Author Topic: good nu fan comments  (Read 9256 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: good nu fan comments
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010, 09:41:41 AM »
won the rebounding battle

NU did not win the rebounding battle.

Correct
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=300482306

Those stats are incorrect.  Total rebounds were actually 29-28 K-State.  official box score

But more than that, rebound numbers are going to be skewed when the opponent shoots the way NU did.  When you look at rebound opportunities, we won the battle by every objective measure by a solid margin.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2010, 10:07:11 AM »
wow...
h8cr8ton

:lol:

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2010, 10:28:13 AM »
You would think a school that has always sucked at basketball would take sucking at basketball a little easier.  they seem really sad about us lapping them.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2010, 10:28:51 AM »
really wish someone would go in there and drop the SLTH bomb on there...or direct some of them here. Would be fun....im too lazy.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 10:59:55 AM »
"I like watching Martin coach.

He makes me laugh, mostly because we get to see the melt down each game.

Nice job of throwing the water bottle on the travel call.

Also the sitting with the head on the scorers table will tightening the jaw muscle looked sooooooooo
MATURE, At least ESPN's camera angle was great.

Anyway, I'll stick with Doc and we might not be great, but at least he isn't a total TOOL."

:lol: I'll take 7th in the nation with an animated coach over 1-10 with a bad coach (who still has more technicals than frank) any day.

Bookcat

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 11:01:35 AM »
The one guy kept bringing up Beasley and Walker as the reason we promoted Frank to head coach in order to keep the remaining staff intact.

That may explain Frank's promotion....but how does that explain how we're in the Top 10 and those two players haven't been here for two years?

I'd be pissed as hell if I were an NU fan and missed out on hitting the rolodex jackpot like we did when Huggins came here. It changed the course of this program..even after Huggs left.

Tough Sh1t Nebraska. We got the loot.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 11:57:29 AM »
The only way to win in big time college athletics is to occupy the grey areas. Anyone who can get great joy out of running a "clean" program just like their Pappy did, should do so. Most people derive joy from winning.

P.S. How pissed would we be if we shot 66% from 3pt., 58%  overall and won the rebounding battle but still lost the game?

I'd probably be forced to notice the 20+ turnovers, and the 29 points off those turnovers.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 12:26:24 PM »
the best thing is the confirmation that mcdermott is underwooding around ames telling everyone that martin cheats.  i pretty much knew he was, because isu beat writers and cyfan insidery guys say it all the time, but the addition of random nu fan guy that drinks with mcdermsey in random bars puts it over the top.

also love the image of half drunk mcdermott in a bar swearing to other old, fat drunks that he won't cheat, then staring back into his beer and softly cursing martin.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 12:30:03 PM »
Sometimes I look back fondly at the Wooly years and how I swore up and down that every team at the top of the conference cheated.

Kinda makes you wanna hold their hand and tell them that we've all been there.   :cheers:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2010, 12:31:09 PM »
the best thing is the confirmation that mcdermott is underwooding around ames telling everyone that martin cheats.  i pretty much knew he was, because isu beat writers and cyfan insidery guys say it all the time, but the addition of random nu fan guy that drinks with mcdermsey in random bars puts it over the top.

also love the image of half drunk mcdermott in a bar swearing to other old, fat drunks that he won't cheat, then staring back into his beer and softly cursing martin.

heh.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2010, 03:51:07 PM »

great imagery ... needs one of these http://www.xtranormal.com/makemovies/

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2010, 03:57:33 PM »
Truth is, all SLTH rough ridin' hate Martin because he showed what a good coach can do in short order. Kinda puts the pressure on them.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2010, 06:58:36 PM »
 :adored:
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Bookcat

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2010, 09:52:16 PM »
I'd say Iowa State and Nebraska fans are the two most bitter fan bases concerning our new found success.

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2010, 12:14:59 AM »
love that thread!

big salary for KSU assistant basketball coach = grounds for probation

big salary for NU assistant football coach = uhhh nevermind
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2010, 11:57:15 AM »
love that thread!

big salary for KSU assistant basketball coach = grounds for probation

big salary for NU assistant football coach = uhhh nevermind

NU fans need to STFU.  Having Carl Pelini pork the wife of a wealthy donor make his presence in Lincoln that much more embarrasing.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2010, 01:52:25 PM »
I don't get their conviction that an assistant coach would agree to give away his taxed income to recruits. Kind of destroys any incentive to stick around the big salary offers since he could obviously get a salary at another school he could keep for himself.
Do math for me.
Salary =
minus taxes =
minus cash payment to recruits =
----------------------------------------
equals ?

Vs.
Salary
minus taxes

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2010, 01:59:05 PM »
I don't get their conviction that an assistant coach would agree to give away his taxed income to recruits. Kind of destroys any incentive to stick around the big salary offers since he could obviously get a salary at another school he could keep for himself.
Do math for me.
Salary =
minus taxes =
minus cash payment to recruits =
----------------------------------------
equals ?

Vs.
Salary
minus taxes

yeah, it's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), that's what makes it funny.

self makes more than anderson, who makes more than sadler, who makes more than martin, who makes more than hill.  draw your own conclusions. 
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."