Author Topic: WTF, ref? How about giving the state of Kansas a call??!!??  (Read 31844 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: WTF, ref? How about giving the state of Kansas a call??!!??
« Reply #225 on: March 27, 2011, 07:26:52 PM »
fr doing some work in here

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 27, 2011, 07:27:35 PM »
Just think about it.

The refs are paid by the NCAA.  The NCAA allowed the Cinderella into the dance.  There was a major stink about them making the tournament.  Now.. where and do you think the bad calls came from and why?

Yeah. Exactly.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 27, 2011, 07:28:33 PM »
Does KU hang a last #1 seed/should've won banner? Could be just like a Helms title

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 27, 2011, 07:32:56 PM »
Bill Self = Marty Shottenheimer(SP) :dunno:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 27, 2011, 07:34:29 PM »
Ok well if you're not frustrated you are a robot. A rough ridin' ROBOT! There is no excuse losing to these types of teams every year. NO EXCUSE! if you have no emotion you might as well be an OU fan in basketball.  For an elite program we needed another title this year. Another missed opportunity in a cake walk bracket. Sorry just the way I'm feeling and entitled to my opinion.

PS: Born and raised in Kansas went to school there and cage camps all my life......hardly a bandwagon fan.

PPS: CAGE CAMPS ALL MY LIFE! ALL OF IT!!!
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 27, 2011, 07:36:55 PM »
MEMO TO KANSANS "CELEBRATING" A "GOOD" SEASON:

Get back to me when you have higher expectations then mediocrity. Where are you from Missouri?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 27, 2011, 07:37:56 PM »
MEMO TO KANSANS "CELEBRATING" A "GOOD" SEASON:

Get back to me when you have higher expectations then mediocrity. Where are you from Missouri?

ADDENDUM:

Your stupidity is settling for mediocrity and accepting runner up status as success when a team with potentially 5 NBA players two years in a row can't even make it to the final four much less a NCAA championship.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 27, 2011, 07:40:53 PM »
Oh, and just for the record, let me say that "Cinderella" is a really a dirty little whore. The way the networks treat the upsets now, almost pleading and begging for them to happen. Storyline after storyline after storyline that talks about the underdog. The rants of announcers, studio people and everyone associated with the tournament when an underdog takes a lead early in a game they can't wait to begin using the word "upset" . I find it all to be very entertaining.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 27, 2011, 07:54:41 PM »
This guy loves the rams

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 27, 2011, 08:17:34 PM »
"vcu playing thug defense "

:lol:

See, the Moron twins didn't throw ENOUGH elbows.

Offline Cackle

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 27, 2011, 08:19:06 PM »
first was  :ck: at the thread then I got it and now :cheers:

superb
:bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse:

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 27, 2011, 08:25:57 PM »
This guy loves the rams

Is Leonardo wearing a purple jacket?

:excited:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 27, 2011, 08:29:14 PM »
Humiliating. The state of Kansas has turned into Mizzou.  Accepting Failure and vaildating excuses..

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 27, 2011, 08:36:43 PM »
What's that, state of Kansas? "You'll take it?" You'll take bashing a weak Big XII conference and then flopping out against an 11 seed? I've never heard acceptance of such mediocrity since talking to MU fans.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 27, 2011, 08:37:42 PM »
It's a joke! What an awful Final Four! Regular Season doesn't mean much when you have a Final Four that includes a 9th place Big East team with 9 losses, a 3rd place SEC team with 8 losses, a Butler team that tied for it's conf. with 2 other teams and has 9 losses and a VCU team that finished 4th in the freaking Colonial and has 11 losses....that's 37 losses for the final four teams. Makes me question myself on what the regular season really means? Seeding in the NCAA's? Doesn't seem like that really matters much- at least it didn't to these teams.

Go Hawks!

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 27, 2011, 08:38:57 PM »
I have to be honest. I love college bball and am interested beyond just KU games, and I think this is the first time in the last 20 years that I may not watch the Final Four. I'm a little intrigued by VCU-Butler, but I'm not sure I can take it seriously knowing that the four remaining teams were nowhere near the four best teams all year.

And this isn't sour grapes; I wasn't all that interested in 2006's Final Four except to see if Mason could pull it off.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 27, 2011, 08:43:51 PM »
Thug ball is great for dominating the creampuff teams like KState, Mizzou and the pathetic big 12.

But when the game gets turned up a notch. Thug ball falls short more often than not.

No need to argue, the Morris twins throw great elbows and Selby has a nice strut. But I would rather have a Kirk or Nick.

:surprised:  :opcat:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 27, 2011, 08:47:38 PM »
Thug ball is great for dominating the creampuff teams like KState, Mizzou and the pathetic big 12.

But when the game gets turned up a notch. Thug ball falls short more often than not.

No need to argue, the Morris twins throw great elbows and Selby has a nice strut. But I would rather have a Kirk or Nick.

:horrorsurprise:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 27, 2011, 08:53:26 PM »
I have to be honest. I love college bball and am interested beyond just KU games, and I think this is the first time in the last 20 years that I may not watch the Final Four. I'm a little intrigued by VCU-Butler, but I'm not sure I can take it seriously knowing that the four remaining teams were nowhere near the four best teams all year.

And this isn't sour grapes; I wasn't all that interested in 2006's Final Four except to see if Mason could pull it off.

Jesus this is dead on.  I'm the same way, I admit it.  Cats lost, I'm out.  So many KU fans THINK they are big "college basketball fans," but in truth as soon as KU is out, they turn off the TV.  It natural.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 27, 2011, 08:53:49 PM »

creampuff=one of their 3 losses that was caused by the refs...not the elbows.

good god phog.net is pure hilarity. Their fanbase is the most undeserving of KU's elite regular season romp I've ever seen. Yeah, fire you effing coach for going 34-3 you effing dumbasses.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 27, 2011, 08:57:25 PM »

Jesus this is dead on.  I'm the same way, I admit it.  Cats lost, I'm out.  So many KU fans THINK they are big "college basketball fans," but in truth as soon as KU is out, they turn off the TV.  It natural.

I know. And like I said, absolutely NOT sour grapes. Just makes me sad to see college basketball's biggest event watered down by inferior blood lines.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 27, 2011, 09:04:39 PM »

I know. And like I said, absolutely NOT sour grapes. Just makes me sad to see college basketball's biggest event watered down by inferior blood lines.

Come Draco, we've got luxury seats here at the Phog.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 27, 2011, 09:05:30 PM »
This guy loves the rams

Is Leonardo wearing a purple jacket?

:excited:

Has his own little Pullen beard

:love:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 27, 2011, 09:10:19 PM »
rough ridin' Leo. :love:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 27, 2011, 09:25:15 PM »
And can it with Shaka Smart love. If having a high BB IQ means getting called for all sorts of fouls early, getting beat early, yelling at the refs, telling your players to beat people up on defense, getting a T when the refs stop giving you the game, hitting a ridiculous amount of piss poor shots, and still almost losing, then have fun with that style of play.

Shaka Smart thugged it up in the truest sense of the word.  He whined every time he didn't get what he wanted, he whined when they actually called his team for the god ridiculous amount of fouls they committed, he whined when we went on a run, and it finally paid off.  His team should be ashamed ASHAMED! of how they got that game, but probably not.  They used what they could, including playing the refs and playing the contact and playing the "good, small, classy vs big meany" card to brutal execution against our bigs.