Author Topic: New SI Article On Royals Potential Awesomeness  (Read 11689 times)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: New SI Article On Royals Potential Awesomeness
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2011, 07:15:21 PM »
Jumped off the Royals bandwagon after 20 long humiliating years this last summer.

I gotta say, it feels great to go to the games and laugh at all the rubes who actually give a crap.
 :gocho:

Amazing.  That's like owning stocks in a company that consistently fall in price just to sell them off before the company hits with a tremendous product and the stock ends up skyrocketing.

If you were going to quit, you should have done it 10 or 20 years ago.  Now is when there's actually light at the end of the tunnel.

:confused:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2011, 11:42:08 PM »
OMG....Awesome!

http://www.ranyontheroyals.com/2011/03/1985.html

wow.

This was fantastic.

At the end of the day, the Royals were the first team I ever loved, and I'll love them until the day I die.  I'll always hold out hope.

That said, if the dream team doesn't pan out, I'm going to be pretty crushed.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2011, 07:37:58 AM »
OMG....Awesome!

wow.

This was fantastic.

At the end of the day, the Royals were the first team I ever loved, and I'll love them until the day I die.  I'll always hold out hope.

You're asking to be crushed.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2011, 09:51:45 AM »
OMG....Awesome!

wow.

This was fantastic.

You're asking to be crushed.

I know.  Hoping for the best.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2011, 11:12:12 AM »
The talk in the SI/ESPN Mag articles gives me the most hope I've had for years. There has been a lot of talk, but never did anyone give this many examples of prospects, nor did anyway say the Royals had the best farm system in baseball. Still, there is a lot of caution there, and I expect to quit wanting to listen to Royals on the radio by early to mid May this season. We'll see if the hype for these guys pans out, but it seems to be some legitimate hype this time.

Offline blowthewhistle

• Fan
  • The pride of the Warhawks
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2011, 08:29:04 PM »
The talk in the SI/ESPN Mag articles gives me the most hope I've had for years. There has been a lot of talk, but never did anyone give this many examples of prospects, nor did anyway say the Royals had the best farm system in baseball. Still, there is a lot of caution there, and I expect to quit wanting to listen to Royals on the radio by early to mid May this season. We'll see if the hype for these guys pans out, but it seems to be some legitimate hype this time.

Best farm system in baseball Best farm system EVER*

*Since Baseball America has ranked them

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2011, 02:30:07 PM »

Rany has linked a lot of commentators on his blog, and the love for the farm system is pretty universal.

Immediate love will be for Moustakas, but Hosmer is going to be amazing.  That one is pretty clear.