to day old Little Caesar's?

I wouldn't start on one, and if it were mine, it wouldn't live to be a day old.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: May 06, 2014, 11:33:48 PM »
Guys, I had ribs today at Cox Bros and they were actually pretty good!  :Wha: I know what you're thinking: "You're crazy waks!" But I really couldn't find much to complain about them.

Maybe they were just on a roll that day or maybe it had something to do with me reading this article about America's 35 best ribs. Oddly, no Wichita or OKC places were mentioned (MIR bait)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: May 06, 2014, 11:49:25 PM »
Hi guys. Waks here. Was jw if anyone knew what's going in on McCall road across from the iHOP. Thanks friends.

hi waks

it is a meritrust credit union

basically the pizza ranch of credit unions

GFY

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: May 06, 2014, 11:51:47 PM »
Pizza Ranch is about the most Iowa'y thing in the world

It's even a joke here, people look down at pizza ranch. Have I told the story about the wedding reception at pizza ranch the first and only time I ate there?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: May 06, 2014, 11:52:46 PM »
yes you did but would listen again!

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: May 07, 2014, 12:07:13 AM »

It's even a joke here, people look down at pizza ranch. Have I told the story about the wedding reception at pizza ranch the first and only time I ate there?

if someone sent me a wedding invitation with a reception at a place called pizza ranch i would rip it up and throw it in the trash

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: May 07, 2014, 12:16:29 AM »

if someone sent me a wedding invitation with a reception at a place called pizza ranch i would rip it up and throw it in the trash

:thumbs:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: May 07, 2014, 12:17:47 AM »
Guys, I had ribs today at Cox Bros and they were actually pretty good!  :Wha: I know what you're thinking: "You're crazy waks!" But I really couldn't find much to complain about them.

Maybe they were just on a roll that day or maybe it had something to do with me reading this article about America's 35 best ribs. Oddly, no Wichita or OKC places were mentioned (MIR bait)

I like Cox Bros too. You're out of your mind if you think I'm going to look at a slideshow comprised of 35 slides, lol.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: May 07, 2014, 12:42:01 AM »

I had no pizza ranch experience before I moved here, there were many red flags
-only other ones I had even seen are in Emporia and Liberty
-it's a pizza buffet that heavily advertises chicken
-it's called rough ridin' pizza ranch
Anyway I had lived here for about a month and my family hasn't moved yet. It was a Friday night and I was hungry as hell but tired, I didn't want to cook so I said what the hell and went for it. I had serious reservations about going to a pizza buffet alone on a Friday night, especially one in Boone Iowa with fried chicken signs everywhere. I thought the judgment of me would precede me into PR by about 50 feet, I couldn't be more wrong. First of all it took them 10 minutes to seat me, I really don't know why. The pizza was as horrendous as it looks, they have a wide variety on the buffet, but it's a wide variety of weird crap. I snuck a piece of chicken and it was really gross, soggy and salty. After I looked up from my shame I saw a lot of people wearing matching racing team shirts and boots, they were all sitting in the same area of the ranch, one of the tables were facing out like it was the head table, there was a lady in a wedding dress a lady next to her in a button down shirt, not a blouse, two gentlemen on the other side of her both wearing the racing shirts, there were also a crap load of kids at this reception. The woman in the button down confirmed to me, without me asking, on my visit to the buffet to get yes watermelon, that the bride and groom had just gotten married.

I chuckled about this to myself then felt bad and continue to do so because I really don't think anyone has a Friday night dinner rush reception a pizza ranch willingly.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: May 07, 2014, 01:26:54 AM »
daris, it's a 3/10 prolly, don't believe yard dog's lies

dat cactus bread tho... 10/10
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: May 07, 2014, 08:21:41 AM »

I like Cox Bros too. You're out of your mind if you think I'm going to look at a slideshow comprised of 35 slides, lol.

Click "list" and it just lists them without slides.  #lifehack
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: May 07, 2014, 09:20:35 AM »
Anyone been to Willies recently?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: May 07, 2014, 09:38:41 AM »
Hi guys. Waks here. Was jw if anyone knew what's going in on McCall road across from the iHOP. Thanks friends.

hi waks

GFY

If you want some meritrust to have some brand differentiation from pizza ranch, you should ask them to have their architects design a building that doesnt look exactly like pizza ranch.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: May 07, 2014, 09:40:54 AM »

Anyway I had lived here for about a month and my family hasn't moved yet. It was a Friday night and I was hungry as hell but tired, I didn't want to cook so I said what the hell and went for it. I had serious reservations about going to a pizza buffet alone on a Friday night, especially one in Boone Iowa with fried chicken signs everywhere. I thought the judgment of me would precede me into PR by about 50 feet, I couldn't be more wrong. First of all it took them 10 minutes to seat me, I really don't know why. The pizza was as horrendous as it looks, they have a wide variety on the buffet, but it's a wide variety of weird crap. I snuck a piece of chicken and it was really gross, soggy and salty. After I looked up from my shame I saw a lot of people wearing matching racing team shirts and boots, they were all sitting in the same area of the ranch, one of the tables were facing out like it was the head table, there was a lady in a wedding dress a lady next to her in a button down shirt, not a blouse, two gentlemen on the other side of her both wearing the racing shirts, there were also a crap load of kids at this reception. The woman in the button down confirmed to me, without me asking, on my visit to the buffet to get yes watermelon, that the bride and groom had just gotten married.

I chuckled about this to myself then felt bad and continue to do so because I really don't think anyone has a Friday night dinner rush reception a pizza ranch willingly.

that story makes me chuckle but also sad

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: May 07, 2014, 09:45:02 AM »

hi waks

GFY

If you want some meritrust to have some brand differentiation from pizza ranch, you should ask them to have their architects design a building that doesnt look exactly like pizza ranch.
True story. I got my car loan through Meritrust cause it was like some crazy 1.8% intrust. Amazing, right? :love: Only problem, I have to mail them a check every month. They charge you for online or over the phone payments. It's like an additional $25. So rough ridin' weird.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: May 07, 2014, 09:46:52 AM »

hi waks

GFY

True story. I got my car loan through Meritrust cause it was like some crazy 1.8% intrust. Amazing, right? :love: Only problem, I have to mail them a check every month. They charge you for online or over the phone payments. It's like an additional $25. So rough ridin' weird.
:D

Also, good to know. I was thinking about moving my car loan to Meritrust.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: May 07, 2014, 09:49:22 AM »
 :D Not changing it.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: May 07, 2014, 11:24:12 AM »
Did anyone consider how a fried chicken buffet would help with recruiting?  :dunno:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: May 07, 2014, 11:25:08 AM »
Did anyone consider how a fried chicken buffet would help with recruiting?  :dunno:

recruits only care about Red Lobster, Olive Garden, and Outback Steakhouse.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: May 07, 2014, 12:32:45 PM »

that story makes me chuckle but also sad

MIR tells it really well.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: May 07, 2014, 01:00:32 PM »
I would eat there solely for the cactus bread.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: May 07, 2014, 01:24:24 PM »

We don't recruit rural Iowa heavily. Would have been good for Roy Williams era KU basketball though.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: May 07, 2014, 01:26:47 PM »

hi waks

GFY

:D

Also, good to know. I was thinking about moving my car loan to Meritrust.

We have been members there for like a decade and they offered us 7%, so I gave them a :Flipped off x2: and went to Credit Union of America and got 2%.