Author Topic: Frank = the upgrade master  (Read 3387 times)

Offline A-Lishious

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Frank = the upgrade master
« on: February 21, 2010, 01:32:08 PM »
Every year, he has managed to upgrade crappy players that are leaving (or being forced to leave...) with better ones.

Last year - get the shazbot! out of here Darren Kent - Welcome on in 5 star Wally Judge. Boom.

Also, shut the shazbot! up you non defense playing skank of a short man Freddie Brown - Hey martavious, come purp it up. Boom again.

This next year is the same dealio.

Granted, Clemente = prolly best pg KSU has had since the 80's so his loss will suck. But Colon? Cripes that guy has been a walking action figure of comedy for four years. He gone.

Oh, whos that replacing him and adding quality depth you say? A 6-10 270lb immigrant of angry? Yea it will take some time for Spria-saurus Rex to get used to BigXII play and yea he might need to get into shape to run in Franks system. But seriously... Boom ... again.

Franks is good. Its also why I have no probs with KSU being a favorite to hit that Final4 next year.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline VGibsonLives

• Fan
  • Old School Purple Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Frank = the upgrade master
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 01:36:32 PM »
Nice.
"I deleted all of my threads.  You guys don't deserve them."   BMW

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 01:38:49 PM »
sock?

seriously though, Freddy and Shane are going to be definite upgrades over Lu and Chris.

Offline A-Lishious

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 01:41:53 PM »
Seriously, sometimes im not sure why I like Frank so much?

Is it because he actually is an awesome array of anger that actually knows how to coach and recruit correctly?

Or is it because he just looks competent because of the near 20 year slate of incompetance that had been KSU Bball...?

I cant decide. But i also dont care.

Frank is my second fave coach and its not close.

Offline canadian_breeze

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 01:47:41 PM »
bill self is a great coach! :grin:

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 02:12:34 PM »

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 02:37:27 PM »
Four year members of the winningest senior class in KSU hoops history: Chris Merriewether & Luis Colon.  A thousand years from now basketball archaeologists will marvel at the wonder and dominant force these two must have been to achieve such a result.  They'll search the dusty basement hallways of buried KSU campus buildings for cave paintings of them.   :popcorn:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 09:18:41 PM »
I'll mis Energy and Lu. They were part of two UT upsets, uk losing in Bramlage, winning a tournament game.

These guys were the foundation of the turnaround

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 09:39:16 PM »
I'll mis Energy and Lu. They were part of two UT upsets, uk losing in Bramlage, winning a tournament game.

Foundation is a really strong word here

Offline A-Lishious

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 09:41:45 PM »

shazbot! those guys... Did the point of this post just fly the shazbot! over your heads like the concept of recruiting over Old Ballz head?

Frank let them stay around kuz they had a purpose
1) Loo = beat the shazbot! out of the other team, rebound when possible, make a putback every game or two.
2) Merri = message sender - he goes in the game and fracks up and it says to everybody that you pissed off your coach enough to yanked for this tard cart.

The frontline will be fracking impressive next year and its all due to Frank.

Starters - Kelly, Judge
Bench = Spri, Sam, Victor.

Thats quality depth where it counts. Not Continually refilling Tyler Hughes's with Darren Kent's over and over in a brutal cycle of Tom Asbury's wetdream.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 09:21:26 AM »
I heart this thread!
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 09:36:08 AM »
A-lish is killing this thread.

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 09:48:18 AM »
amen.  A-Lish, keep up the good work.  Work goes by a-lot faster reading your work. 
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Bookcat

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 12:41:24 PM »
Starters - Kelly, Judge

Asprilla?

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 12:26:09 AM »

shazbot! those guys... Did the point of this post just fly the shazbot! over your heads like the concept of recruiting over Old Ballz head?

Frank let them stay around kuz they had a purpose
1) Loo = beat the shazbot! out of the other team, rebound when possible, make a putback every game or two.
2) Merri = message sender - he goes in the game and fracks up and it says to everybody that you pissed off your coach enough to yanked for this tard cart.

The frontline will be fracking impressive next year and its all due to Frank.

Starters - Kelly, Judge
Bench = Spri, Sam, Victor.

Thats quality depth where it counts. Not Continually refilling Tyler Hughes's with Darren Kent's over and over in a brutal cycle of Tom Asbury's wetdream.
love this

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 01:12:31 PM »
Four year members of the winningest senior class in KSU hoops history: Chris Merriewether & Luis Colon.  A thousand years from now basketball archaeologists will marvel at the wonder and dominant force these two must have been to achieve such a result.  They'll search the dusty basement hallways of buried KSU campus buildings for cave paintings of them.   :popcorn:

total disaster if next yrs senior class isn't the winningest class ever

Offline A-Lishious

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 07:32:31 PM »
Starters - Kelly, Judge

Asprilla?

It would be in the programs best interest if Judge is starting next year. He is more athletic, can run, jump and do alot of basketballey stuff. Fits the transition system that Frank likes better then a true center like Spri-ticus does.

If Judge isnt starting next year, its not a good sign. I dont care how good Spree-Bee is.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 08:05:19 PM »
Starters - Kelly, Judge

Asprilla?

It would be in the programs best interest if Judge is starting next year. He is more athletic, can run, jump and do alot of basketballey stuff. Fits the transition system that Frank likes better then a true center like Spri-ticus does.

If Judge isnt starting next year, its not a good sign. I dont care how good Spree-Bee is.

Freddy will start, IMO.

Offline A-Lishious

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 11:08:36 PM »
Starters - Kelly, Judge

Asprilla?

Freddy will start, IMO.

Just admit it petey... its fun to have this problem...

Have serious arguments about which talented player will start over another talented player... yea... ur having fun.  :driving:

This is all assuming he is as good as advertised...  :dunno: But considering this thread's whole thought, I dont see why he wouldnt be.  :peek: