Author Topic: "Kansas State coach’s reaction to question was over the top"  (Read 7463 times)

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: "Kansas State coach’s reaction to question was over the top"
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2011, 02:10:16 PM »
Billy Tagg says:
March 22, 2011 at 11:31 am

I was unaware until today that Robinett is a Kansas alum. Although that would seem fortuitous for my post, it should be irrelevant. If Robinett is doing his job, his former links to rival schools should be inconsequential. Now, if his reporting contains anti-K St. leanings, I would say that the Wichita Eagle should do a better job hiring its reporters. I hope, upon all hope, that Robinett can sever his emotional ties with Kansas in order to write non-bias articles regarding the Wildcats of Kansas State. Irrespective of Saturday’s press conference, Robinett’s question is another case of adversarial journalism where reporters imply things instead of just reporting facts.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2011, 02:13:51 PM »
Billy Tagg says:

I was unaware until today that Robinett is a Kansas alum. Although that would seem fortuitous for my post, it should be irrelevant. If Robinett is doing his job, his former links to rival schools should be inconsequential. Now, if his reporting contains anti-K St. leanings, I would say that the Wichita Eagle should do a better job hiring its reporters. I hope, upon all hope, that Robinett can sever his emotional ties with Kansas in order to write non-bias articles regarding the Wildcats of Kansas State. Irrespective of Saturday’s press conference, Robinett’s question is another case of adversarial journalism where reporters imply things instead of just reporting facts.

lol

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2011, 02:28:30 PM »
Billy Tagg says:

lol

Probably tough to find someone for such little pay.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2011, 02:30:25 PM »
Frank is a little abrasive on Nick Wright's show right now.

Seems tired of this.

Also got defensive when asked about not having Huggy's players next year. 

Offline Levi

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2011, 03:39:35 PM »
Pete, Graham and I have had quite the talk.

the media, except cole manbeck & levi, appear to be raging retards.  i would normally include levi among the retards.  that is my bias, which i, unlike kellis, acknowledge.

Would rather be lumped in with the retards than with Cole.

Thanks, though.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2011, 04:05:10 PM »
My point has nothing to do with making a effing kid cry...it's the timing and delivery of a question delivered by a specific individual who has been proven to be be biased.

yeah, lots of people way missing the point.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2011, 04:46:50 PM »

Seems tired of this.

Did he have Huggy players this year? Or last year? Was anyone besides Walker a Huggy player?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2011, 04:53:04 PM »
Technically, Pullen signed when Huggs was the coach but we were his only high major offer, iirc, so it is pretty dumb talking point.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2011, 04:55:57 PM »
Technically, Pullen signed when Huggs was the coach but we were his only high major offer, iirc, so it is pretty dumb talking point.

Jake always talks about how Frank was in his living room telling him he could ball.  I think it's widely accepted that Frank was Jake's lead recruiter.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2011, 05:12:18 PM »

Seems tired of this.

Did he have Huggy players this year? Or last year? Was anyone besides Walker a Huggy player?

This is exactly what Frank shot back with.  Said that all the kids were re-recruited by him and his staff and all kept their commitments.  Said Bill was the only guy "stuck" anywhere due to transfer rules, etc.

Seemed to really strike a nerve.

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2011, 05:18:08 PM »
My point has nothing to do with making a rough ridin' kid cry...it's the timing and delivery of a question delivered by a specific individual who has been proven to be be biased.

To expand on this: Not just has Kellis proven to be biased, he's just a generally poor sports journalist. The way he chose to phrase this question only illustrates this... and is the real issue here.

From a journalists perspective, I can understand needing ask Jake his feelings on a spectacular career. I can also understand needing to ask Jake his feelings on a really tough loss at the end of that career. But some leading amalgamation of the two that was hardly intelligible is just being a crappy reporter.

It simply shows that Robinett put no thought what-so-ever in to what he was going to say when called upon. Frank's been dealing with this schmuck all year long... That's why I have no problem with Frank pointing out to him that he's poor at his job... in other words "a joke".

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2011, 06:58:14 PM »
yeah, thanks for the confirmation that getting all bent out of shape over the way that a question was asked is indeed powertardy.

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2011, 07:07:22 PM »
yeah, thanks for the confirmation that getting all bent out of shape over the way that a question was asked is indeed powertardy.

It's powertardy to think that Kellis Robinett is a poor journalist? In that case you're welcome.

Is it powertardy to think that you're poor at poster intimidation not to mention being poor at being a fan of K-State sports? Let me know...

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2011, 07:34:04 PM »

It's powertardy to think that Kellis Robinett is a poor journalist? In that case you're welcome.

Is it powertardy to think that you're poor at poster intimidation not to mention being poor at being a fan of K-State sports? Let me know...

1.  yes, because who gives that much of a eff about whether or not someone is a poor journalist.  and especially enough so to dissect a single question to such an extent.

2.  yes, my track record of pi speaks for itself.

3.  yes, what does a powerespect do if not worry about whether or not someone else is a good fan?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2011, 07:43:36 PM »

1.  yes, because who gives that much of a eff about whether or not someone is a poor journalist.  and especially enough so to dissect a single question to such an extent.

3.  yes, what does a powerespect do if not worry about whether or not someone else is a good fan?

