Author Topic: Between the Lines with BITB  (Read 205325 times)

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines with BITB
« Reply #325 on: March 12, 2013, 10:39:16 AM »
610 mid day has become better than Soren.

Just throwing that out there.

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 12, 2013, 10:42:54 AM »
Not BITB but fat petro has oscar as 8th best coach in big 12

Who are the two that oscar has bested?

TCU & TECH

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 12, 2013, 10:43:57 AM »

Was actually going to post this today. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 12, 2013, 10:44:27 AM »
who is on oppo petro?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 12, 2013, 10:45:50 AM »

Yup. Wish parkins and carrington would take over the afternoon gig. I cant stand "The big show".

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: March 12, 2013, 10:47:27 AM »
I'm over shock jocks. I haven't turned to 610 since crap breath left.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 12, 2013, 10:51:58 AM »

Yup. Wish parkins and carrington would take over the afternoon gig. I cant stand "The big show".

Parkins sucks.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 12, 2013, 10:53:37 AM »
Not BITB but fat petro has oscar as 8th best coach in big 12

When did he say this?  I've heard him say COY should be Self or Weber, with the advantage to Self. 

"I’ve already taken e-mails from KSU fans about my belief that you need to win the conference to win the coach of the year award stance and I’m sure there are many more to come after my choice of Bill Self.  I have no problem with oscar Weber winning the Big XII award or if he ends up winning the AP award as well once the ballots are tallied (I expect him to win it)."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 12, 2013, 10:59:42 AM »

Yeah that is unbearable. That guy from Wisconsin has the worst cadence in the biz. He always pauses in the middle of sentences, and then does not pause in between sentences. It's insufferable. And the other guy sounds like he smokes cigarettes all the time. Jayce Pearson is alright but most of his points seem pretty elementary/shallow.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 12, 2013, 11:00:42 AM »
he and his team have been ranking big 12 coaches for the past hour, also got into the "weber can't recruit" talking point and that he'd be gone in 3 years

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 12, 2013, 11:01:22 AM »
he and his team have been ranking big 12 coaches for the past hour, also got into the "weber can't recruit" talking point and that he'd be gone in 3 years

Again, just making KU fans feel better about the fact that they're splitting it with us...
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 12, 2013, 11:03:10 AM »

Again, just making KU fans feel better about the fact that they're splitting it with us...

Except there is some validity to that point regarding his tenure at Illinois.  How the addition of Lowery on this staff will impact Weber's recruiting is still up in the air though, so it could have a different outcome.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 12, 2013, 11:03:51 AM »

Agree on both points.  Petro isn't too bad when he has a guest on but listening to him banter with those other two dipshits can be painful.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 12, 2013, 11:10:32 AM »
Regardless of which side of the Weber issue you fall, you are a huge dumbass if you think Weber will be gone in 3 yrs now that he won the Big12.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 12, 2013, 11:14:17 AM »
Regardless of which side of the Weber issue you fall, you are a huge dumbass if you think Weber will be gone in 3 yrs now that he won the Big12.

Agreed.  That conference title and this season bought him some extended time. The only way that changes is if there is a total collapse of the program over the next few years or a new AD comes in because Currie went to Texas, and that new AD wants their coach.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 12, 2013, 11:16:07 AM »
It's possible that if Weber does well here another big shot program would take a chance on him. 

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 12, 2013, 11:19:27 AM »
It's possible that if Weber does well here another big shot program would take a chance on him.

Or another SEC bottom feeder.   :dubious:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 12, 2013, 11:21:21 AM »

That isn't very tough to do. I do like Carrington though, Parkins is a dork.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 12, 2013, 11:22:43 AM »

Yeah, this and the new AD route would be the only two feasible ways he isn't here in 3yrs, short of him dying. 

And the New AD route would have to include him failing miserably starting immediately next yr and with Angel, Gip, and Shane, that is't happening. 

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 12, 2013, 11:23:03 AM »

Agreed.  That conference title and this season bought him some extended time. The only way that changes is if there is a total collapse of the program over the next few years or a new AD comes in because Currie went to Texas, and that new AD wants their coach.
As long as Angel is here, oscar will be fine.  When Angel is gone, he will get at least 2 more years, more if he manages to sign a top 100 kid or two.  Even with a new AD I don't see oscar getting fired until 19-20, which means he will be on a second contract.  I guess if Currie moves on before his contract is up it could happen as soon as 17-18 but the goodwill of the championship and oscar's general white, midwesterness will make that tough.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 12, 2013, 11:25:52 AM »

They work.  They are both insightful and don't take themselves overly serious. 

Soren simply can't be wrong, and if he is, he spins the convo slightly so that the crap he spouts becomes somewhat feasible.  He's just a forceful ass in a business that is self described as entertainment.  He is as entertaining as reading a stat sheet that argues with you about everything while condescending you.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 12, 2013, 11:27:21 AM »

As long as Angel is here, oscar will be fine.  When Angel is gone, he will get at least 2 more years, more if he manages to sign a top 100 kid or two.  Even with a new AD I don't see oscar getting fired until 19-20, which means he will be on a second contract.  I guess if Currie moves on before his contract is up it could happen as soon as 17-18 but the goodwill of the championship and oscar's general white, midwesterness will make that tough.

Yep, we are officially in long haul mode, whether we like it or not. 

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 12, 2013, 11:29:40 AM »

They work.  They are both insightful and don't take themselves overly serious. 

Soren simply can't be wrong, and if he is, he spins the convo slightly so that the crap he spouts becomes somewhat feasible.  He's just a forceful ass in a business that is self described as entertainment.  He is as entertaining as reading a stat sheet that argues with you about everything while condescending you.

this is what annoys me the most about him.  I do like some of the segments he does and you can tell he actually tries to put some research into what he is saying, even if it is wrong so I can appreciate that.  Danny and Carrington seem to have fun on their show and for me that makes a more enjoyable listen.  The black bucket list that Carrington made Danny do was hilarious to me.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 12, 2013, 11:30:29 AM »

Yep, we are officially in long haul mode, whether we like it or not.
I am seriously going to find a program that can autotune oscar's interviews and radio show - especially now that Trim is dead.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 12, 2013, 11:53:34 AM »

Or another SEC bottom feeder.   :dubious:

oscar will either get fired here or retire here.