Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1332215 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #6700 on: December 12, 2013, 11:25:05 AM »
Don't forget that we're without Omar Bravo right now.

The injuries and away games will definitely put us in a hole.  I just read an article in the KC Star about how Sporting has either the 4th or 5th highest payroll in the MLS so you'd hope they could stay in the race.

Lots of fans calling for Vermes to get fired after tonights game.  Most figured it would happen at the end of year, but at this point, it may help to add excitement and interest if they made a change before the opener.  I'd be happy to see them make a change as long as it isn't a complete nobody.

Vermes needs to go NOW we would be better off picking up Saint Thomas Aquinas' head coach

Squawks outed

eeesh that's an ugly quote. Even when Sporting KC was sucking that season you knew we'd come good. 13 road games to open the season was going to kick anyone's ass. Vermes is guilty of the occasional starting XI brainfart (see NE first leg), but overall is very good at managing.

Meh, I used to be pretty rough ridin' stupid too. Not going to out myself. Had a pretty embarrassing argument with mocat where I got mushed.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: December 12, 2013, 11:32:10 AM »
Chad Marshall to Seattle.  :surprised: Don't know what Columbus gets in return yet.

HOPEFULLY NOT EDDIE JOHNSON  :ohno:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/blogs/covering-the-crew/2013/12/marshall-traded.html

Grant Wahl ?@GrantWahl 10s
Columbus trades Chad Marshall to Seattle for allocation $ & '15 3rd-round pick. Can't tell if a good trade because don't know allocation $.

PHEW

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: December 12, 2013, 11:37:38 AM »
Don't forget that we're without Omar Bravo right now.

The injuries and away games will definitely put us in a hole.  I just read an article in the KC Star about how Sporting has either the 4th or 5th highest payroll in the MLS so you'd hope they could stay in the race.

Lots of fans calling for Vermes to get fired after tonights game.  Most figured it would happen at the end of year, but at this point, it may help to add excitement and interest if they made a change before the opener.  I'd be happy to see them make a change as long as it isn't a complete nobody.

Vermes needs to go NOW we would be better off picking up Saint Thomas Aquinas' head coach

Squawks outed

eeesh that's an ugly quote. Even when Sporting KC was sucking that season you knew we'd come good. 13 road games to open the season was going to kick anyone's ass. Vermes is guilty of the occasional starting XI brainfart (see NE first leg), but overall is very good at managing.

Meh, I used to be pretty rough ridin' stupid too. Not going to out myself. Had a pretty embarrassing argument with mocat where I got mushed.

you may as well post it.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: December 12, 2013, 11:38:24 AM »
 :shy:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: December 12, 2013, 11:39:58 AM »
mumped up how the #1 seed starts out on the road. Seems like a good time for the home team to take control of the series.

No, in 2 legged knock out it's more of an advantage to play the 2nd leg at home. It's based off the aggregate score, and goals scored in the away game count as the tiebreaker. So if we lose 3-2 away and but win 2-1 at home we would advance 4-4 having scored 2 away goals to their 1. Not sure if this is the case in MLS playoffs. Plus in the second leg you know what score you need to advance if you lose the first leg, and you have the home crowd behind you.
Actually it's different for the MLS Playoffs than basically any other cup I've ever heard of. Away goals don't weigh any more than home goals. It's all about total goals. I think the tiebreaker is just a third game played.

jfc people, where do you come up with this stuff?  :facepalm:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/competition-rules-and-regulations
Announcers on Fox Soccer Channel. Go eff yourself btw.  :D
EDIT: Also, the link you posted has this included dumbass:
The four Conference Semifinals will be decided by two-game aggregate series, with the lower seed hosting the first leg and the higher seed hosting the second leg. If the aggregate score is tied after 180 minutes of play, two 15-minute extra time periods will be played in their entirety, followed by penalty kicks, if necessary. The two Conference Championships will be single games hosted by the higher seed. MLS Cup will again be a single championship match hosted at a predetermined site to be announced at a later date.
In other words, LHarKSUCat was right.

I was agreeing with LHarKSUCat. I was facepalming you tards that brought up the weighted away goal, which does not exist in MLS playoffs, and especially the mystery 3rd game tiebreaker, which you completely made up.  Notice the text that I quoted. :facepalm: i mean, jfc dude. You are calling me a dumbass because the link I provided is correct?  :confused:

I HAVE NO WORDS. I mean, I am not a good poster now, but man was I terrible then. Plus, how the eff did I think the tie-breaker after a two-legged series was a third game?  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :'bye cruel world: :'bye cruel world:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6705 on: December 12, 2013, 11:45:51 AM »
haha, sunny you got really turned around in there. we've all been there.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: December 12, 2013, 11:46:43 AM »
This [redacted] just signed for Cruz Azul:

We're toast.  :'bye cruel world:

He's been a regular for Mexico too.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: December 12, 2013, 11:47:51 AM »
haha, sunny you got really turned around in there. we've all been there.

