Author Topic: It's not wrong to care guys  (Read 14078 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: It's not wrong to care guys
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2011, 12:07:44 AM »
the whole KITN phenomenon is so effing stupid it makes my head hurt.  idiots brought that stupid cac from kstatefans to this/(ksufans) site.  It's the epitome of the "woe is me" lose ksu fan.  Get over it.  There is no KITN.  There is nothing to fear.

Great post chings.

gmab _F. you believe in kitn as much / more than anyone.

I believe in bringing up the armpit of K-State basketball history.

By and large, I think KITN gets overplayed by many Cat fans.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2011, 12:08:14 AM »
Acid reflux catches up to you.

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2011, 12:08:34 AM »

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2011, 12:09:10 AM »
the whole KITN phenomenon is so effing stupid it makes my head hurt.  idiots brought that stupid cac from kstatefans to this/(ksufans) site.  It's the epitome of the "woe is me" lose ksu fan.  Get over it.  There is no KITN.  There is nothing to fear.

Great post chings.

yes, _Fan this is very different than the KITN bullshit.  People use KITN to crap on people who are enjoying anything positive with k-state sports.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2011, 12:09:38 AM »
the whole KITN phenomenon is so effing stupid it makes my head hurt.  idiots brought that stupid cac from kstatefans to this/(ksufans) site.  It's the epitome of the "woe is me" lose ksu fan.  Get over it.  There is no KITN.  There is nothing to fear.

Great post chings.

meh. it only gets focused on because there are far more negative points in our history than positive ones, at least relative to what most of us expect / think k-state is capable of. it gets the lion's share of the discussion, appropriately.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2011, 12:25:18 AM »
go cats.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2011, 12:39:13 AM »
the whole KITN phenomenon is so effing stupid it makes my head hurt.  idiots brought that stupid cac from kstatefans to this/(ksufans) site.  It's the epitome of the "woe is me" lose ksu fan.  Get over it.  There is no KITN.  There is nothing to fear.

Great post chings.

yes, _Fan this is very different than the KITN bullshit.  People use KITN to crap on people who are enjoying anything positive with k-state sports.

This.  I rough ridin' hate this board for this reason alone.  Shitty fans with no heart waiting for something negative so they can say "I told you so" or "It's typical Kstate" bullshit.  eff all of you assholes.

Offline AlwaysEMAW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2011, 12:40:26 AM »
I entered K-State in 2007 with Jake, and now I'll graduate with him in May.

What an amazing four years. Love him so much. Will not forget. Not ever.

(Bows head, raises fist) FTB  :cry:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2011, 12:46:19 AM »

Great post chings.

This.  I rough ridin' hate this board for this reason alone.  Shitty fans with no heart waiting for something negative so they can say "I told you so" or "It's typical Kstate" bullshit.  eff all of you assholes.

Love this board.  People deal with their emotions in different ways.  Some get sad.  Some try to brush it off and be positive.  Some take positive to the extreme.  Some use sarcasm to deflect and shadow how they really feel. Some try to avoid emotional letdowns by readying themselves for bad news (the KITN crew).

Others, and this is the only group that I have any problem with are just falsely entitled brats, who throw tantrums when things don't go their way.  These are the same people who care little about those in uniform and view the team solely as a means to the end of beating their chest every so often.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2011, 01:58:15 AM »
We played pretty well.  It was a tight game that could have gone either way.  Like, I could get upset, but who would I get upset at, you know?

:dunno:

good lord. f*ck you loser

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2011, 01:58:55 AM »
We played pretty well.  It was a tight game that could have gone either way.  Like, I could get upset, but who would I get upset at, you know?

:D

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2011, 03:07:03 PM »
I think the problem is that a lot of posters on this site try too hard to be the opposite of  :powerespect: .   Don't get me wrong, GPC is a terrible rough ridin' place full of blind apologists and sunshine pumpers and doesn't allow for any realistic negative discussion.  But some take it too far in the other direction, seemingly just to spite that place.  Everybody on here cares.  Why the eff would you spend your time here if you didn't care? It's just that some use negativity as a defense mechanism.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2011, 03:14:01 PM »
If this loss didn't make you meltdown personally then you are a Jayhawk.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 03:18:46 PM by Pett »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2011, 03:23:42 PM »
I think the problem is that a lot of posters on this site try too hard to be the opposite of  :powerespect: .   Don't get me wrong, GPC is a terrible effing place full of blind apologists and sunshine pumpers and doesn't allow for any realistic negative discussion.  But some take it too far in the other direction, seemingly just to spite that place.  Everybody on here cares.  Why the eff would you spend your time here if you didn't care? It's just that some use negativity as a defense mechanism.

Sums up the board pretty well.  The ineventable "We will lose to (Iowa St, Nebraska, Missouri etc)" posts before each game are beyond stupid as is the "Frank is leaving" everytime a job opens up crowd. 

But unfortunately I'm subject to my emotions just like the rest of you and fall into these mindsets as much as anyone.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2011, 04:07:28 PM »
Thoughts:

1) I think goEMAW should send CK a card or something to let him know he's appreciated. Very sad for him.
2) The goddam "woe is us, KITN" mentality just shows how rough ridin' stupid people are, considering last season was about as fun/awesome as a season can get, and this February/March was incredible as well. eff you guys. We kick ass.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2011, 04:15:44 PM »
didn't realize this thread would get so deep.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2011, 04:19:06 PM »
Thoughts:

1) I think goEMAW should send CK a card or something to let him know he's appreciated. Very sad for him.
2) The goddam "woe is us, KITN" mentality just shows how rough ridin' stupid people are, considering last season was about as fun/awesome as a season can get, and this February/March was incredible as well. eff you guys. We kick ass.

This sounds like those old football fans who would say things "You think it's bad now, well *I* was there for the Stan Parrish days" immediately after a bad loss.  It's crap like this that would get me all stabby.

Offline bradleigh

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »
didn't realize this thread would get so deep.

Really?
2/8/11 - Never Forget

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2011, 04:44:35 PM »
Thoughts:

This sounds like those old football fans who would say things "You think it's bad now, well *I* was there for the Stan Parrish days" immediately after a bad loss.  It's crap like this that would get me all stabby.

Yeah, except that's a completely different situation. I'm talking about people who have the mentality that when ever KSU gets on the big stage or seems special, they fail miserably or end up with a "KITN". They call it "typical KSU" or something similarly stupid. KSU basketball over the last 4 years has consistently stepped up in big games and on big stages, and really the only "KITN" over that time was the losses from the CK/Pullen suspensions.

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2011, 04:45:41 PM »
If this loss didn't make you meltdown personally then you are a Jayhawk.

Thank you, Robert J. Lipson.  Totally agree.
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2011, 04:50:16 PM »
Totally agree with Rusty.  It's been a fantastic 2 years of KSU basketball and I honestly think we will continue the excitement next year...albeit with greatly reduced expectations.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2011, 05:56:42 PM »
Totally agree with Rusty.  It's been a fantastic 2 years of KSU basketball and I honestly think we will continue the excitement next year...albeit with greatly reduced expectations.

And the thing is, that is okay.  Being a sports fan, more importantly being a college sports fan is about more than bragging rights.  Though bragging rights are great too.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2011, 06:59:44 PM »
Let

Being upset is a choice, F3.  You don't need to be upset.  Let it go.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2011, 08:39:15 AM »
the whole KITN phenomenon is so rough ridin' stupid it makes my head hurt.  idiots brought that stupid crap from kstatefans to this/(ksufans) site.  It's the epitome of the "woe is me" lose ksu fan.  Get over it.  There is no KITN.  There is nothing to fear.

when you look up loser in the dictionary you see a picture of george bush.  but if you look closely he is holding up a picture of these guys.

(stolen from Trump CC roast) :)

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2011, 08:40:55 AM »
Thoughts:

This sounds like those old football fans who would say things "You think it's bad now, well *I* was there for the Stan Parrish days" immediately after a bad loss.  It's crap like this that would get me all stabby.

Yeah, except that's a completely different situation. I'm talking about people who have the mentality that when ever KSU gets on the big stage or seems special, they fail miserably or end up with a "KITN". They call it "typical KSU" or something similarly stupid. KSU basketball over the last 4 years has consistently stepped up in big games and on big stages, and really the only "KITN" over that time was the losses from the CK/Pullen suspensions.

yes. we lost this year's game of the tournament.  we won last year's.  it's amazing to be a part of that.