Author Topic: KU thuggery before the start of the game  (Read 19718 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: KU thuggery before the start of the game
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2011, 08:41:42 AM »
I'll be honest--I attend KU and I am proud of its academic reputation (that is not to say I am under the impression KSU and KU are significantly different or anything). However, unlike most of my peers, I have no misconceptions about the character of some of the players on our basketball team. I cheer for them to win and all only because they represent my university, but as individuals, I can't help but dislike those with  history of transgressions against the law and their immunity to any consequences purely because they play a game exceptionally well. (I cringe each time I hear the crowd cheer for Mario Little. I mean, seriously?). The tunnel incident was embarrassing, but I don't believe it was entirely instigated by the Jayhawks seeing as both basketball squads had emotions and adrenaline running high at the time. At the same time, I'm not deluded enough to believe "my boys" were "fine young men" who were "defending the honor of our University" at the time.

:didnotread:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2011, 08:50:36 AM »
I'll be honest--I attend KU and I am proud of its academic reputation (that is not to say I am under the impression KSU and KU are significantly different or anything). However, unlike most of my peers, I have no misconceptions about the character of some of the players on our basketball team. I cheer for them to win and all only because they represent my university, but as individuals, I can't help but dislike those with  history of transgressions against the law and their immunity to any consequences purely because they play a game exceptionally well. (I cringe each time I hear the crowd cheer for Mario Little. I mean, seriously?). The tunnel incident was embarrassing, but I don't believe it was entirely instigated by the Jayhawks seeing as both basketball squads had emotions and adrenaline running high at the time. At the same time, I'm not deluded enough to believe "my boys" were "fine young men" who were "defending the honor of our University" at the time.

I can't decide if you're a level-headed troll or another in a long line of rough ridin' terrible KU socks.  :dunno:

Either way, you're not gonna enjoy your short stint here on goEMAW.com. Thanks for stopping bye. :adios:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline KU2013

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2011, 10:56:05 AM »

I can't decide if you're a level-headed troll or another in a long line of effing terrible KU socks.  :dunno:

Either way, you're not gonna enjoy your short stint here on goEMAW.com. Thanks for stopping bye. :adios:

Not a sock.  :peek:

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2011, 09:44:31 PM »
I love the double standard of powerespect nation.  When it's a K-State athlete, they're labeled "junkyard cats," and the term "MCMW" is tossed around like a hot potato.  When it's a KU athlete, they're labeled "thugs," and basically every word besides "n*****."

help me find the youtube of our players walking through another teams' huddle for no apparent reason other than to act like complete P.O.S's.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2011, 11:15:14 AM »

help me find the youtube of our players walking through another teams' huddle for no apparent reason other than to act like complete P.O.S's.

Would've absolutely loved jyc doing that last year.  This year we would've been destroyed by the ESU players when they got mad.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2011, 12:37:39 PM »
When things got heated in the tunnel, it was the Mongoloid twins who really got into it - it took bigwhiteguy to step in the way... what a couple of assholes.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2011, 07:43:31 AM »
Have discipline that means something. Don’t [filtered word]-foot around with it. Mario Little should have been thrown off the team for his disrespect of his former girlfriend. I know why they call him “Little Mario.” (She told me.) The Morris twins should have lost the starting position every time they threw an intentional elbow. See how it worked with Taylor? He was disciplined, and he came back with (guess what!) discipline!
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles