Author Topic: Silence  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Silence
« on: March 06, 2011, 11:37:55 AM »
This is what you hear from skat kid on the war crimes currently going on under qaddhafi.

But that damn W, he should be hauled away and flogged in Brussels!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Silence
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 11:46:20 AM »
This is what you hear from skat kid on the war crimes currently going on under qaddhafi.

So the U.S. and Libya are on the same moral plane?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 02:19:41 PM »

Sounded like they were under Bush , even though nothing has changed under Obama.  :dunno:

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 02:31:23 PM »

So a "moral plane" is the standard we're going to use in trying someone. 

So in the skat kid (arrrrr!) world, since I've never gotten more than a speeding ticket, I should face harsher penalties for jaywalking than a serial rapist. 

This is why the radical left shouldn't ever have any power.  Law is not an even playing field, its a tool to be dished out at their whim.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 05:32:50 PM »

So in the skat kid (arrrrr!) world, since I've never gotten more than a speeding ticket, I should face harsher penalties for jaywalking than a serial rapist. 

This is why the radical left shouldn't ever have any power.  Law is not an even playing field, its a tool to be dished out at their whim.

Are you trying to set a record for straw men built in one post?

I think Gaddafi should face a trial for Human Rights abuses and War Crimes in front of The Hague.  Just like Sadaam should have been.  Just like anyone else should be.  The U.S., however, feels that the ICC is an affront to sovereignty and so while most of Bush's government (and likely Obama's) will fear travel abroad in their retirement, the U.S. continues a "do as I say not as I do" which weakens their position internationally to take China, Russia, Venezuela or one of the many other 1st word nations that have even worse human rights records.

The power of non-violent political movements is incredible and terrorism is definitely on the decline as a result.  Bush's freedom rhetoric was right after all.  Unfortunately, his strategic thinking, and the subordinates tasked with implementing it, were incredibly bad.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 05:35:44 PM »

I think Gaddafi should face a trial for Human Rights abuses and War Crimes in front of The Hague.  Just like Sadaam should have been.  Just like anyone else should be.  The U.S., however, feels that the ICC is an affront to sovereignty and so while most of Bush's government (and likely Obama's) will fear travel abroad in their retirement, the U.S. continues a "do as I say not as I do" which weakens their position internationally to take China, Russia, Venezuela or one of the many other 1st word nations that have even worse human rights records.

The power of non-violent political movements is incredible and terrorism is definitely on the decline as a result.  Bush's freedom rhetoric was right after all.  Unfortunately, his strategic thinking, and the subordinates tasked with implementing it, were incredibly bad.

And you are worse for staying silent until called out on it.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 05:40:17 PM »

And you are worse for staying silent until called out on it.

Would you like an update on all countries that I find distasteful?  I think that would be a little tedious.

Apologies for taking a special interest in the one I happen to live and vote in.

I reiterate the fact that I hold the U.S. to a higher standard of moral conduct than Libya.  Is that your baseline for comparing our human rights record to?  Anything better than Libya is acceptable?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 05:52:25 PM »
I haven't seen tortuga take a strong stand against rape on these boards. Clearly, he is pro-rape.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 06:14:51 PM »
Do you want me to make a post on Manning?  Because the conditions of his detention are an embarrassment.  Obama should be questioned on it and his answer will inevitably be ludicrous on its face.  Perhaps Palin said it best as the "hopey changey stuff" has certainly worked out quite as some of us had hoped.

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 09:27:27 PM »
I haven't seen tortuga take a strong stand against rape on these boards. Clearly, he is pro-rape.

Hasn't made rape an issue in the past.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 10:57:30 AM »
John Kerry says, "Bomb em"!!