Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1328030 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )
« Reply #17175 on: March 30, 2023, 07:24:31 PM »
Palace releases these practice vids that are just so serene and interesting - no one mic'd up, no music, just the ambient noise. Do all the PL teams put out videos like this?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17176 on: March 31, 2023, 08:13:54 AM »
Wolves need some results. I really like their roster, but they can’t figure out a lineup and I think they still need a striker even though they have several but Jimenez needs to go, he’s cooked imo.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17177 on: March 31, 2023, 08:25:25 AM »
Looks like a cripple fight for 4th place is coming down the stretch. Spurs will almost certainly bottle it.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17178 on: March 31, 2023, 09:08:58 AM »
Palace releases these practice vids that are just so serene and interesting - no one mic'd up, no music, just the ambient noise. Do all the PL teams put out videos like this?

Man U pumps out a lot of video content but I've never seen anything like this.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17179 on: March 31, 2023, 09:09:52 AM »
Looks like a cripple fight for 4th place is coming down the stretch. Spurs will almost certainly bottle it.

almost prefer they do, nothing will change if they finish 4th and levy hangs another banner

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17180 on: April 01, 2023, 01:59:36 PM »
Chelsea   :lol:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... [emoji2] )
« Reply #17181 on: April 01, 2023, 04:17:02 PM »
Watching Man U lose was fun/funny but I think this is funnier because of how much money they spent. I feel legit bad for Felix and Kante though. They don’t deserve this.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Watching Man U lose was fun/funny but I think this is funnier because of how much money they spent. I feel legit bad for Felix and Kante though. They don’t deserve this.

You choose to go to Chelsea, especially Kante taking money from Abramovich, you deserve everything you get.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17183 on: April 01, 2023, 04:23:49 PM »
Wolves somehow salvaged a point after playing about as bad as possible. Nines played well first half and then horribly in the 2nd. Traore still shows flashes but he just doesn’t have any ideas when he gets in to good positions. Too many horrible passes that lead to breaks, so slow and uncreative when they are in possession and their midfield is going to be really tough now that Neves is suspended for 2 games.

They really miss Coady and Dendonker and the Connor Coady loss was particularly egregious as I think they would be safe if he was still with the team.

Hopefully they can hang on but Diego Costa being the guy that creates goals is pretty hard to count on. They need Traore, Neto, Podence, Guedes, Raul or someone to put the ball in the net because right now it is a miracle to score more than once.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... [emoji2] )
« Reply #17184 on: April 01, 2023, 04:24:35 PM »

You choose to go to Chelsea, especially Kante taking money from Abramovich, you deserve everything you get.
Aren’t you an Arsenal fan?

I got confused and thought they were owned by gulf oil. Fair enough, I think saying some billionaires are more ethical than others is like bragging about which circle of hell you are in.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 04:28:44 PM by Kat Kid »

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

I got confused and thought they were owned by gulf oil. Fair enough, I think saying some billionaires are more ethical than others is like bragging about which circle of hell you are in.

I'm not going to defend billionaires, but I do think there is a difference between people like Clark Hunt and Stan Kroenke and those like Roman Abramovich. Saying there is no difference is like saying all heads of state are the same and there is no difference between Vladimir Putin and Emmanuel Macron.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17186 on: April 01, 2023, 04:38:19 PM »

I'm not going to defend billionaires, but I do think there is a difference between people like Clark Hunt and Stan Kroenke and those like Roman Abramovich. Saying there is no difference is like saying all heads of state are the same and there is no difference between Vladimir Putin and Emmanuel Macron.
1) I do think there is a difference
2) I don’t think chelsea ownership now is any worse than arsenal but I concede your point about Kante, I just think there are very few players that even consider that and patting yourself on the back for any of it is a little silly.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17187 on: April 01, 2023, 04:45:08 PM »

2) I don’t think chelsea ownership now is any worse than arsenal but I concede your point about Kante, I just think there are very few players that even consider that and patting yourself on the back for any of it is a little silly.

Ownership at Chelsea right now is no worse than most any other billionaire sports, no doubt. I'm not patting myself on the back about it, but choosing to play for Chelsea right now is a very interesting decision. The club is rudderless and has no direction. They tried to assemble a team by just throwing money around with no thought to how the pieces will fit together. They threw the money around in a way clearly intended to skirt FFP rules. If you are Joao Felix, or let's say Mykhailo Mudryk, these things were very apparent in January when those transfers were agreed. If you don't like the results which were very predictable, then you should have thought twice about what you were signing onto.

And yes my thoughts on this are very strongly influenced by my intense dislike for Chelsea.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17188 on: April 01, 2023, 05:00:29 PM »

Ownership at Chelsea right now is no worse than most any other billionaire sports, no doubt. I'm not patting myself on the back about it, but choosing to play for Chelsea right now is a very interesting decision. The club is rudderless and has no direction. They tried to assemble a team by just throwing money around with no thought to how the pieces will fit together. They threw the money around in a way clearly intended to skirt FFP rules. If you are Joao Felix, or let's say Mykhailo Mudryk, these things were very apparent in January when those transfers were agreed. If you don't like the results which were very predictable, then you should have thought twice about what you were signing onto.

And yes my thoughts on this are very strongly influenced by my intense dislike for Chelsea.
Do players that go out on loan have much say in where they go? Genuinely don’t know.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17189 on: April 02, 2023, 06:21:12 PM »

Do players that go out on loan have much say in where they go? Genuinely don’t know.

Probably technically not, but in reality I'm sure they do. Felix, for example, facilitated the loan to Chelsea by extending his contract with Atletico Madrid.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17192 on: April 05, 2023, 01:31:06 PM »
lol, that can't be real. Lampard gonna coach for a month  :ROFL:

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17193 on: April 05, 2023, 01:46:14 PM »
Tuchel -> Potter -> Lampard in 6 months would be incredible work from the new owner.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17194 on: April 05, 2023, 06:32:22 PM »
That definitely makes Palace seem way less silly lol

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #17195 on: April 05, 2023, 07:56:47 PM »
We beat up West Ham pretty good!

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17196 on: April 09, 2023, 09:58:19 AM »
Crystal! :D

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17197 on: April 09, 2023, 04:46:05 PM »
Wolves definitely benefitted from chelsea's meltdown.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17198 on: April 13, 2023, 09:01:04 PM »
What a colossal pants shitting by the red devils today :curse:

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17199 on: April 14, 2023, 03:14:13 PM »
What a colossal pants shitting by the red devils today :curse:
So frustrating but I will say both goals conceded were unlucky. Malacia should've done better for the first, but it still took a deflection for it to go in. It's more annoying because United should've easily been 3 or 4 up before that. Worst thing to come from yesterday was Martinez going off injured and now being ruled out for the remainder of the season. Hoping this isn't the beginning of top 4 slipping away.