I was pretty new back then too.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: December 12, 2013, 12:20:08 PM »
2014 MLS All Star Game official announcement is today at noon. It's in Portland. Was already leaked that it will be Bayern Munich. Hopefully, they announce the date, so I can look into maybe going. Seeing a game at Jeld-Wen is on the bucket list.

Will be Wednesday, August 6 at 8:30pm on ESPN2. Was just brought up on twitter that SKC-Vancouver is four days after the ASG. #roaddron
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 12:31:37 PM by sunny_cat »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: December 12, 2013, 12:43:52 PM »
Espinoza appears to have started for Wigan in the Europa League. Game is now on FS2. Maribor just tied it at 1. Almost HT.

I think if Wigan wins, they advance out of their group along with Rubin Kazan.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 12:47:04 PM by sunny_cat »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: December 12, 2013, 12:53:50 PM »

:love:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: December 12, 2013, 01:22:19 PM »
Houston's expansion NWSL team:

:Yuck:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: December 12, 2013, 02:07:46 PM »
Re-Entry Draft:

Sean Franklin to DC United (One of the best available, but being taken now means DC will have to pay him $225k next season. That's a lot for a full back)

Steve Zakuani to Portland (former Akron Zip reuniting with Caleb Porter - Also, just saw on twitter that current Timbers LW, Rodney Wallace, tore his ACL in the playoffs v. RSL - Zakuani will be the natural replacement at LW)

Corben Bone to Philadelphia (Idk who that is)

Marc Burch to Colorado (I'd imagine they use him to trade. Pretty sure Burch is a left back. Good enough to start somewhere probably. Colorado already have stud young LB, Chris Klute. I suppose Burch could just be depth.)

We passed (no surprise)

Bobby Boswell to DC United (Best player available for the money in the draft imo - was a former DC player before his time at Houston)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 02:33:06 PM by sunny_cat »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: December 12, 2013, 03:37:00 PM »
I really really really hate "Blue Hell."  An unnecessary and unearned Galatasaray ripoff.

MIR, how could you? :frown:

:blush:

I stand by it

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: December 12, 2013, 03:39:11 PM »
2014 MLS All Star Game official announcement is today at noon. It's in Portland. Was already leaked that it will be Bayern Munich. Hopefully, they announce the date, so I can look into maybe going. Seeing a game at Jeld-Wen is on the bucket list.

Did you know Jeld-Wen is like 90 years old and was a baseball stadium, Portland Beavers, immediately before the Timbers took over the building.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: December 12, 2013, 03:53:09 PM »

Did you know Jeld-Wen is like 90 years old and was a baseball stadium, Portland Beavers, immediately before the Timbers took over the building.

I knew it was old AF. It's a cool building.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: December 12, 2013, 03:54:04 PM »
I really really really hate "Blue Hell."  An unnecessary and unearned Galatasaray ripoff.

MIR, how could you? :frown:

:blush:

I stand by it

Oh well, there were worse things said in early days of the Sporting KC thread.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: December 12, 2013, 08:08:45 PM »

Sporting Kansas City ?@SportingKC 1m
That's right, #SportingKC's @ssinovic @PumaNielsen1 & Kerry Zavagnin will perform in the @kcballet's The Nutcracker @KauffmanCenter #mustsee

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: December 12, 2013, 09:03:27 PM »
sunny, you have a creepy obsession with jimmy nielson

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: December 12, 2013, 09:46:40 PM »
Guessing this page will be updated throughout the offseason: http://www.mlssoccer.com/transactions/2014?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Unpaid

It has all MLS transactions.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6720 on: December 13, 2013, 08:20:10 AM »
hey kim welcome to the thread! oh wait, i guess you've been here before with your incredibly diverse range of opinions:

wow, MLS soccer is terrible

very lame way to win a championship imo

it is unbelievable how bad MLS is

sporting doesn't deserve to win

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6721 on: December 13, 2013, 09:29:49 AM »
Bobby Convey to Red Bulls for a first round pick. Great deal for TFC imo.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6722 on: December 13, 2013, 10:40:02 AM »

:love:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6723 on: December 13, 2013, 01:00:26 PM »
Houston's expansion NWSL team:

:Yuck:
Wow that's pretty terrible. Only works if Stacy Dash pictures are everywhere.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: December 13, 2013, 01:26:25 PM »
“@SportingKC: NEWS: #SportingKC has acquired MF @SalZizzo from @TimbersFC in exchange for allocation money http://bit.ly/1eb4pKc http://twitter.com/SportingKC/status/411571559208202240/photo/1