Author Topic: Stock Market Thread  (Read 19423 times)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Stock Market Thread
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2012, 03:17:41 PM »
Normally I'm not into penny stocks, but I've been passed some good info. Still researching myself, but upside is huge.

EPGLD.

Recently restructured. New business model. Holds patent for FDA approved medical device that could be a staple in years to come....
It is up 390% on the year. Somebody that owns 10,000 shares "passed on" some good information to try to find a buyer.

EDIT: 10,000 shares isn't that much (like $5?). Maybe I should have said 10,000,0000,0000,000 shares? muah ha ha ha (evil laugh)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 03:21:18 PM by dobber »

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2012, 03:18:09 PM »
Cramer loves.....

see

The guy may act like a raving lunatic, but he's no slouch. He averaged a 24.5% annual return on the hedge fund he managed for 14 years. If your portolio tops those returns, you're a better man than me.

I'm just trying to give you honest advice here.  I can see what you are doing and why and I can tell you it's like throwing darts (or worse with the cramer mention).  take it fwiw or don't.  I don't give a crap.

My best friend's dad had a 7-minute interview on Cramer a few months back.  Only 7 minutes of Cramer I've ever watched. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline shivvyman

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Combo-Fan
  • Hates All Races Equally
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2012, 03:21:31 PM »
Normally I'm not into penny stocks, but I've been passed some good info. Still researching myself, but upside is huge.

EPGLD.

Recently restructured. New business model. Holds patent for FDA approved medical device that could be a staple in years to come....
It is up 390% on the year. Somebody that owns 10,000 shares "passed on" some good information to try to find a buyer.

......due to reverse split......not a true gain. The stock is valued at fractions of a penny. Any change seems monumental.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 03:25:59 PM by shivvyman »

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2012, 03:40:35 PM »
christ, it's like everytime you post something in this thread I hear smart people laughing in my head.  no offense to your personally as we are all fear the beards around here. 

Offline shivvyman

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 07, 2012, 03:53:51 PM »
christ, it's like everytime you post something in this thread I hear smart people laughing in my head.  no offense to your personally as we are all fear the beards around here.

Did we go to the same school? I rough ridin' hope not. I guess 'smart' is a relative term.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 07, 2012, 04:38:14 PM »
 :lol:

Are all racists as bad at investing as shivvyman?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2013, 09:15:32 AM »
FNF- Fidelity National Financial. Provides title related products and services. Just bought some.

Where is the upside? Did a little scan of the yearly charts and dividend history.....nothing spectacular.
shivvyman, I want to tell you a story.
I don't actually think steve dave likes me because I am not a very good bbs'r, but he is still my friend. If you call my friend a dumbass, then you are not my friend and I cannot share with you where the super secret insidery info is on FNF that makes it have one of the biggest upsides in the history of upsides.
The end.
Hey shivvyman, just curious if you followed my advice on this one? Up 37% since I bought in July...nothing spectacular.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2013, 10:41:47 AM »
FNF- Fidelity National Financial. Provides title related products and services. Just bought some.

Where is the upside? Did a little scan of the yearly charts and dividend history.....nothing spectacular.
I don't actually think steve dave likes me because I am not a very good bbs'r, but he is still my friend. If you call my friend a dumbass, then you are not my friend and I cannot share with you where the super secret insidery info is on FNF that makes it have one of the biggest upsides in the history of upsides.
The end.
Hey shivvyman, just curious if you followed my advice on this one? Up 37% since I bought in July...nothing spectacular.

:lol: 'grats dobbs!
:adios:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2013, 11:43:25 AM »

The end.

It was all due to reverse splits. I do hope that he bought EPGLD (now EPGL), as it is up something like 3000%. That would be pretty awesome.
Don't forget to invest early and often you newly wealthy (but already) elite SOB.

Offline shivvyman

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2013, 03:54:54 PM »

The end.

It was all due to reverse splits. I do hope that he bought EPGLD (now EPGL), as it is up something like 3000%. That would be pretty awesome.
Don't forget to invest early and often you newly wealthy (but already) elite SOB.

Did not invest in FNF.

However, yes, did invest in EPGL. Unfortunately, I didn't get in as early as I should have which cost me quite a large sum of coin. That being said, when I did pull the trigger it was not a small amount (I suppose that is a relative term).

It is not too late to get into this stock. They are set for a PR release on the 25th. We should see some gradual building of PPS leading up to the announcement. Depending on the announcement, the stock could take off or just settle in for a while before building again.

This patented device they have (which is FDA approved) is set to hit the market this year. If it does as well as all indicators show, it could be a major game changer in the medical community. They recently announced where production would occur (here stateside in CA). Pre-orders have been taken for CONUS. They have already partnered with a distributor in Asia for that market.  All signs point up.

The best is yet to come in my opinion. I see no reason why this stock won't be up at .10 by summer. That would be over a 300% gain from where we now stand. 

Only negative is the number of total shares/restricted shares. Due to the high number, anything PPS above .20 would scare me a little since it would all be on speculation unless they have pre-orders out the ass and the other devices in R&D will be hitting the market soon.

Do what you want.......

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2013, 04:05:16 PM »
Man, penny stocks are really interesting.  I negotiated a couple extra thousand per year in my starting salary, thinking that it might be fun to drop that into a penny stock such as this EPGL, just to see what happened.  Seems more like gambling (which I love), than sound investing, but I'm totally okay with that.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2013, 09:29:28 AM »
Some of you might want to listen to the stock talk on last night's The Ed Show.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Stock Market Thread
« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2013, 09:47:29 AM »
Some of you might want to listen to the stock talk on last night's The Ed Show.

there was some great math going on last night.  had no idea the Ed was THAT rich.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2013, 09:48:37 AM »
Man, penny stocks are really interesting.  I negotiated a couple extra thousand per year in my starting salary, thinking that it might be fun to drop that into a penny stock such as this EPGL, just to see what happened.  Seems more like gambling (which I love), than sound investing, but I'm totally okay with that.

it's a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)'s game.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2013, 10:36:31 AM »

options trading sounds more like what you're looking for.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2013, 12:43:35 PM »

Figure out the whole currency trading game and then report back. sd seems to understand finances very well, and him saying penny stocks is a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)'s game speaks much louder than anything I could ever tell you. I will only say that I concur with sd.

Offline reidrolled

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2013, 01:43:49 PM »

Figure out the whole currency trading game and then report back. sd seems to understand finances very well, and him saying penny stocks is a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)'s game speaks much louder than anything I could ever tell you. I will only say that I concur with sd.
I agree with the options trading.... trading currencies seems like a whole lot of work for almost no return as an individual investor.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2013, 02:42:13 PM »

I agree with the options trading.... trading currencies seems like a whole lot of work for almost no return as an individual investor.
Yeah, the currency thing is interesting to me, but I can't figure out how I'd ever really be able to make that my thing in retirement. 8mp is a smart guy, I want him to figure it out for me and then teach me how.

8MP, max your 401k, max your HSA, Max a Roth IRA. Anyplace you can gain a tax advantage, do so. Invest everything you possibly can right away and you'll never even miss it or feel like you can't afford to invest. You are going from probably never making more than $25k a year to all of a sudden making $80k a year. If you wait even a few months, your life style will adjust to your new salary and you'll think that you can't afford to invest.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2013, 02:50:28 PM »
Alright guys, I appreciate the well thought out advice, but I think I'm just going to invest $100 a day in powerball tickets.  Its not really retirement unless you have tens of millions, so I think this is the way to go.

Offline shivvyman

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2013, 04:43:31 PM »
A lot of bad gauge being dispensed in this thread.

Penny stocks are certainly not where you put your retirement savings. However, if you can wade through the crap, there are some companies that have the potential to grow exponentially. Obviously, the vast majority of companies at the pink level are junk. It isn't easy finding the winners. I certainly don't recommend 'trading' penny stocks. Rather, find those that have potential for growth and invest in them.

In six months, it has taken EPGL to do what it took the S&P 500 to do in nearly 25 years.