1. kellis covers kstate for the two largest newspapers that cover kstate. i care that he is poor. where am i going to get kstate info from? not him. he's not only anti-ksu and the players/coaches know it, he's just bad. the wording and asking of the question is just the lastest example. straw and camel or whatever. he's just really, really, really, bad and it does hurt the average kstate fan because of the lack of inroads he can make and lack of info that we will get because of it.

2. yes.

3. good question. no answer for that one.

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2011, 07:56:02 PM »

Then is it not powertardy to spend a good portion of your life on an internet bbs dissecting other peoples posts to such an extent that you actually have a "track record" of trying to intimidate them from posting more?

Perhaps it's not "powertardy"... rather just plain "'tardy". And in that case, congratulations. At least you can read. You're one step ahead of most of the other "special" people in the world.

Keep it up little buddy!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2011, 08:02:19 PM »
i was never a regular reader, but i stopped reading the star and eagle entirely when when he took the job.  i don't think i read anything from any paper since before last fall.  i don't feel any less informed now than i ever did before.  what am i missing out on?  examples?  i can't think of any.  but even if i did feel less informed, i hope that i wouldn't get all butthurt over it.  being well informed about kstate sports is like a hobby and ultimately just not that important.  

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2011, 08:36:34 PM »
i miss jmart

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2011, 08:40:25 PM »
i was never a regular reader, but i stopped reading the star and eagle entirely when when he took the job.  i don't think i read anything from any paper since before last fall.  i don't feel any less informed now than i ever did before.  what am i missing out on?  examples?  i can't think of any.  but even if i did feel less informed, i hope that i wouldn't get all butthurt over it.  being well informed about kstate sports is like a hobby and ultimately just not that important. 

you probably heard about the kelly situation this year. that was broken by austin meek. he works for a smaller, different newspaper as a kstate beat writer. but yeah, it's a hobby. would you rather know more or less about your hobby is the question. because with kellis and his poor work habits and lack of being able to get kstate info, you are going to get less. i can't think of one reason to want less info than more. maybe you do? wanting more info is not being butthurt btw, not caring about it is being powertardy. congrats powerespect.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 08:50:09 PM by Rick Daris »

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2011, 08:43:59 PM »
i miss jmart

This is probably the underlying truth to every thread/post/word that's ever been written about Kellis Robinett on this board.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2011, 08:59:54 PM »
i was never a regular reader, but i stopped reading the star and eagle entirely when when he took the job.  i don't think i read anything from any paper since before last fall.  i don't feel any less informed now than i ever did before.  what am i missing out on?  examples?  i can't think of any.  but even if i did feel less informed, i hope that i wouldn't get all butthurt over it.  being well informed about kstate sports is like a hobby and ultimately just not that important. 

This is kind of where I'm at.  but I still want him jobless on the street

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2011, 09:56:47 PM »
you probably heard about the kelly situation this year. that was broken by austin meek. he works for a smaller, different newspaper as a kstate beat writer. but yeah, it's a hobby. would you rather know more or less about your hobby is the question. because with kellis and his poor work habits and lack of being able to get kstate info, you are going to get less. i can't think of one reason to want less info than more. maybe you do? wanting more info is not being butthurt btw, not caring about it is being powertardy. congrats powerespect.

dear megapowertard:  i'm not saying people shouldn't be less than pleased with the coverage, but there are people acting as though they are really bent out of shape over The Question.  i have a hard time believing that their only concern is with journalism - especially when (outside of people saying, "kellis sucks") the topic of journalism is rarely discussed and never with so much passion.  as i've said, i have no problem with hating on kellis for other reasons.  just be honest about it

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2011, 11:01:00 PM »
this chum1 dude sure is getting worked up about a little media criticism.  sounds like it might be hitting a little too close to home, mediawk.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2011, 11:34:27 PM »

dear megapowertard:  i'm not saying people shouldn't be less than pleased with the coverage, but there are people acting as though they are really bent out of shape over The Question.  i have a hard time believing that their only concern is with journalism - especially when (outside of people saying, "kellis sucks") the topic of journalism is rarely discussed and never with so much passion.  as i've said, i have no problem with hating on kellis for other reasons.  just be honest about it

"the question" is just the latest and maybe best example of why kellis sucks. that's why people are mad. it's just a huge realization for a lot of people that we are never going to get anything good in terms of ksu coverage from the star and eagle as long as he is there.

it is a hobby though and one that i want the most possible enjoyment out of. for me, that includes winning teams (bball and fball only) as well as much good and insightful coverage of those teams as possible. you don't care about at least one of those and i shouldn't really judge you for it. to each their own. have fun collecting stamps from walgreens, putting them in a scrapbook and showing them off to your family. fun hobby. enjoy. dumbass.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2011, 11:38:36 PM »
 :goodbyecruelworld:

Quote from: fb friend
Ready, set, kill Kellis Robinett
47 minutes ago via iPhone · Like ·
Quote from: Casey Keller
Hey now.. I don't think so.. that's my cousin!!!
41 minutes ago · Like
Well I'm sorry to hear you're related. He's the worst excuse for a reporter ever. and I've seen alot of horrible reporters!
36 minutes ago · Like
Quote from: Casey Keller
Well I'm not sorry cuz he is a great guy along with a great reporter so I'm sorry you feel that way!!!
26 minutes ago · Like
Cool I don't care
24 minutes ago · Like