Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3990762 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread (Being the Elites of the Elite begins page 85)
« Reply #2526 on: February 24, 2012, 01:39:41 PM »
I love and hate this thread so hard

I really only love the part where the rendos were released. The rest is largely uninformed garbage or idiotic rants.

i especially like michigancat's rant about how many idiotic rants there are.  it's the best.
+1  Made me brust out with a uncontrolable chuckle.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: February 24, 2012, 02:20:10 PM »

I really only love the part where the rendos were released. The rest is largely uninformed garbage or idiotic rants.

i especially like michigancat's rant about how many idiotic rants there are.  it's the best.

stop posting

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: February 24, 2012, 07:18:51 PM »

stop posting
freak & stud  :love:

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: February 24, 2012, 07:39:12 PM »
 :peek:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: February 24, 2012, 08:07:24 PM »
This thread didn't even start to get good until the Legos.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: February 24, 2012, 09:45:52 PM »

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: February 25, 2012, 09:00:55 AM »

Between this kid and the girl who refused to color the Jayhawk I feel very good about the future generations of EMAW.  15 - 20 years from now when this new young Super-EMAW generation enters their message boarding prime we will see things we only dreamed possible.  The future is bright my fellow EMAWers. :emawkid:

:ksu:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: February 25, 2012, 09:45:35 AM »
So Blessed!!   :ksu:

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: February 25, 2012, 10:30:27 AM »

Very disapointed this wasn't done using the new renderings

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: February 25, 2012, 04:10:05 PM »
Its a kit. I have one.
RIP Fatty

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: February 26, 2012, 12:51:01 AM »
Its a kit. I have one.

Will buy.  Big $$

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: February 26, 2012, 08:51:50 AM »
Walking into Bramlage yesterday, I noticed that it looked like they were in the process of removing the temporary metal bleachers on the west side of the stadium.  That's gotta be a good sign, right?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: February 26, 2012, 09:01:52 AM »
Walking into Bramlage yesterday, I noticed that it looked like they were in the process of removing the temporary metal bleachers on the west side of the stadium.  That's gotta be a good sign, right?

Yep, guess now that the bleacher removal process has probably begun, we can rest easy that it's full speed ahead on the BSFS renovation project.  Good lookin' out, CTC.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: February 26, 2012, 09:02:24 AM »
Its a kit. I have one.

What next you're going to tell us the kids parents helped him?  Kill joy!

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: February 26, 2012, 10:15:40 AM »
ive seen three of those in person in my lifetime. two of them done by complete morons.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: February 28, 2012, 12:07:12 PM »
ive seen three of those in person in my lifetime. two of them done by complete morons.

were they also dumbasses and wanted the upper deck taken down?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: February 28, 2012, 07:09:57 PM »
Who gives a eff, I want more pictures or news about the project.  God damn poor people, real KSU grads don't even look at the damn price.  I bet you people have to analyze your dinner receipt before you pay.

Did you get soup honey?
No I got salad.
I knew it, they charged us 50 cents extra!  I'm not tipping my usual 10% tonight!
What are you talking about?
It's not that hard; Pendergast is just stating that you all sound like a bunch of tightwads.  eff, other stadiums charge a crap load more then KSU.  The tickets are a bargain for outside seats; not sure about suite prices?

KSU actually has pretty expensive tickets relative to everybody else.

Are U sure.  Please read what ATM fans will be paying... and they not getting any improvements to the stadium.

2012 Football Season Ticket Prices Have Been Released
by Beergut on Feb 28, 2012 12:15 PM CST in Texas Aggies Football

The price for 2012 Texas A&M football season tickets was released yesterday, and it looks like fans will be ponying up to attend games. The student price for the season is $225, with our cheapest non-student option being exactly double that, at $450. With six home games, you're looking at paying an average of $75 per ticket. If you figure the South Carolina State and Sam Houston State non-conference games are going to cost about $50 per ticket, we're paying an average of $87.50 per conference game. Going off the top of my head and without doing any research, I think the cost of conference game tickets in 2011 in our last season in the Big 12 was an average of $80 per ticket, so we're basically paying $7.50 per game for the right to be in the Southeastern Conference. We knew with the exit fee from the Big 12 being taken out of our conference television revenue for 2011, we were going to have to make up for the shortage somewhere. Season tickets appears to be where we are making up for that revenue loss.

A season ticket for chairback seating is $485, and for suite/club level seating it is $520. The amounts for suite/club level do not count the annual donation required to obtain those seats. Using the same assumption above on costs for the two non-conference games we're hosting at Kyle, those season ticket holders are paying $96.25 and $105 per conference game, respectively, without counting on donation amounts. Projecting this forward, if we have seven home games in 2013, or we ever move to a scheduling model of nine conference games in a season with a 5 home/4 away split, the average fans can expect to spend over $500 per year for season tickets, and that is for the cheapest seats. We may need to look into this further, because such a pricing model could really affect our ability to attract the average fan to games, to say nothing of the fact that we may be pricing families out of the market completely.

