Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 893383 times)

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #276 on: April 01, 2011, 02:11:33 PM »
yeah, capel scares me more than kruger. (recruiting)

following tmg and gallon, rumors had tx aau coaches as capel hating.

well, buzz would scare me more, then.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 01, 2011, 02:13:48 PM »
well, buzz would scare me more, then.

yeah, he would have been a monster.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 01, 2011, 02:14:57 PM »
http://www.lvrj.com/sports/lon-gone-kruger-accepts-oklahoma-offer-119076989.html

(Don't care if that's been posted already, I didn't see it and that's all that matters)

Maybe Frank and Lon can try and out recruit each other on the "right fit 3 star trail to mediocrity".

I just hope that Frank finds a way to get more Pullen 3 star types than Nick Russell 3 star types.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 01, 2011, 02:19:19 PM »
Kruger + OU = Anderson + MU - extended family ties - fabricated home court advantage

again: meh.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 01, 2011, 02:20:03 PM »
:deadhorse:

Offline SoonerHoopsfan

• Land Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 01, 2011, 02:30:26 PM »
I am going to get Eddie Sutton, piss on an school wall drunk tonight to celebrate this ish.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 01, 2011, 02:34:37 PM »
i can't see lon krueger helping with attendance much.  lloyd noble will still be pretty empty until they get results.

Offline econocat

• Fan
  • The father of Economics
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 01, 2011, 02:34:51 PM »
Gonna be some culture shock going from Las Vegas to Norman Oklahoma  :eek:
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone." — John Maynard Keynes

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 01, 2011, 02:37:31 PM »
I am going to get Eddie Sutton, piss on an school wall drunk tonight to celebrate this ish.

There is a growing contingent of ku fans, Sayers among them, who are preparing to award OU the 1988 National Title because it was the better team, so, things are really going well for SoonerHoopsfan this week.

Offline SoonerHoopsfan

• Land Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 01, 2011, 02:40:26 PM »
i can't see lon krueger helping with attendance much.  lloyd noble will still be pretty empty until they get results.
But there is a rough ridin' chance OU can win some goddamn games now. last two years I went into many games in big 12 expecting to fuckign lose and get thrown into a sink by mario little.

Also its not like OU will ever have great attendance again, being a football school + thunder up the road = eff that.

Limestone are you trying to make me jizz my pants? 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 01, 2011, 02:41:40 PM »
I'm dead serious.  "Danny and the Miracles" were a huge cinderella and certianly didn't win the right way.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 01, 2011, 02:41:45 PM »
SHF . . . please send/post video of your night tonight

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 01, 2011, 02:42:51 PM »
I'm dead serious.  "Danny and the Miracles" were a huge cinderella and certianly didn't win the right way.

Can you expand on this Stony . . . is this a Sayersism??

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 01, 2011, 02:46:39 PM »

Check the thread where Pete's deep sea rod got busted.

Offline SoonerHoopsfan

• Land Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 01, 2011, 02:47:27 PM »
I rough ridin' hate Danny Manning with a burning passion, that was OU's goddamn national title.  eff you Danny Manning, eff you.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 01, 2011, 02:58:16 PM »

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=12304.35

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 01, 2011, 02:58:55 PM »
I'm dead serious.  "Danny and the Miracles" were a huge cinderella and certianly didn't win the right way.

:ck:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 01, 2011, 03:03:04 PM »

:ck:

Irrelevant. Like I said, a National Champion should have some sort of body of work that they can rest their laurels on. 35 wins and a 7th consecutive conference title is a body of work. Even 11 losses in a big boy conference back in 88 was above average. I guess that kitty team wasn't that good that year?

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

catzacker

« Reply #295 on: April 01, 2011, 03:04:48 PM »
jfc.  take his jersey out of the rafters.  that guy has done nothing but F ksu in the A.  Hey Lon, EMAS.  jerkstore.

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 01, 2011, 04:17:41 PM »
http://www.ktul.com/Global/story.asp?S=14367618

Kruger Tells TV Station He's Staying In Vegas

Despite reports that UNLV's Lon Kruger is to become the next head coach at the University of Oklahoma, a television station in Las Vegas says they just spoke with the coach and he says he's staying put.

