Author Topic: Something is brewing out there for a major college football program(s) . . .  (Read 10221 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Cowherd on ESPN Radio was talking about it yesterday, saying a significant sports news outlet is about ready to drop a big ol Dime on a Top 10 Football program.   I saw a guy I know who works in the sports department at the local daily rag and he said he's hearing the same thing.  Apparently Finebaum or somebody down in SEC talk radio land has been talking about it as well and talking about how Tennessee and Auburn both offered up cash to Cecil Newton. 

:bwpopcorn:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
I really need to listen to PAWWWWWWL more.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
There's supposed to be some big good news for TCU today too :dunno:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, I wonder what that's all about at TCU.  They've already announced and started their stadium renovation, they've already announced the Big East, so what else could it be?

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Yeah, I wonder what that's all about at TCU.  They've already announced and started their stadium renovation, they've already announced the Big East, so what else could it be?

Its Patterson!!

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Its Patterson!!

Thought I read somewhere that a professor at TCU was going to blow the lid off of the athletic department covering up miss conduct by football and basketball players that included academic fraud and drugs and stuff.
RIP Fatty

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Its Patterson!!

Thought I read somewhere that a professor at TCU was going to blow the lid off of the athletic department covering up miss conduct by football and basketball players that included academic fraud and drugs and stuff.

supposed to be good news for TCU today from what I read :dunno:

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Its Patterson!!

supposed to be good news for TCU today from what I read :dunno:

one person's good news is another person's oh crap

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's Oregon

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Wouldn't be surprised on the Oregon thing, but would rather it be Auburn or Tenn.  

Would love it to be Auburn, then Cam refuse to give anything back.  Only hope that they all have their NC rings before it lands.  Keep it all Cam.  

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
Wouldn't be surprised on the Oregon thing, but would rather it be Auburn or Tenn.  

Would love it to be Auburn, then Cam refuse to give anything back.  Only hope that they all have their NC rings before it lands.  Keep it all Cam.  

So what are the rumblings about Oregon?  It's pretty well-known what some of the scuttlebutt is about Auburn & Tennessee, but I'd like to know what's rumored with the ducks, TIA. (if they go on probation or death penalty, can we ease into their uniform deal?)
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

So what are the rumblings about Oregon?  It's pretty well-known what some of the scuttlebutt is about Auburn & Tennessee, but I'd like to know what's rumored with the ducks, TIA. (if they go on probation or death penalty, can we ease into their uniform deal?)

It's Oregon

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
"For the record, Oregon is not the school we have heard connected to these rumors. Nor is it Auburn. Nor will we mention the school’s name we’ve heard floated around as it’s not been remotely confirmed."

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's Oregon

Would love to see the NCAA vs. Oregon Phil Knight/Nike   

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
It's Oregon

Easy there, bro.  Nike sets us up.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If it's Auburn then  :zzz:

We already know the NCAA will take the NC from them in about 5 years, same with the Heisman. That's how college football works.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If it's Auburn then  :zzz:

We already know the NCAA will take the NC from them in about 5 years, same with the Heisman. That's how college football works.

Cowherd on his show said that he's waiting for confirmation by his sources, but he said it's definitely not Auburn.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's Oregon

Easy there, bro.  Nike sets us up.

I know, I know.  I would obviously be rooting for the University of Oregon Swooshes if this happened.  Would be fantastic to watch.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict nothing major comes of this.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, it's getting absurd.   Awhile back it was Texas who going to get blown up, then several SEC schools, then Oregon . . . somebody has either had the kibosh put on this or they couldnn't make it all stick so in the end . . . nothing.