Author Topic: KU Facebook, Twitter, screen shots, etc. - The VCU Aftermath  (Read 31551 times)

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
Re: KU Facebook, Twitter, screen shots, etc. - The VCU Aftermath
« Reply #175 on: March 29, 2011, 04:20:06 PM »
is that McDermott's kid?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 30, 2011, 07:39:23 AM »
Being a K-state/KU (K-state first) fan at the same time I've found that K-state fans unfortunately, are far more ignorant and annoying when the rival team's name is even mentioned..... I'd sooner have seen KSU done better than KU in the tourney but yet they still insist on knocking me for even daring to like KU. Whatever though, I guess I'm forbidden to like more than one team.

Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 30, 2011, 08:34:27 AM »
Being a K-state/KU (K-state first) fan at the same time I've found that K-state fans unfortunately, are far more ignorant and annoying when the rival team's name is even mentioned..... I'd sooner have seen KSU done better than KU in the tourney but yet they still insist on knocking me for even daring to like KU. Whatever though, I guess I'm forbidden to like more than one team.

i want to know who this person is so i can murder them with a gun

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 30, 2011, 08:39:58 AM »

worldwideballa

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 30, 2011, 08:56:51 AM »

worldwideballa
what a stupid rough ridin' name

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2011, 09:01:02 AM »

probably not worth your time and energy.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2011, 12:12:06 PM »
Not a Facebook Status, but a ku fan violence note:

A buddy called to tell me that one of his neighbors (bandwagon type, ku license plate, big ol' jayhawk sticker) tossed one of his chairs through the sliding glass door and could be heard verbally chastising Seff and team during the final 10 minutes of the game.   Apparently law enforcement was called . . . he fled the scene.

Like the cops won't know where to find him later...hope the woman of the house is OK given ku fans' inclination to mimic team players.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 30, 2011, 09:07:40 PM »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 31, 2011, 05:21:54 PM »
had to share this gem from facebook.  what was the percentage of 3 point shots ku hit again?

I agree that KU had the easiest path (on paper), and in years past, most cinderellas were disposed of before the Final Four. But now that players from major programs are leaving early for the NBA, you're gonna see mid-majors competing with the likes of KU, UNC, and others on a regular basis. I think it might get to the point where the power conferences are going to set up their own tourney to deal with the parity. One change I think would help the game is to use the NBA 3 point line in college. I think it's become too much of a factor, and it's too easy for a team, such as VCU, to use it to its benefit when they have nothing else.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 31, 2011, 05:48:00 PM »
I think it might get to the point where the power conferences are going to set up their own tourney to deal with the parity.

That's awesome on so many levels.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 31, 2011, 06:04:32 PM »
I think it might get to the point where the power conferences are going to set up their own tourney to deal with the parity.

Try repeating that to yourself three times without bashing your head into a wall.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #186 on: March 31, 2011, 07:04:17 PM »

This may be the most amazing EMAJ quote I've ever seen.  You're right; it fits on so many different levels.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 31, 2011, 08:42:28 PM »
the butthurt has lasted almost a week now and the hits just keep on coming.

should we get rid of the shot clock too?
The 3 point line rewards teams who don't have an inside game, or the athletes to get to the bucket. Hell, it even rewards teams who don't have much of an offense. If you get hot and stand around shooting 3's, is that really indicative of ...who the better team is? KU went cold for sure, but VCU was equally as hot, hitting 12 of 25 3's. Not saying it would have changed the outcome, but I think the 3 is far too easy of a shot. If you moved it back, teams wouldn't be shooting or making as many of them, so it would force teams to play inside the arc and it would put more importance on running an offense, which basketball should be about. It shouldn't be about playing HORSE. KU might even lose more games if this were to happen, but I think it would be better overall for the game

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 31, 2011, 08:46:52 PM »
the butthurt has lasted almost a week now and the hits just keep on coming.

should we get rid of the shot clock too?
The 3 point line rewards teams who don't have an inside game, or the athletes to get to the bucket. Hell, it even rewards teams who don't have much of an offense. If you get hot and stand around shooting 3's, is that really indicative of ...who the better team is? KU went cold for sure, but VCU was equally as hot, hitting 12 of 25 3's. Not saying it would have changed the outcome, but I think the 3 is far too easy of a shot. If you moved it back, teams wouldn't be shooting or making as many of them, so it would force teams to play inside the arc and it would put more importance on running an offense, which basketball should be about. It shouldn't be about playing HORSE. KU might even lose more games if this were to happen, but I think it would be better overall for the game

Let's get rid of the free throw line and the backboard too

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2011, 05:02:39 AM »
I don't understand why people are not appalled that VCU and Butler were even allowed to compete for a National Title

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 01, 2011, 06:11:02 PM »
:adios: