Author Topic: Tex Winter Court  (Read 22466 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Tex Winter Court
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 11:02:20 AM »
I loved how Denis used to rattle off something to the camera while shaking hands.  Loved even more that it was mostly in spanish.  

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 11:02:55 AM »
First old dude to donate $1,000,000 to the basketball program gets it named after him.  No $$, no name.

crap ain't free

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 11:03:32 AM »
I loved how Denis used to rattle off something to the camera while shaking hands.  Loved even more that it was mostly in spanish.  

then we would have sys translate what he said and every time it was "He's basically saying YEAH BITCHES!" and I would be all, "HA!  I KNEW IT!"

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 11:03:59 AM »
Good thread

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 11:04:30 AM »
I've been creepin on the boards for a while, decided to finally chime in.. But no, I'm definitely not Tex Winter's kid... Grew up loving the Bulls (as every 90s kid did) and appreciate everything Tex did...  

:emawkid:

Denis has done much more for the KSU Cats than Tex
:dubious:worst trolling ever :facepalm:

I'm dead serious.  The only reason I've ever heard of Tex Winter is because old Kansas people won't shut up about him and when he stroked out everyone got excited because he was going to be put in a home in Manhattan, KS.

i know.  if only he'd invented some offense that has won several nba championships or taken us to a final four.  then i might know who he is.   :dubious:
maybe his old ass should have spent more time here winning several nba championships rather than heading to chicago, then his name can go on the court until then Go Briggs Go! Keep donating money and keep the tarp looking sharp!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 11:05:09 AM »
First old dude to donate $1,000,000 to the basketball program gets it named after him.  No $$, no name.

crap ain't free

It should have to be much more than that if you are some rando old dude.  If Tex Winter gave us $5 million I would consider it though.  Now that I think of it, if he has $5 million (doubtful) we could have his nurse or whatever make him sign the check since he doesn't even know where he is.  

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 11:05:32 AM »
Denis Clemente Court with this at center court:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 11:06:39 AM »
It's going to be Denis Clemente Court.

I would like Denis Clemente Court with small flags of all the various mexican countries our kids come from along the baselines. 

Most annoying behavior I've ever seen out of a Cats player = the hand gestures and the flag and the screaming "Puerto Rrrrrrriiiicoooo" into the camera.

I would ban you if I knew how you bad person

Lucky for both of us then?

how is that lucky for me?  unlucky if anything. 

It was annoying though, right?  I thought it was.  At least I can't think of anything else more annoying.  Most everything else I really like or love.  Like when during the tunnel tance JHR is always turned to the wall pounding away?  That's great.  I love that.

No, it was amazing.  I loved every second of it. 

Well I'll just keep my mouth shut about that just in case you ever get ambitious enough to learn how to ban me.  Mmmkay?

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2011, 11:07:20 AM »
all the various mexican countries

Folks.  This is why steve dave is #winning. #emawblood  :bwpopcorn:

BTW, Tex bailed on us just like Kruger.  Well, not "just" like.  But like.  Definitely bailed.  And that's why us youngsters never heard about him.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2011, 11:07:34 AM »
Good thread

Yeah, except for the new  :opcat:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2011, 11:08:34 AM »
Denis Clemente Court with this at center court:

I like the idea, but crop out everything not denis and put a purple and white striped rainbow in between his hands and write whatever is spanish for 'yeah biotches' and it's gold.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2011, 11:08:59 AM »
Bo Jackson Court

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2011, 11:09:30 AM »
Bo Jackson Court

well, better than Tex Winter court anyway

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2011, 11:09:39 AM »
Glad we got started talking about naming the Court after Denis.  Great idea guys.  goEMAW with the scoop again.

So as far as center court, I think in the pic he needs to have his shirt off.  Thoughts?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2011, 11:10:22 AM »
Judge Judys Court

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2011, 11:10:50 AM »
Glad we got started talking about naming the Court after Denis.  Great idea guys.  goEMAW with the scoop again.

So as far as center court, I think in the pic he needs to have his shirt off.  Thoughts?

after the game all the fans would have to sit in their seats with their eyes closed for about 5 minutes until their boners went down so they could walk out shame free

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2011, 11:12:06 AM »

after the game all the fans would have to sit in their seats with their eyes closed for about 5 minutes until their boners went down so they could walk out shame free

That's why we wear belt buckles.  Big ones act as a shield.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2011, 11:15:15 AM »

Cool, could listen to Frank's show while the wood went down.

"Clemente Court" should also have his signature on each side.  Except he writes "yeah bitches" in spanish before his signature.

Offline NoDakCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2011, 11:17:48 AM »
I've been creepin on the boards for a while, decided to finally chime in.. But no, I'm definitely not Tex Winter's kid... Grew up loving the Bulls (as every 90s kid did) and appreciate everything Tex did...  

I'm dead serious.  The only reason I've ever heard of Tex Winter is because old Kansas people won't shut up about him and when he stroked out everyone got excited because he was going to be put in a home in Manhattan, KS.

Tex changed the game of basketball, and since you don't know who he is that's why he needs to be on the court so people have to look him up and know what he did.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2011, 11:18:50 AM »

Tex changed the game of basketball, and since you don't know who he is that's why he needs to be on the court so people have to look him up and know what he did.

So did Denis.   :emawkid:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2011, 11:19:08 AM »

John Wooden changed the game of basketball but I don't want his old ass on the court either

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2011, 11:19:25 AM »
Yeah, Steve read up on your facts bro.  Educate yourself.  Jerk.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2011, 11:20:45 AM »
Maybe we could paint our lanes to match Denis' tat sleeve.   :love:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2011, 11:20:50 AM »
Bill Walker pissed on the court, therefore it's his.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2011, 11:22:18 AM »
Maybe we could paint our lanes to match Denis' tat sleeve.   :love:

OMG!