TITLETOWN - A Decade Long Celebration Of The Greatest Achievement In College Athletics History > Jerome Tang Coaches Kansas State Basketball

The Official Bracketology Thread

<< < (630/636) > >>

wetwillie:
Turns out it’s hard to win games with a front court that wouldn’t start for Kansas Wesleyan

Pete:

--- Quote from: star seed 7 on April 04, 2023, 09:04:38 AM ---Not to mention the schedule makers did us no favors

--- End quote ---
I have heard it said that scheduling is more important than recruiting.

Houstoncat93:
Couple interesting tidbits in the NIT this year.

--- Quote ---the NIT will guarantee two teams (based on the NET rankings) from each of six conferences (Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12 and Southeastern). The top two teams in the NET rankings not qualifying for the NCAA men’s basketball tournament from each conference, regardless of won-loss record, will be selected.  Additionally, the 12 teams automatically selected will be guaranteed the opportunity to host a game in the first round of the NIT.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---In each NIT game, the free throw lane will be widened from 12 feet to 16 feet, consistent with the width used by the NBA and FIBA.
--- End quote ---

I wonder how long before we see the free throw lane widened for all games

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2023-10-27/nit-board-announces-changes-nit-and-use-experimental-rules

MakeItRain:
They ruined the nit. The team who won the nit wouldn't even be in the tournament under these rules. For the first time, I actually think the power conferences have a very real chance of excluding the other conferences from the artist formally know as the big dance.

Also if you're experimenting with rules, how in the hell are you not experimenting with quarters? American Men's college basketball is literally the only level and sanctioning body in the world that plays halves. Men's college basketball is completely mumped.

Sandstone Outcropping:
Where are the Cats at with the bracketology. Still need two more wins or is there a chance with just one more?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version