Author Topic: The Official Bracketology Thread  (Read 367020 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Bracketology Thread
« Reply #700 on: February 28, 2014, 10:28:22 AM »
You guys should lighten up and have some fun in your lives. Go cats!

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 28, 2014, 01:42:16 PM »
I've heard the talking point several times over the past week that the committee will overlook Oklahoma St's losses while Marcus Smart was suspended.  I have also heard a few times in the past several weeks that the committee will definitely consider our loss to Northern Colorado.  Why??  Gipson was hurt when we played them.  No one ever brings that up.  Why does OSU get a pass and we don't?  Is it because Smart is a much bigger part of their overall team?  Or, is it because Northern Colorado is just such a bad loss that not having Gipson available to play should matter?

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 28, 2014, 02:04:28 PM »
I've heard the talking point several times over the past week that the committee will overlook Oklahoma St's losses while Marcus Smart was suspended.  I have also heard a few times in the past several weeks that the committee will definitely consider our loss to Northern Colorado.  Why??  Gipson was hurt when we played them.  No one ever brings that up.  Why does OSU get a pass and we don't?  Is it because Smart is a much bigger part of their overall team?  Or, is it because Northern Colorado is just such a bad loss that not having Gipson available to play should matter?

I'm thinking this, could be wrong, but I'll stick with that.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 28, 2014, 02:20:27 PM »
I'm pretty sure the only reason people think that bad losses hurt tournament chances is due to a fallacious deduction from the reasonable assumption that good wins help.  But this stuff only matters for bubble teams anyway.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 28, 2014, 02:20:43 PM »

I would say a combination of the two.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: February 28, 2014, 02:27:36 PM »
We have won two conf roadies.  The tournament is nothing but roadies.  It doesn't matter what seed we get or who we play. Simply going this year is a big W.

I would have to look up the article, but I recall the biggest correlation between tourney wins and regular season performance is actually home record, which is weird, but good for us.

I would be really interested in reading such an article.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 28, 2014, 02:30:22 PM »

It's because Marcus Smart is a national player of the year award watch listee.  They want him there for ratings.  Tourney is money time for the NCAA.  Gotta maximize rev.

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 28, 2014, 03:56:13 PM »

It's because Marcus Smart is a national player of the year award watch listee.  They want him there for ratings.  Tourney is money time for the NCAA.  Gotta maximize rev.

Good point, but I would say if it really is because of ratings it's not because he was a national player of the year listee, but rather because people want to see if he melts down again in a game.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 02, 2014, 01:08:21 AM »
Joey Brackets has Duke 'Cuse Wisconsin and UVA as 2 seeds tonight. DO NOT WANT. Would prefer Florida WSU or AZ to any of those. Gotta hope we sneak up to the 6 line.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 02, 2014, 01:10:39 AM »
I've been saying for 2 months that we'd sneak up into a 5 seed.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 02, 2014, 01:23:32 AM »

LOL. No surprise.  By your recent posts. You have NO CLUE.   Let someone else who has a clue post now....

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 02, 2014, 01:37:38 AM »
I will have my complete breakdowns tomorrow night, so we can compare the teams around us seed wise.

Early thoughts say 1-4 seeds....
Fla -- Ariz-- Wich St-- Cuse
Wisc--Virg--Duke--KU
Mich--Nova--Creighton--SDSU
Iowa St--UNC--Mich St-- SLU

5 thru 8 seeds--
Cincy--Ucla--Lville--OU
Kentucky--UConn--Ohio St--Texas
Kstate-- N Mexico-- UMass--Vcu
Iowa--Memphis--Ariz St-- GWash

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 02, 2014, 01:59:11 AM »

LOL. No surprise.  By your recent posts. You have NO CLUE.   Let someone else who has a clue post now....

I'm sorry Powercat Posse but you have me mixed up with another poster. Figure out who and post here http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=5317.0

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 02, 2014, 02:35:43 AM »
Joey Brackets has Duke 'Cuse Wisconsin and UVA as 2 seeds tonight. DO NOT WANT. Would prefer Florida WSU or AZ to any of those. Gotta hope we sneak up to the 6 line.

No doubt in my mind we're a 7 seed with Wisconsin being the 2 seed in our bracket.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 02, 2014, 02:46:51 AM »

I'm sorry Powercat Posse but you have me mixed up with another poster. Figure out who and post here http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=5317.0

ERII --- "0-3, if we win it will be Baylor"

Also said I had no clue what our seed will be if we beat Isu.   That's fine, that's your opinion.   You are entitled to that my friend.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 02, 2014, 09:13:14 AM »
Palm has us as a #9 (on the bubble  :dubious:) vs. Pitt in STL.  Wichita st. as the 1

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 02, 2014, 09:14:38 AM »

No doubt in my mind we're a 7 seed with Wisconsin being the 2 seed in our bracket.

Frank isn't our coach anymore

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 02, 2014, 09:16:56 AM »
Palm has us as a #9 (on the bubble  :dubious:) vs. Pitt in STL.  Wichita st. as the 1

This seems ridiculous to me. 4 Top 25 wins for the Cats. 7 Top 50 wins. 9 Top 100 wins.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 02, 2014, 09:19:53 AM »
Agree.  I think we could lose the next 2 and our 1st confy tournament game and still not be sweating too much on Sunday.  I also think the committee will throw out those 2 early losses and we will get off the 8/9 line if we can finish at least 2-2

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 02, 2014, 09:36:17 AM »

This seems ridiculous to me. 4 Top 25 wins for the Cats. 7 Top 50 wins. 9 Top 100 wins.
It is ridiculous FAN. Of course Palm has Pitt as a 8 seed and they are 10-6 in ACC and have 1 win over anyone in the top 70 (Stanford). Plus a SOS at 87. He also has Memphis 3 seed lines better than us despite only 5 of their 22 wins coming from teams inside the top 145 RPI, plus a 11-5 record in the 8th rated conf.   Palm never really has been a very accurate bracketologist anyway.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: March 02, 2014, 09:41:44 AM »

It is ridiculous FAN. Of course Palm has Pitt as a 8 seed and they are 10-6 in ACC and have 1 win over anyone in the top 70 (Stanford). Plus a SOS at 87. He also has Memphis 3 seed lines better than us despite only 5 of their 22 wins coming from teams inside the top 145 RPI, plus a 11-5 record in the 8th rated conf.   Palm never really has been a very accurate bracketologist anyway.

True, but very few bracketologists have us above the 8 line right now. (granted, many aren't updated yet)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 02, 2014, 10:19:33 AM »
Not one highlight on sports center. :don'tcare:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 02, 2014, 10:58:39 AM »

would take compared to a 7 in a bracket with 'cuse 'consin 'ke or 'ginia

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 02, 2014, 11:00:46 AM »

Yeah but if we end up playing WSU, itll be bleeding Kansas up in here
@Trogdor_gE

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 02, 2014, 11:02:05 AM »

Yeah but if we end up playing WSU, itll be bleeding Kansas up in here

good.