The reports came hot and heavy this afternoon that Kruger -- who just led the Runnin' Rebels to their fourth NCAA Tournament appearance in his seven seasons -- would become the next head coach at OU and some even saying the deal was worth two million dollars a year for seven years.

But, Chris Maathuis at KLAS-TV in Las Vegas reports he spoke with Kruger and that he said he is staying at UNLV.

There has been no word out of Norman on the reports and so far, the only person who has interviewed for the job is Terry Evans, a former OU player and current head coach at the University of Central Oklahoma.

The report could be just the latest one to have OU nabbing a head coach only to have it be debunked. Earlier this week, reports had Illinois head coach Brucer Weber being the guy, only to have him announce he was staying with the Illini.

Others whose names have been linked to the OU job include Memphis Josh Pastner, Marquette's Buzz Williams and even Virginia Commonwealth's Shaka Smart, whose Rams play in the Final Four tomorrow night.

Kruger began his head coaching career in 1982 at Texas-Pan American, taking the Broncs to a 20-8 record in his final season before taking the head coaching job at his alma mater, Kansas State.

There, he guided the Wildcats to an Elite 8 appearance in his second season.

Kruger would go on to coach at Florida, reaching the Final Four in 1994 and later on to Illinois, where his Fighting Illini teams made the NCAA Tournament in three of four seasons.

He also coached the NBA's Atlanta Hawks from 2000 to 2003 and was an assistant with the Knicks in 2003-04 before jumping back into the collegiate ranks at UNLV in 2004-05.

In seven seasons, UNLV won nearly 70-percent of the games he coached and the Runnin' Rebels made the tournament four times, including a Sweet 16 appearance in 2007.

This season, UNLV suffered a first round loss to Illinois here at Tulsa's BOK Center.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 01, 2011, 04:22:17 PM »
http://www.ktul.com/Global/story.asp?S=14367618

Kruger Tells TV Station He's Staying In Vegas

Despite reports that UNLV's Lon Kruger is to become the next head coach at the University of Oklahoma, a television station in Las Vegas says they just spoke with the coach and he says he's staying put.

The reports came hot and heavy this afternoon that Kruger -- who just led the Runnin' Rebels to their fourth NCAA Tournament appearance in his seven seasons -- would become the next head coach at OU and some even saying the deal was worth two million dollars a year for seven years.

But, Chris Maathuis at KLAS-TV in Las Vegas reports he spoke with Kruger and that he said he is staying at UNLV.

There has been no word out of Norman on the reports and so far, the only person who has interviewed for the job is Terry Evans, a former OU player and current head coach at the University of Central Oklahoma.

The report could be just the latest one to have OU nabbing a head coach only to have it be debunked. Earlier this week, reports had Illinois head coach Brucer Weber being the guy, only to have him announce he was staying with the Illini.

Others whose names have been linked to the OU job include Memphis Josh Pastner, Marquette's Buzz Williams and even Virginia Commonwealth's Shaka Smart, whose Rams play in the Final Four tomorrow night.

Kruger began his head coaching career in 1982 at Texas-Pan American, taking the Broncs to a 20-8 record in his final season before taking the head coaching job at his alma mater, Kansas State.

There, he guided the Wildcats to an Elite 8 appearance in his second season.

Kruger would go on to coach at Florida, reaching the Final Four in 1994 and later on to Illinois, where his Fighting Illini teams made the NCAA Tournament in three of four seasons.

He also coached the NBA's Atlanta Hawks from 2000 to 2003 and was an assistant with the Knicks in 2003-04 before jumping back into the collegiate ranks at UNLV in 2004-05.

In seven seasons, UNLV won nearly 70-percent of the games he coached and the Runnin' Rebels made the tournament four times, including a Sweet 16 appearance in 2007.

This season, UNLV suffered a first round loss to Illinois here at Tulsa's BOK Center.

:horrorsurprise:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 01, 2011, 04:34:35 PM »
Great April Fool's prank by OU.

Offline SoonerHoopsfan

• Land Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 01, 2011, 04:39:32 PM »
[redacted], I am going to keep drinking though.  That way it wont matter either way.