We're stepping up another level in competition by joining the SEC in 2012, and clearly, the athletic department is asking us to step up as fans and pay more for our participation in this new conference. Excitement is high entering the SEC, but it remains to be seen how fans will react to the disappointment of last year's 7-6 mark. I do hope the athletic department realizes that if you ask fans to pay more, they are going to expect more for their money. Expectations, and the pressure to meet them, will rise with the increase in ticket prices. It remains to be seen if both sides of this endeavor are going to end up satisfied with the results.

Offline Norm93

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: March 01, 2012, 06:16:08 PM »
Who gives a eff, I want more pictures or news about the project.  God damn poor people, real KSU grads don't even look at the damn price.  I bet you people have to analyze your dinner receipt before you pay.

Did you get soup honey?
No I got salad.
I knew it, they charged us 50 cents extra!  I'm not tipping my usual 10% tonight!
What are you talking about?
It's not that hard; Pendergast is just stating that you all sound like a bunch of tightwads.  eff, other stadiums charge a crap load more then KSU.  The tickets are a bargain for outside seats; not sure about suite prices?

KSU actually has pretty expensive tickets relative to everybody else.

Are U sure.  Please read what ATM fans will be paying... and they not getting any improvements to the stadium.

2012 Football Season Ticket Prices Have Been Released
by Beergut on Feb 28, 2012 12:15 PM CST in Texas Aggies Football

The price for 2012 Texas A&M football season tickets was released yesterday, and it looks like fans will be ponying up to attend games. The student price for the season is $225, with our cheapest non-student option being exactly double that, at $450. With six home games, you're looking at paying an average of $75 per ticket. If you figure the South Carolina State and Sam Houston State non-conference games are going to cost about $50 per ticket, we're paying an average of $87.50 per conference game. Going off the top of my head and without doing any research, I think the cost of conference game tickets in 2011 in our last season in the Big 12 was an average of $80 per ticket, so we're basically paying $7.50 per game for the right to be in the Southeastern Conference. We knew with the exit fee from the Big 12 being taken out of our conference television revenue for 2011, we were going to have to make up for the shortage somewhere. Season tickets appears to be where we are making up for that revenue loss.

A season ticket for chairback seating is $485, and for suite/club level seating it is $520. The amounts for suite/club level do not count the annual donation required to obtain those seats. Using the same assumption above on costs for the two non-conference games we're hosting at Kyle, those season ticket holders are paying $96.25 and $105 per conference game, respectively, without counting on donation amounts. Projecting this forward, if we have seven home games in 2013, or we ever move to a scheduling model of nine conference games in a season with a 5 home/4 away split, the average fans can expect to spend over $500 per year for season tickets, and that is for the cheapest seats. We may need to look into this further, because such a pricing model could really affect our ability to attract the average fan to games, to say nothing of the fact that we may be pricing families out of the market completely.

We're stepping up another level in competition by joining the SEC in 2012, and clearly, the athletic department is asking us to step up as fans and pay more for our participation in this new conference. Excitement is high entering the SEC, but it remains to be seen how fans will react to the disappointment of last year's 7-6 mark. I do hope the athletic department realizes that if you ask fans to pay more, they are going to expect more for their money. Expectations, and the pressure to meet them, will rise with the increase in ticket prices. It remains to be seen if both sides of this endeavor are going to end up satisfied with the results.

MU is also raising ticket prices since they are broke.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/02/29/3461653/mu-believes-exit-fee-is-fair.html

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: March 01, 2012, 06:30:09 PM »
by leaving, MU threw in the towel on football forever.  and that's fine.  ku did the same long ago.  but, don't pretend that it's not what you did.  it was a good move because kentucky has down years from time to time and they could steal a basketball championship.  but they are never going to get past any of the football or basketball schools in the B12.  They can steal a championship in basketball in the god awful SEC from time to time. 

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: March 02, 2012, 09:20:21 AM »
Currently working on the media area by the stadium.  Current press box won't get touched until after next football season.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: March 02, 2012, 09:46:13 AM »
couple of GPC guys call WKNK a lying liar who lies  :horrorsurprise:

2catfan

Almost on scholarship
Post #766
Topeka, Ks
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore Re: Westside Upgrade! Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Soil Borings should be completed very soon if not already. The 100 foot depth to bedrock will pose a significant challenge for the structural engineers due to the exhorbitant loads on the columns.

It has been described as a very fast fast-track project.

Posted on 3/1 8:23 PM | IP: Logged

EMAW91
New walk-on to the team
Post #97
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore Re: Westside Upgrade! Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have heard actual construction is suppose to start in early May and they are going to have the steel erected on both sides of the existing press box by the first game in september. Definitely a fast track schedule.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: March 02, 2012, 09:48:39 AM »
My source must suck.   :shakesfist:
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.