Author Topic: KU thuggery before the start of the game  (Read 19529 times)

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: KU thuggery before the start of the game
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2011, 10:13:17 PM »
Not Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), just getting older with a better perspective on things.  Once upon a time, I wouldn't have cared how my team acted and would just take the wins.  I now realize there is a bigger picture here.  My guess is that Vinnie Testaverde is now embarrassed by the picture above and some of the stupid crap they did.

Offline Three Fingers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2011, 10:17:49 PM »
Laurie Koehn is shooting 98% from the line in Europe.  Think about that.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2011, 10:18:40 PM »
 :flush:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Three Fingers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2011, 10:22:30 PM »
Seriously.  A lot of people get jitters at the line, but not LK. Ice water.  Veins.  Ice water in his veins.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2011, 11:38:49 PM »
I love the double standard of powerespect nation.  When it's a K-State athlete, they're labeled "junkyard cats," and the term "MCMW" is tossed around like a hot potato.  When it's a KU athlete, they're labeled "thugs," and basically every word besides "n*****."

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2011, 11:41:22 PM »
I love the double standard of powerespect nation.  When it's a K-State athlete, they're labeled "junkyard cats," and the term "MCMW" is tossed around like a hot potato.  When it's a KU athlete, they're labeled "thugs," and basically every word besides "n*****."

Because ksu players are adorable, ku players are extremely ugly.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2011, 11:45:42 PM »
I love the double standard of powerespect nation.  When it's a K-State athlete, they're labeled "junkyard cats," and the term "MCMW" is tossed around like a hot potato.  When it's a KU athlete, they're labeled "thugs," and basically every word besides "n*****."

Very  :opcat: .  But if you're referring to actual thugs, you guys have the "MCMW" thing pinned down - we only wish we could claim it.  Confused as to whether you hate black people or just KSU.

Offline gokatgo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2011, 12:08:18 AM »

Yes, because fighting for a rebound and fighting in the tunnel are the same thing.

:blah:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2011, 12:16:31 AM »
I love the double standard of powerespect nation.  When it's a K-State athlete, they're labeled "junkyard cats," and the term "MCMW" is tossed around like a hot potato.  When it's a KU athlete, they're labeled "thugs," and basically every word besides "n*****."

Yes, because fighting for a rebound and fighting in the tunnel are the same thing.

:blah:

Yeah Beems is way off base here. Totally different ball park. I can't think of any curren't EMAWs that have beat their girl friend, raped a girl in an elevator, not graduated high school...etc.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2011, 12:29:22 AM »
And of course Smellinger is jizzing all over this

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/03/25/2753892/kus-smack-talk-has-a-purpose.html#ixzz1Hg86bF5N

EDIT:

From the comments

KU had the right-of-way in that tunnel. note to VCU - know your place.

who do these tards think they are? I mean after all it's just a game...

Note to KU fans: This is why people laugh at you and love to cheer against you.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 12:36:12 AM by pike »

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2011, 02:59:07 AM »
KU had the right-of-way in that tunnel. note to VCU - know your place.

The funny thing is, it was probably written by the typical KU fan, which is to say someone who didn't go to college or just a community college. That post was written by someone who's place is no doubt bagging groceries.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2011, 03:20:10 AM »

Look, I respect the bbs'n that you're doing here, so feel free to keep reelin' em in, but at least have the decency to differentiate between powertards and goEMAWtards. When you get the two mixed up, it cuts deep.

T-Y,

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2011, 03:22:24 AM »
also what's with the uptick in shitposters coming here lately? i mean from both fanbases

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2011, 07:46:55 AM »
Ben it's OK to be embarrassed.  There is no way that you aren't.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2011, 08:00:14 AM »
Someone just told me that Morningstar was literally barking (I guess like a spider) in the face of the guy guarding him every time he scored. If so, that's hilarious.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2011, 08:04:27 AM »
ku fan explaining the team's behavior

@ryanjoerger Really? you have no? respect at all. You? know his Mom died earlier in the season?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2011, 08:13:00 AM »
ku fan explaining the team's behavior

@ryanjoerger Really? you have no? respect at all. You? know his Mom died earlier in the season?

It's the KU AD's fault for not publicizing that more. How could have casual basketball fans have known this? I mean, I assumed some lack of basic parenting just from his childish antics. But I didn't know the details.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2011, 08:32:53 AM »
1. meh.  I could justify the tunnel stuff away in less than a second if Lu did it, etc.

2. the tunnel right-of-way thing is interesting.  KU rushed ahead of us at the OOD this  year.  We had the entrance program all going and right at the point where we are supposed to come out, they rushed out.  Could see it in the camera.  They literally cut right in front of our players in the tunnel.  Makes me thing that doing crap like this in the tunnel is some pre-game strategy that they use to get in heads.  If so, it is actually pretty brilliant.  That said, it is also pretty disrespectful on Bill's part, because I am 100% sure that it wouldn't be a Morris organized/timed thing.  I am def not one to bitch about disrespectful acts during high level sport games, but it is funny to me the play that Drew got last year for not keeping his kids on court to watch the overly loud KU history video, but no one says crap about KU pulling similarly ridic stuff in the tunnel.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2011, 08:52:48 AM »
It makes KU more interesting IMO. That Elijah Johnson quote was hilarious. I want to see them fully embrace the WWW-esque cartoonish villainy.

I mean, a week ago, if you offered me the Morris twins versus the field on who would be the first KU player to start a fight or get a warning/technical, that would have been a great bet. But now, with the emergence of Barkingstar and Thomas Momless-son, they're just so deep.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2011, 09:59:04 AM »
GCJayhawk,

Are you from Garden City, KS?

Originally yes I am

Offline Cackle

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2011, 10:16:42 AM »
GCJayhawk,

Originally yes I am
i am so sorry
:bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse:

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2011, 10:29:33 AM »
GCJayhawk,

Originally yes I am
i am so sorry

It wasn't that bad of a place to grow up, but thanks for your condolences

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2011, 10:37:12 AM »
Is it true that Richmond was actually doing their pre-game :pray:when this happened?  That they had even just got done praying for the KU team and that nobody come out of the game with an injury?  Beezselfbub and his misfits strike again..
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2011, 10:40:13 AM »
Remember when Bandwagonville got all pissed off because Drew took his team back in the "tunnel" when ku was going through all their pre-game theatrics?

I guess if basketball is all you've got to keep your self esteem up you fully support such thuggery. 

Sad . . . really.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2011, 10:57:12 AM »
They are so dirty.   Love it