Author Topic: Devastated  (Read 4966 times)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Devastated
« on: March 20, 2011, 01:19:33 PM »
Still not over it. Need drugs.  :frown:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Devastated
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 01:21:34 PM »

Daris and I baked some cookies yesterday to send to Jake and Curt.  Made me feel a lot better. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 01:25:26 PM »

Daris and I baked some cookies yesterday to send to Jake and Curt.  Made me feel a lot better. 

Any eggbake?  :love:

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 01:34:10 PM »
I haven't got up the will to get out of my freakin bed yet

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 02:22:48 PM »
Mrs Stupid Fitz and I haven't talked since this morning when she made the comment that she at least picked Wisconsin on her bracket.  :chainsaw:

I am still pretty upset thinking that we won't see Jake and Curt again. Also afraid that Curt could be dead soon if he doesn't go somewhere to play.  :frown:

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 02:34:22 PM »
feels bad man.  i love jake more than any other ksubballer ever.  curt was great too, massey levels of adorableness.

now between this year and 2007 i really rough ridin' hate wisconsin.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 02:36:22 PM »
I'm doing ok today.  not like after Bulter last year.  but still down.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 02:39:25 PM »
This hurts more than the Butler game for me, but I don't know why. The only logical reasoning I have is because we're losing Jake, and most likely won't see a player like that again in K-State history. Could the next all-time leading scorer be so adorable? Probably not.

Love you, Jake. You will be missed.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 02:42:30 PM »
I couldn't get out of bed today either. Wisconsin is responsible for Bill, Mike, Jake, and Curtis. Unreal that one team could do that to us. Absolutely horrifying. Mind boggling. Devastating.

:goodbyecruelworld:

Offline Lynchmobrules

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 02:50:05 PM »
This hurts more than the Butler game for me, but I don't know why. The only logical reasoning I have is because we're losing Jake, and most likely won't see a player like that again in K-State history. Could the next all-time leading scorer be so adorable? Probably not.

This.
"Wednesday if they don't come in and compete, I am going to destroy them." - Frank Martin

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 02:50:33 PM »
We'll all miss Jake and Curt, but goodness, get over it guys.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 02:53:20 PM »

Any eggbake?  :love:

No.   :dunno:

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 02:54:01 PM »

Squawk. 

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 03:06:46 PM »
I couldn't get out of bed today either. Wisconsin is responsible for Bill, Mike, Jake, and Curtis. Unreal that one team could do that to us. Absolutely horrifying. Mind boggling. Devastating.

i want to kill every last one of those rough ridin' wisky bastards...  im just beside myself.  :bawl: :bawl:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 03:15:14 PM »

I think it is because when it really comes down to it this is about more than winning.  Last year we almost made it to the final four, we had a great run.  I knew I would miss Denis, but this is completely different.  We all remember the kid in the baggy t-shirt dishing off to Beasley against KU in 08.  We were there when Frank called him "the most selfish son of a bitch" he ever met.  We saw him grow from a 17 year old kid who came to KSU as an afterthought and grow into perhaps the most beloved four year player that KSU has ever seen.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 03:17:42 PM »
What devastating ways to end the football/basketball seasons. :bawl: :angry:

Offline gokatgo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 03:41:53 PM »

I think it is because when it really comes down to it this is about more than winning.  Last year we almost made it to the final four, we had a great run.  I knew I would miss Denis, but this is completely different.  We all remember the kid in the baggy t-shirt dishing off to Beasley against KU in 08.  We were there when Frank called him "the most selfish son of a bitch" he ever met.  We saw him grow from a 17 year old kid who came to KSU as an afterthought and grow into perhaps the most beloved four year player that KSU has ever seen.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Jacob-Pullen-46635

Offline A-Lishious

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 04:02:15 PM »

Safe to say that 'sconsin owns KSU in the same unexplainable way that KSU owns tejas?  :dunno:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 04:05:21 PM »

Safe to say that 'sconsin owns KSU in the same unexplainable way that KSU owns tejas?  :dunno:

I think they are 2-2 so not really.

Offline A-Lishious

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 04:07:34 PM »

Good call. Plus they did you guys a solid by getting that shatty white qb everidge or whatevery to transfer.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 04:09:50 PM »

Good call. Plus they did you guys a solid by getting that shatty white qb everidge or whatevery to transfer.

He was so Wisconsiny it was inevitable.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 07:10:51 PM »

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2011, 07:43:17 PM »

Agreed.  We sound like squawks after Sherron graduated.  JFC.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 07:45:48 PM »

Agreed.  We sound like squawks after Sherron graduated.  JFC.

I'm prepared to let Daniel Sams into my heart to replace Jake.  Just have to wait until spring.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 09:49:36 PM »
Eff all the squawks in this thread.

And Jake, I'll never love another player like I do Jake. I followed his recruitment, read his local papers, believed he could be the elite point guard that had been eluding us for a long time. I watched him throw up those half-courters on his recruiting trip, wearing camo, embodying (along with Mike and Bill) the promise that Huggy and Co. were bringing to a remote, forgotten little town in the Flint Hills.

And then he was the truth. 20 against KU as a freshman, driving and scoring, dishing to Beas, hitting 3's and free throws. Teaming with Denis last year, hitting more clutch Tourney shots than anyone in memory, the best season in 20 odd years. And salvaging this season like he did, being the best player in the conference, putting us on his back - I will miss him so much. And I don't give a cac if anyone thinks this is  :powerespect:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."