Author Topic: The Official Bracketology Thread  (Read 367183 times)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Bracketology Thread
« Reply #975 on: March 13, 2014, 09:39:14 PM »
Oh hi.  The luchando naranja y azul pans are going to be on that motherfucking bubble if they win four more in a row!  So suck it all you haters who didn't believe because I know who you are and I won't forget.  #bubblepoppin

Okay bit of a set back there with the historically bad home loss to Michigan, but we're on our way back.  Beat IU today.  Michigan again!  Those fuckers are in for it.  Dicks will be kicked off meatchicken bodies at an incredible rate.  Maybe that Posse fucko will weigh in here, but once the Breads slap the dicks off Michigan and beat Nubb or the SUCKeyes we are right on that bubble.  #nailinthatatlargebid
#bubbthumpin

So Brad Evans of yahoo sports says the breads are looking "rock solid" for the ncaas if they beat meatchicken.  I like the cut of this guy's gib and am very confident in his credentials to make this call.  #nailsversusrocks #solids 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 13, 2014, 09:44:53 PM »
meatchicken. Classic bread.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 13, 2014, 09:58:15 PM »
How do you feel about those guys rus?  I tell you what if we beat them I will get butt ass naked in this very thread.  Total free for all party inferno right here.  Confidence is rising.  Feels good. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 13, 2014, 10:01:44 PM »
Don't care, honestly. I watched their game against Arizona and that's about it. But it would be great if the breads won. I just read a David Foster Wallace essay about growing up playing tennis in Philo and he mentioned playing the rich kids from Peoria in tournaments and I thought of you.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 13, 2014, 10:15:50 PM »
Never heard of Philo until just then. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 13, 2014, 10:23:31 PM »
Bread Evans said that?  Sounds like confidence is rising, aldough Philo apparently thinks he's a baguette. 

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 13, 2014, 10:24:17 PM »
Oh hi.  The luchando naranja y azul pans are going to be on that motherfucking bubble if they win four more in a row!  So suck it all you haters who didn't believe because I know who you are and I won't forget.  #bubblepoppin

Okay bit of a set back there with the historically bad home loss to Michigan, but we're on our way back.  Beat IU today.  Michigan again!  Those fuckers are in for it.  Dicks will be kicked off meatchicken bodies at an incredible rate.  Maybe that Posse fucko will weigh in here, but once the Breads slap the dicks off Michigan and beat Nubb or the SUCKeyes we are right on that bubble.  #nailinthatatlargebid
#bubbthumpin

So Brad Evans of yahoo sports says the breads are looking "rock solid" for the ncaas if they beat meatchicken.  I like the cut of this guy's gib and am very confident in his credentials to make this call.  #nailsversusrocks #solids

Sorry Breads.  I think it takes more than just beat Michigan.   ILL went only 7-11.   You have 4 top 50 wins but only Mich St win is a win over a good seeded team (Iowa gonna be a 9, Neb a 10/11 IMO and Minn is out as of now).  Big 10 is solid conf and ILL played tough conf sched, but your non con SOS is 182 and only top 100 win in non con is Mizzou

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 13, 2014, 10:29:26 PM »

#bubbthumpin

Sorry Breads.  I think it takes more than just beat Michigan.   ILL went only 7-11.   You have 4 top 50 wins but only Mich St win is a win over a good seeded team (Iowa gonna be a 9, Neb a 10/11 IMO and Minn is out as of now).  Big 10 is solid conf and ILL played tough conf sched, but your non con SOS is 182 and only top 100 win in non con is Mizzou

pfft, I bet you every dollar I got that Iowa won't be a 9. They have lost 6 of their last 7.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 14, 2014, 09:05:29 AM »
Hey Bread what's it like to not make the tournament? 

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 14, 2014, 09:34:42 AM »
New Palm bracket: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Would take all the way to an E8 matchup with Duke, because the Shocks want no part of Baylor in the second round.  WSU has not seen a team with the size and athleticism of the Bears.

