Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1292807 times)

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2011, 03:38:20 PM »
wtf just happened to mls.  all thse guys should be on the usa roster  :blank:

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2011, 05:09:50 PM »
Goalkeeper wtf.

He used to be KC's #1 GK.  It didn't even look like he was that far out, but you never expect to see a ball from that far away stuck in what looked to be the upper 90 with pace.  Zusi really played a hell of a game.

Thanks for those other goals mcm, amazing stuff this week.

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2011, 04:30:31 PM »
Goalkeeper wtf.

He used to be KC's #1 GK.  It didn't even look like he was that far out, but you never expect to see a ball from that far away stuck in what looked to be the upper 90 with pace.  Zusi really played a hell of a game.

Exactly. I was extremely pumped at Zusi's performance. That guy should be starting on Friday.
[

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2011, 12:53:06 PM »
Sporting KC vs. San Jose Earthquakes tonight at 7:30 on Fox Soccer Channel.  Broadcast of "Soccer Night In America" actually starts at 7.

If they can get a win tonight, they'd still be in a decent position with all the home games coming up.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2011, 01:03:03 PM »
I'll be there.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2011, 02:02:13 PM »
i'll be there as well

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2011, 02:59:19 PM »
i'll be there as well

Ditto. Definitely excited.
[

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2011, 12:16:29 AM »
CJ Sapong needs to play 80+ minutes, our best on the ball striker.
:users:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2011, 01:23:18 AM »

He's playing really well right now, and as young as he is, the ceiling seems pretty high.  I thought Zusi played another good game tonight when he got his chances, but Collin won my man of the match award.  Dude was banging back there all night, too bad he'll miss the next game for yellows.

With these guys stepping up, the team is looking fairly strong with a deep bench.  The big question mark for me is Bravo.  He still doesn't seem to be doing enough (still recovering hopefully?)

Going to be really exciting at LSP if they can continue this run and get back in the playoff race through the home stand.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2011, 10:07:06 AM »
<---------------------------regrets posting in this awful thread
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2011, 10:38:53 PM »
so I'm going to a game this saturday atleast I think thats when it is. is there anything I need to know before going to this?

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2011, 01:20:35 AM »
My bro went to a sweet Peter Gabriel concert at that little arena on Friday.  Turns out it's good for something after all.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2011, 01:42:37 AM »
so I'm going to a game this saturday atleast I think thats when it is. is there anything I need to know before going to this?

parking is kind of weird, just ignore the signs and park in that big mall area and you will be fine. Drinks are quite expensive concessions are decent price. No dip n dots tho. if your are in the GA area no need to get there till 20 minutes before kid and you will still have a good spot. if you have reserved seats nothing too cool happens in the pregame it is a cool place to walk around especially if you appreciate the architecture that is the best North American Soccer Stadium.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2011, 02:15:03 PM »
SKC is rolling.  nice work more than doubling their point total over their last 3 games going from 6 to 13 pts.  :thumbsup:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2011, 02:20:43 PM »
Goalkeeper wtf.

another week another set of amazing goals from MLS

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/929245/warner-quits-fifa-as-bribery-charges-dropped?cc=5901

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2011, 01:27:58 AM »
KC got a point tonight which is pretty solid against the Union who play well at home.  Should be expecting 3 points against Vancouver Saturday since they are 0-5-3 on the road.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2011, 01:20:17 AM »
Don't forget that we're without Omar Bravo right now.

The injuries and away games will definitely put us in a hole.  I just read an article in the KC Star about how Sporting has either the 4th or 5th highest payroll in the MLS so you'd hope they could stay in the race.

Lots of fans calling for Vermes to get fired after tonights game.  Most figured it would happen at the end of year, but at this point, it may help to add excitement and interest if they made a change before the opener.  I'd be happy to see them make a change as long as it isn't a complete nobody.

Vermes needs to go NOW we would be better off picking up Saint Thomas Aquinas' head coach 

You stay the eff away from Craig Ewing.  At least until he doesn't win state some year and gets fired.

Offline Jackie Moon

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2011, 11:41:46 PM »

Sapong played very well in the first half tonight.. All for him starting every game as long as he keeps this form

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2011, 12:16:00 AM »
Sporting wins again 2-1 at Portland and stretches their unbeaten streak to 8 games. 

Check out this goal:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2011-07-02-portland-timbers-vs-sporting-kansas-city/highlights?videoID=16528

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2011, 12:53:49 PM »
sporting won the lottery for 18 year old US U-20 international soony saad. probably solidifies the fact that kc has the most deep and talented forward pool in the league

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2011/07/05/sporting-kansas-city-win-lottery-college-phenom-saad

great news

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2011, 01:02:56 PM »
Excellent news. I didn't know the lottery for him was today.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2011, 11:27:54 AM »
sporting kc is a dumb rough ridin' name.  stupid rough ridin' soccer teams and their dumb ass names.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2011, 11:37:45 AM »
sporting kc is a dumb rough ridin' name.  stupid rough ridin' soccer teams and their dumb ass names.

go build a computer, you racist.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2011, 05:08:02 PM »
one of the sports radio stations was saying the hope to build on the name to include other teams and sports like Rugby and Lacrosse.  That would be cool to have a lot of sports like that in KC.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting