Author Topic: Sam Harvill tonight on PBS Frontline  (Read 7478 times)

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Sam Harvill tonight on PBS Frontline
« on: April 12, 2011, 01:20:34 PM »
Frontline is doing some expose on health risks in H.S. football. From the preview it looks like Harvill will be depicted as a maniac with little disregard for his own well being. TBD whether or not it shows him being awesome at football, but I'm optimistic. Might be worth tuning in for.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/football-high/?utm_campaign=homepage&utm_medium=proglist&utm_source=proglist

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Sam Harvill tonight on PBS Frontline
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 01:23:12 PM »
oh man, I hope he comes off all roided out and freakshow strong and nuts  :drool:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 01:28:28 PM »
oh man, I hope he comes off all roided out and freakshow strong and nuts  :drool:
Yeah, that'd be awesome.  Hopefully there's a segment on him bending a frying pan with his own arms and then eating the pan or something along those lines.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 04:59:59 PM »
Sam can lift the rock that is too big for God to move.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 05:01:43 PM »
someone post recap, thanks
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 06:28:53 PM »
some dude from "trinity" hs has a k-state hat on lifting weights in one of those sample clips.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 06:33:12 PM »
some dude from "trinity" hs has a k-state hat on lifting weights in one of those sample clips.

would be nice if it was Hiva Lutui, Vai's cousin.  That guy is a meatheadesque devastating run blocking 2012 guard prospect. 
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 07:10:01 PM »
Wasn't Morgan Burns from Trinity?

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 07:19:17 PM »

My thoughts were that this was actually footage of Harvill at Shiloh injected into general B-roll clips of weight lifting while the narrator talked about what was going on at Trinity High. The magic of media!

But to be honest I'm completely basing his similar appearance to Harvill off of the beard.  :dunno:

(jfc btw)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 07:44:02 PM »
legitimate question: if you looked like that would you take pictures of yourself like that?

my first thought when i see pictures like that is, "eh, kind of a tool..."   but then i put myself in their shoes... and i just dont know.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 08:17:15 PM »
legitimate question: if you looked like that would you take pictures of yourself like that?

my first thought when i see pictures like that is, "eh, kind of a tool..."   but then i put myself in their shoes... and i just dont know.

I'd prolly have my pants off too

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 08:32:30 PM »
Not going to lie, every time I see the name Harvill I instantly think of Haverhill and it pisses me off. Hope that this kid is good enough to make up for his shitty name.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 08:36:40 PM »
The Ozark Hillbillies?  :lol:

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 09:19:29 PM »
RECAP:

The show obviously focused on health risks that todays bigger, faster, harder hitting H.S. kids endure. I'll just footnote some points of interest.

- No interview conducted with Harvill, but lots of camera time of him looking jacked and wearing various Cats gear. Also occasional footage of him screaming a lot.

- Aside from smearing his face with that black stuff he also wears eye strips with powercats on 'em.

- His family is actually from Missouri and they rent a place in Arkansas so that he can be eligible to play for Shiloh.

- Keihl Frazier showed his giant Rubbermaid bin full of correspondence and scholly offers. Just in the few glimpses they showed you could see how much crap Auburn sent to him. Just heaps of Auburn mail. In the mix was a Purple envelope with a powercat on it. Also a letter from Randy Shannon (whups) and a KU offer.

- Shiloh, despite being the dominant force in Arkansas H.S. football, attempted to match up with Texas giant Trinity High and got blown out of the building 80-20 or something like that. Harvill was carried out on a stretcher with full body cramps and Frazier was shut down. Blatantly showed just how big the talent gap is from Texas to the rest of the country.

- Trinity has or had a 200+ player roster  :surprised: seems ridiculous.

- Ozark Hillbillies

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 09:07:42 AM »
So what's the big deal at Trinity?  Are they implying it is all Nebrasky in the 90's with tons of roids or what?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 09:45:36 AM »
So what's the big deal at Trinity?  Are they implying it is all Nebrasky in the 90's with tons of roids or what?

Tiger blood and cheating.  Lots and lots of cheating.  Do we recruit them?  :pray:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 07:16:10 PM »

My thoughts were that this was actually footage of Harvill at Shiloh injected into general B-roll clips of weight lifting while the narrator talked about what was going on at Trinity High. The magic of media!

But to be honest I'm completely basing his similar appearance to Harvill off of the beard.  :dunno:

(jfc btw)

Are those pecs or tits?  I really cannot decide.

Offline goCats101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 08:57:18 PM »
Anyone else think Sam's face looks a little like Bobby Hill's?

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 09:05:47 PM »
I bet it's hard to bbs while you're smoking rock.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 09:12:11 PM »

Tiger blood and cheating.  Lots and lots of cheating.  Do we recruit them?  :pray:

No.  Absolutely not.  While roids may turn great players into superstars they also turn mediocre high school football players into marginal to mediocre D-1 prospects.  If this Harvill kid is on roids (90% chance), he'll probably never see the field.  At best, he will be backing up Tate Snyder. (1% chance Tate takes roids)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 09:21:04 PM »

(jfc btw)

cross country runner alert

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 09:56:54 AM »

(jfc btw)

cross country runner alert

me?   :lol:

I'm just saying (no homo) there is no definition.