Also, look at the KSU v. Wisconsin second round matchup.  The Cats just can't avoid the Badgers.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 14, 2014, 09:51:40 AM »
I would totally fly to milwaukee. Flights are dirt cheap there.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 14, 2014, 09:54:29 AM »
the buffs will stomp our faces

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 14, 2014, 09:56:28 AM »
the buffs will stomp our faces
I'm gonna stomp your face. :shakesfist:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 14, 2014, 10:22:55 AM »
I want the buffs will stomp our faces

:surprised:

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 14, 2014, 10:24:40 AM »
New Palm bracket: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Would take all the way to an E8 matchup with Duke, because the Shocks want no part of Baylor in the second round.  WSU has not seen a team with the size and athleticism of the Bears.

Also, look at the KSU v. Wisconsin second round matchup.  The Cats just can't avoid the Badgers.

I called it 2 weeks ago, KSU vs. Wisconsin in Milwaukee.  I don't have much confidence we'll win our 1st game tho so prolly won't matter

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: March 14, 2014, 10:27:57 AM »
I would totally fly to milwaukee. Flights are dirt cheap there.

not for next weekend  :frown:

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 14, 2014, 10:34:48 AM »
10 seed
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 14, 2014, 10:53:46 AM »
FWIW, Lundardi from this morning:

The Seed List
Notes

*** = Teams at No. 41 and better on Seed List considered tournament locks with odds to make the field of 85 percent or higher.

@ = Team is among the Last Four In.

ITALICS = Teams projected to win their conference tournament and automatic bid.

BOLD = Teams that have clinched their conference's automatic bid.

Seed List ordering runs from left to right, then right to left, then left to right.

No. 1 Seeds: 1. Florida | 2. Arizona | 3. Wichita State | 4. Villanova

No. 2: 8. Wisconsin | 7. Duke | 6. Michigan | 5. Kansas

No. 3: 9. Virginia | 10. Syracuse | 11. Creighton | 12. Louisville

No. 4: 16. North Carolina | 15. Cincinnati | 14. San Diego State | 13. Iowa State

No. 5: 17. Michigan State | 18. Ohio State | 19. Oklahoma | 20. Connecticut

No. 6: 24. Texas | 23. VCU | 22. Saint Louis | 21. UCLA

No. 7: 25. Kentucky | 26. New Mexico | 27. Gonzaga | 28. Baylor

No. 8: 32. G. Washington | 31. Memphis | 30. Oregon | 29. Massachusetts

No. 9: 33. Oklahoma State | 34. Colorado | 35. Stanford | 36. Kansas State

No. 10: 40. So. Methodist | 39. Arizona State | 38. Pittsburgh | 37. Iowa

No. 11: 41. Xavier*** | 42. Nebraska | 43. Tennessee | 44. Saint Joseph's@

No. 12: 48. Harvard | 47. Providence@ | 46. Brigham Young@ | 45. Dayton@

No. 12-13 49. La. Tech | 50. N. Dakota St. | 51. Stephen F. Austin | 52. Manhattan

No. 13-14: 56. UC Irvine | 55. Georgia State | 54. Mercer | 53. Delaware

No. 14-15: 57. NC Central | 58. Western Michigan | 59. E. Kentucky | 60. American

No. 15-16: 64. Weber State | 63. Stony Brook | 62. Utah Valley | 61. Milwaukee

No. 16: 65. Wofford | 66. Mt. St. Mary's | 67. Coastal Carolina | 68. Ala. State

First Four Out: 72. Arkansas | 71. Southern Miss | 70. Florida State | 69. Minnesota

Next Four Out: 73. California | 74. Missouri | 75. St. John's | 76. Green Bay

The bubble (15 teams for 6 spots)

IN (6, in S curve order): 42. Nebraska, 43. Tennessee, 44. Saint Joseph's, 45. Dayton, 46. Brigham Young, 47. Providence

OUT (9, in S curve order): 69. Minnesota, 70. Florida St, 71. Southern Miss, 72. Arkansas, 73. California, 74. Missouri, 75. St. John's, 76. Green Bay, 77. Georgia

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 14, 2014, 11:00:16 AM »
FWIW, Lundardi from this morning:

The Seed List
Notes

*** = Teams at No. 41 and better on Seed List considered tournament locks with odds to make the field of 85 percent or higher.

@ = Team is among the Last Four In.

ITALICS = Teams projected to win their conference tournament and automatic bid.

BOLD = Teams that have clinched their conference's automatic bid.

Seed List ordering runs from left to right, then right to left, then left to right.

No. 1 Seeds: 1. Florida | 2. Arizona | 3. Wichita State | 4. Villanova

No. 2: 8. Wisconsin | 7. Duke | 6. Michigan | 5. Kansas

No. 3: 9. Virginia | 10. Syracuse | 11. Creighton | 12. Louisville

No. 4: 16. North Carolina | 15. Cincinnati | 14. San Diego State | 13. Iowa State

No. 5: 17. Michigan State | 18. Ohio State | 19. Oklahoma | 20. Connecticut

No. 6: 24. Texas | 23. VCU | 22. Saint Louis | 21. UCLA

No. 7: 25. Kentucky | 26. New Mexico | 27. Gonzaga | 28. Baylor

No. 8: 32. G. Washington | 31. Memphis | 30. Oregon | 29. Massachusetts

No. 9: 33. Oklahoma State | 34. Colorado | 35. Stanford | 36. Kansas State

No. 10: 40. So. Methodist | 39. Arizona State | 38. Pittsburgh | 37. Iowa

No. 11: 41. Xavier*** | 42. Nebraska | 43. Tennessee | 44. Saint Joseph's@

No. 12: 48. Harvard | 47. Providence@ | 46. Brigham Young@ | 45. Dayton@

No. 12-13 49. La. Tech | 50. N. Dakota St. | 51. Stephen F. Austin | 52. Manhattan

No. 13-14: 56. UC Irvine | 55. Georgia State | 54. Mercer | 53. Delaware

No. 14-15: 57. NC Central | 58. Western Michigan | 59. E. Kentucky | 60. American

No. 15-16: 64. Weber State | 63. Stony Brook | 62. Utah Valley | 61. Milwaukee

No. 16: 65. Wofford | 66. Mt. St. Mary's | 67. Coastal Carolina | 68. Ala. State

First Four Out: 72. Arkansas | 71. Southern Miss | 70. Florida State | 69. Minnesota

Next Four Out: 73. California | 74. Missouri | 75. St. John's | 76. Green Bay

The bubble (15 teams for 6 spots)

IN (6, in S curve order): 42. Nebraska, 43. Tennessee, 44. Saint Joseph's, 45. Dayton, 46. Brigham Young, 47. Providence

OUT (9, in S curve order): 69. Minnesota, 70. Florida St, 71. Southern Miss, 72. Arkansas, 73. California, 74. Missouri, 75. St. John's, 76. Green Bay, 77. Georgia

I know that it is all a crap shoot until they start hearing from the insiders in the committe, but How can Palm have Wisconsin as a 1 seed and Lunardi has them as the last 2 seed?

catzacker

« Reply #994 on: March 14, 2014, 11:11:21 AM »
I don't think we win our first game anyway, but jfc, can we just stay the f away from whisky. 

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 14, 2014, 11:26:10 AM »

#bubbthumpin

pfft, I bet you every dollar I got that Iowa won't be a 9. They have lost 6 of their last 7.

Chill.  That is where I had those teams as of y-day.   It was just a reference point trying to tell the Breads that only 1 of their 4 top 50 wins in the Big 10 was a against a good seeded team.   I probably should have said "probably about a 9" instead since tourney weekend isn't done yet.

FWIW.... Last year the Breads went 8-10 in the Big 10, lost 4 of their last 6, and got a 7 seed.  No one had them any better that the 8vs9 game.    Iowa getting a 9 seed would shock me a lot less than ILL getting that 7 seed last year

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 14, 2014, 11:28:26 AM »

You are in for the mushing of a lifetime. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 14, 2014, 11:31:56 AM »

I didn't mean this year, I meant in year's past. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 14, 2014, 11:37:24 AM »

I didn't mean this year, I meant in year's past.

It's shitty and I hate it. 

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 14, 2014, 11:39:29 AM »
So on Monday, Lunardi had us as a 8 seed and Ok St as a 10.
Ok St beats almighty Tech.   Ksu and OK St lose close games to good teams that are both gonna be top 4 seeds.
And Lunardi now has OK St 3 spots higher than us on his "overall seeding rankings"

Gotta Love Lunardi rationalization.    By Sunday, I wouldn't be surprised if we somehow end up higher on his rankings that Osu....lol