Author Topic: The Official Bracketology Thread  (Read 367287 times)

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Bracketology Thread
« Reply #900 on: March 06, 2014, 12:09:55 PM »
You guys, we've beat a potential #1 seed. Let's not act like it's out of this realm that it could happen again.

You do realize we aren't going to play the 1 seed at home and that we absolutely suck away form Bramlage, right?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 06, 2014, 12:15:55 PM »
You guys, we've beat a potential #1 seed. Let's not act like it's out of this realm that it could happen again.

You do realize we aren't going to play the 1 seed at home and that we absolutely suck away form Bramlage, right?

I know you like to repeat this point, and its fair.

But it will be different playing at a neutral site (especially an easy to travel to neutral site like St Louis) than playing on the road. While I don't think we'll play as well as we do at the OOD, I also don't think we'll play as bad as we do in true road games, especially on defense. I think we have a really good shot in the 1st round game, but if we play a 1 seed in the 2nd round it will be tough. Those games aren't impossible, but 8/9s only beat 1s about once every other season.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 06, 2014, 12:20:09 PM »
But can your numbers say anything about the size of a team's heart?  Like, inches or centimeters?

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 06, 2014, 12:20:23 PM »
Last year it seemed like the media was using "the motion offense is so difficult to prepare for" narrative very often with oscar's team. I don't think I've heard it yet this year. I'm hoping this statement actually comes into fruition this year. Especially if we do get past the 8/9 and the 1 seed has a day to prepare.
elitist since 1994

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 06, 2014, 12:26:22 PM »
But can your numbers say anything about the size of a team's heart?  Like, inches or centimeters?

Heart is measured in crap loads.  We have seven crap loads of heart.  Maybe eight.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 06, 2014, 12:34:49 PM »
Last year it seemed like the media was using "the motion offense is so difficult to prepare for" narrative very often with oscar's team. I don't think I've heard it yet this year. I'm hoping this statement actually comes into fruition this year. Especially if we do get past the 8/9 and the 1 seed has a day to prepare.

It was more difficult to prepare for the motion offense last year because we had 5 capable 3FG shooters and this year we only have three. One of those is Shane, and he's only made 7 3s over the last 8 games he's played (4 of those came in 1 half).

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 06, 2014, 01:18:21 PM »

The SOS are all jacked on that.  Espn has some flaws in the system for whatever reason.   I look on there a lot and they now have the road/neutral records screwed up if you click on an individual team.    They have every team as playing 0 neutral games.   For us they have us 3-8 on road and 0-0 in neutral.   It wasn't that way all year..... but like I said ESPN has some flaws in their system from time to time

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 06, 2014, 01:22:59 PM »
The SOS are all jacked on that.  Espn has some flaws in the system for whatever reason.   I look on there a lot and they now have the road/neutral records screwed up if you click on an individual team.    They have every team as playing 0 neutral games.   For us they have us 3-8 on road and 0-0 in neutral.   It wasn't that way all year..... but like I said ESPN has some flaws in their system from time to time

I thought the SOS looked strange for us and others, the other info still its pretty nice for comparison.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 06, 2014, 02:17:03 PM »
Something that may be getting overlooked is that the Big 12 top to bottom is clearly the strongest conference this year. We could land 7 in the dance and see all 7 in the Sw16 depending on the brackets. K-State could very well be a top 10 team. All Big 12 final four? Possibly. I like our chances against anyone on a neutral floor from a different conference.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 06, 2014, 02:19:22 PM »
We could land 7 in the dance and see all 7 in the Sw16 depending on the brackets. K-State could very well be a top 10 team. All Big 12 final four? Possibly. I like our chances against anyone on a neutral floor from a different conference.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 06, 2014, 02:21:39 PM »
Something that may be getting overlooked is that the Big 12 top to bottom is clearly the strongest conference this year. We could land 7 in the dance and see all 7 in the Sw16 depending on the brackets. K-State could very well be a top 10 team. All Big 12 final four? Possibly. I like our chances against anyone on a neutral floor from a different conference.

Nice bbs'n

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 06, 2014, 02:52:01 PM »

I thought the SOS looked strange for us and others, the other info still its pretty nice for comparison.

I think the rest of the data (except SOS) looked correct.  So yeah, good comparison material I agree

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 06, 2014, 03:12:42 PM »
http://espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

7 seed in this south would be fun, the 8 in the south not nearly as much.

I would love to play any of the teams seeded 7-10 here with the exception of New Mexico.

Also, didn't the NCAA change their rules a couple of about how early conference opponents could meet? Can't they meet in the 2nd round now? Would be interesting to see how that plays out if OSU, Baylor, and K-State all end up on the 8/9 line and KU gets a 1.

I think the rule is that if you play a conference opponent twice in one season, you can't play them in the tourney until at least the sweet 16.  So no big 12 match ups until then.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #913 on: March 06, 2014, 09:57:32 PM »
I read that no team with 8 top 50 rpi wins has ever been seeded lower than 6.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 06, 2014, 10:00:20 PM »
I read that the past is not a perfect indicator of the future. I also read that there's a first time for everything.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: March 07, 2014, 10:43:34 PM »
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Baylor and George Washington as higher seeds than us.

:'bye cruel world:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 07, 2014, 10:54:34 PM »
I know there's not a difference between an 8 and a 9 seed, but it's just the logic of those two being higher seeds that I don't get.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 07, 2014, 11:12:14 PM »
I know there's not a difference between an 8 and a 9 seed, but it's just the logic of those two being higher seeds that I don't get.
Palm is not good at his job. I will continue to say this. Its not just this year. He has been inaccurate for several years.  He only gets mentioned nationally because he is CBS main bracket guy

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 07, 2014, 11:24:55 PM »
I read that the past is not a perfect indicator of the future. I also read that there's a first time for everything.

Link?

Offline husserl

• Fan
    • View Profile

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 09, 2014, 12:39:08 PM »
http://thepowerrank.com/visual/NCAA_Tournament_Predictions

They have Florida as the most likely 1 seed to reach the final four, and to win it all.  And, they have KU, from the same region as Florida, as the most likely 2 seed to reach the final four.

Offline ksu101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 09, 2014, 04:59:16 PM »
CBS updated their bracket this morning and we actually moved up to an 8 seed in St. Louis.   :gocho:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 09, 2014, 06:51:31 PM »

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 09, 2014, 07:11:22 PM »
They must have mixed up Duke and Michigan on that thing.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 09, 2014, 09:21:29 PM »
Duke is going to win the whole thing and I'm going to party rock like crazy when they do.