Author Topic: Morris Twins break out of handcuffs, almost out of Bill's grasp  (Read 20452 times)

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
610SportsKC 610 Sports Radio- KC
Per Yahoo sports: Agent Jason Martin appears close to signing Morris twins of Kansas, source said. Morris twins met with Martin on Wed.
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Morris Twins break out of handcuffs, almost out of Bill's grasp
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 12:26:29 PM »
WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING THOMAS?  GET BACK HERE!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 12:30:05 PM »
Will they leave Josh?  Is it too late for him?   :ohno:

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 12:37:47 PM »
Self will probably have a bison of Thomas's dead mother proclaiming her intent for him to remain with bill, or there might be a last minute proclamation that it was bill who snuck out of the Morris shack out back years ago

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 12:49:05 PM »
Rumors afoot in Tuck Land that new Escalades are on the horizon for both.

That could be business as usual in Compton Land, or they could be moving on.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 12:51:03 PM »
Self will probably have a bison of Thomas's dead mother.

yes.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 01:04:55 PM »
Those BOYS need to stay in Kansas, after we provided them FOOD AND SHELTER. How dare they MOVE NORTH to provide themselves A BETTER LIFE.  :opcat:
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 01:22:05 PM »
Even KU students are starting to question Masta Seff's motives.

How do Bill Self and Danny Manning tell their star players to stick around for one more year when an opportunity for their dreams to come true lurks just ahead of them?

The Morris twins would be crazy to come back for their senior year.

http://www.kansan.com/news/2011/mar/31/twins-draft/

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 01:26:39 PM »
What's sickening is the typical bandwagon KU fans are praying for an NBA lockout.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 01:58:03 PM »
What's sickening is the typical bandwagon KU fans are praying for an NBA lockout.

Meh.  I'd be praying for an NBA lockout too.  Who gives a eff about the NBA if it helps my q@s?
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 02:01:39 PM »

Meh.  I'd be praying for an NBA lockout too.  Who gives a eff about the NBA if it helps my q@s?

I saw frank chew some old shirt tuck's ass once for saying something similar about bill walker needing to stay another year.  was pretty hilarious. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 02:05:27 PM »

lawrenceville lockin.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 06:52:27 PM »

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 07:01:51 PM »
Probably the most ridiculous of many similar comments on an LJWorld story on Robinson's decision. Christ a deluded fan base.

drgnslayr  (anonymous)  says…

If I was looking at Thomas without knowing of some of his personal situation I'd think he should return.

Upscale?

Will he continue to improve as a Jayhawk?

That's a no-brainer. He improved dramatically this year (from last) and we can all make a list of areas where he should improve for next year, and will, if he returns.

Will his stock go up or down if he stays another year?

As long as he stays healthy, how can his stock do anything but go up?! He's bound to improve his FT%... and help his stat line by developing more. Plus... and this is a big plus, he is bound to earn more playing minutes next year. That will dramatically help his stat line and get him so much more attention. Even if the twins stay, Thomas will earn more minutes because every year he gains in value to the twins. The gap is reduced and he will be counted on for more production... more minutes.

It is pretty difficult to sort out his personal life without being him. I've heard Jayla will move to Lawrence, but I'm not certain that is fact. If Jayla moves to Lawrence and is adopted by Angel, I would expect Thomas and the twins to stay for their senior year. It would seem to offer the most stable family situation for both families.

The only thing waiting in the NBA is money. Everything else is a complete hassle. There is no way any of these players will beat the quality of life they have right now at Kansas, and being BMOC.

In general, I don't agree with guys jumping early, except for just a few exceptions.... Kevin Durant... Derrick Rose... But most should return and take their chances. There is more to life than cashing in on a short run. What about education?

Many of these guys come from a rough neighborhood and they would prefer not returning to that neighborhood. Going NBA there is no guarantee they won't do the full circle. Gaining a college education offers a much safer, more reliable path that stays clear of the old neighborhoods.

We tend to look at these players like a piece of meat. Are their bodies ready for the NBA? Are their playing skills developed enough? Well what about their intellectual development? How many of these OADs go on to have the good life (even if they make some big money)?

I bet Danny Manning is happy he finished at KU and earned his degree... he made it well in the NBA and has set himself up well. Most of that happened beyond the question "is his body ready for the NBA?"

Without knowing more I suggest Thomas, the twins, Josh, TT should stay for their own good.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 07:03:49 PM »
SHE'S HERE NOW THOMAS! SHE'S HERE UNTIL I SAY SHE'S NOT!

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 07:06:12 PM »

They've been gone for a year?  :runaway:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 07:14:50 PM »

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 07:27:56 PM »

TRobs sister after the Massa makes TRob return for '11-'12...the season in which he tragically breaks his foot, forever ruining any chance of being drafted into the National Basketball Association.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 07:36:13 PM »

TRobs sister after the Massa makes TRob return for '11-'12...the season in which he tragically breaks his foot, forever ruining any chance of being drafted into the National Basketball Association.

hey, that nice family that is adopting her will find something for her to do around the house
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:49:08 PM by steve dave »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 07:45:33 PM »
Selby telling high school friends he wants out if Lawrence, but he's scared to.

Offline goCats101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 07:52:56 PM »
Probably the most ridiculous of many similar comments on an LJWorld story on Robinson's decision. Christ a deluded fan base.

drgnslayr  (anonymous)  says…

If I was looking at Thomas without knowing of some of his personal situation I'd think he should return.

Upscale?

That's a no-brainer. He improved dramatically this year (from last) and we can all make a list of areas where he should improve for next year, and will, if he returns.

As long as he stays healthy, how can his stock do anything but go up?! He's bound to improve his FT%... and help his stat line by developing more. Plus... and this is a big plus, he is bound to earn more playing minutes next year. That will dramatically help his stat line and get him so much more attention. Even if the twins stay, Thomas will earn more minutes because every year he gains in value to the twins. The gap is reduced and he will be counted on for more production... more minutes.

It is pretty difficult to sort out his personal life without being him. I've heard Jayla will move to Lawrence, but I'm not certain that is fact. If Jayla moves to Lawrence and is adopted by Angel, I would expect Thomas and the twins to stay for their senior year. It would seem to offer the most stable family situation for both families.

The only thing waiting in the NBA is money. Everything else is a complete hassle. There is no way any of these players will beat the quality of life they have right now at Kansas, and being BMOC.

In general, I don't agree with guys jumping early, except for just a few exceptions.... Kevin Durant... Derrick Rose... But most should return and take their chances. There is more to life than cashing in on a short run. What about education?

Many of these guys come from a rough neighborhood and they would prefer not returning to that neighborhood. Going NBA there is no guarantee they won't do the full circle. Gaining a college education offers a much safer, more reliable path that stays clear of the old neighborhoods.

We tend to look at these players like a piece of meat. Are their bodies ready for the NBA? Are their playing skills developed enough? Well what about their intellectual development? How many of these OADs go on to have the good life (even if they make some big money)?

I bet Danny Manning is happy he finished at KU and earned his degree... he made it well in the NBA and has set himself up well. Most of that happened beyond the question "is his body ready for the NBA?"

Without knowing more I suggest Thomas, the twins, Josh, TT should stay for their own good.
:lol:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 07:53:42 PM »

drgnslayr  (anonymous)  says…

Upscale?

there is nothing funny about that

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 07:59:53 PM »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 12:37:58 AM »

drgnslayr  (anonymous)  says…

Upscale?

there is nothing funny about that

it never ceases to amaze me how many BHKUFs have never seen an NBA game yet offer their commentary on it

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2011, 01:09:06 AM »
My favorite part is when someone mentions getting an education. Do these people realize that it is pretty to afford college when you have millions of dollars?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.