Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3916906 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #21375 on: September 13, 2021, 01:02:02 PM »
NW side already has a new entrance with the shamrock zone.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21376 on: September 13, 2021, 01:17:44 PM »

Whoa, having seen this new rendition, I'm okay with no longer having a bridge over Kimball... though that would still be awesome.

Also, the stadium, trees, and road/entrance work that's been done over the past year look absolutely fantastic as you come to the stadium from the west.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21377 on: September 13, 2021, 01:21:25 PM »
You guys are so blessed that you have all this space to work with. I've heard some first-hand accounts that it all looks great.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21378 on: September 13, 2021, 02:15:17 PM »
I was hoping it would be more castle like

Offline thunderbowlt

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21379 on: September 13, 2021, 02:17:42 PM »
If they could throw up some end caps to the east stadium it doesn't seem like it would have to cost that much and could really help appearances. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21380 on: September 13, 2021, 02:52:20 PM »
I’m fine w/ the T-shape in the latest rendo. Still think two fields bumped up against Vanier, basically flush w/ the practice facility would be best.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21381 on: September 14, 2021, 10:21:48 PM »
The whole area does look really good now and looks like it’s set to just keep getting better. The football to baseball to soccer drive/walk down college ave is great. Baseball and soccer are really well done a super close to the street. Our sports complex area that will have everything (football, baseball, track, soccer, volleyball, rowing, rec complex, practice fields, training tables, crap tons of parking for all) all in one place is absolutely legit. Absolutely incredible compared to what that area looked liked 20/30 years ago.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #21382 on: September 14, 2021, 10:52:20 PM »
I remember when Oklahoma State released their plans for their athletic village and football stadium renovations back during the GRCOAT era and I was super jealous and just accepted that K-State would never have such nice things. Can't believe how far we've come.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21383 on: September 14, 2021, 10:58:07 PM »
The baseball and soccer shades right up on the street with those purple lights is a really slick look.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21384 on: September 15, 2021, 10:11:55 AM »
North campus corridor, more trees in parking lots... pretty wild what it's all going to look like by the end of 2023.

#proud

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #21385 on: September 15, 2021, 10:28:37 AM »
I'm proud of the house we built

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21386 on: September 15, 2021, 12:01:03 PM »
Been too lazy to actually look it up, but what are we wanting to do to update Bramlage? Haven't we like nickeled and dimed that thing to being all the way up to date?

The plans are fluid. I wouldn't say they have nickel & dimed anything. For the most part they've made changes to the concourse. When they eventually make changes to the seating bowl, it's going to cost a eff ton of money because it will need to be brought up to code.

Ok, I mean nickel and dimed is sort of a poor choice of words but in general I consider that in the sense between concourse, videoboards, etc, that is pretty nickly and dimey stuff compared to $85 mil, not that what we did was sub quality.

Been too lazy to actually look it up, but what are we wanting to do to update Bramlage? Haven't we like nickeled and dimed that thing to being all the way up to date?

The $85 mill plan includes blowing out the entire west side of the building and making multi levels with a more premium suite/club level west side. Rumors have also suggested more suites/terraces/viewing areas around the top similarly to how the east side suites are, but who knows.

Supposedly they've shown some pics to some donors or some elites and they referenced similarly how Houston rebuilt the Fertitta center.

Here is a look at what they did:

Guess that makes sense. Whatever some donors want to spend tons of money on is their prerogative
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21387 on: September 15, 2021, 12:35:54 PM »

The plans are fluid. I wouldn't say they have nickel & dimed anything. For the most part they've made changes to the concourse. When they eventually make changes to the seating bowl, it's going to cost a eff ton of money because it will need to be brought up to code.

Ok, I mean nickel and dimed is sort of a poor choice of words but in general I consider that in the sense between concourse, videoboards, etc, that is pretty nickly and dimey stuff compared to $85 mil, not that what we did was sub quality.

The $85 mill plan includes blowing out the entire west side of the building and making multi levels with a more premium suite/club level west side. Rumors have also suggested more suites/terraces/viewing areas around the top similarly to how the east side suites are, but who knows.

Supposedly they've shown some pics to some donors or some elites and they referenced similarly how Houston rebuilt the Fertitta center.

Here is a look at what they did:

Guess that makes sense. Whatever some donors want to spend tons of money on is their prerogative

My recommendation would be the donors roll all this money for the 'Bram into a new head basketball coach. New suites won't fix our problem.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #21388 on: September 15, 2021, 10:25:28 PM »
Man, what Houston has done to that place is absolutely insane. I’ve been to it as both a before and an after and I honestly couldn’t believe it was the same place. Good for them. It used to be an enormous dogshit cookie-cutter circular arena piece of crap. Now it looks like one of those wild stades I drew when I was 8 and playing Kid Architect.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 11:30:22 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #21389 on: September 17, 2021, 10:51:04 AM »
Thirty-two years of incredible upgrades. Place looks amazing. I remember playing pickup games with the dorm bros on the old astroturf in 1989. Gates were never locked on the north end zone. Also watching baseball games on shitty left baseline bleachers and picking splinters from my hands.

And some of y'all are worried about a few parking spaces.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21390 on: October 03, 2021, 08:25:38 PM »
The Stadium is awesome now guys.
Yeah it really is. It's hard to believe how far we've come. Remember when we were excited about the renovations to Vanier back in '05?  :lol:
crap, I remember how excited we were when they built the Dev.  Seeing that powercat lit up at night made us feel so big-time.  It was like the bat signal.  The Cat Signal!

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #21391 on: October 04, 2021, 07:47:15 AM »
What is the plan with Wabash landing in the NW corner? There was some tables and chairs but no one in that area the whole game.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21392 on: October 04, 2021, 07:47:56 AM »
Also our stadium is a hot piece of ass

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21393 on: October 04, 2021, 09:06:09 AM »
Also our stadium is a hot piece of ass

So hot. all the vertical structures really amplify the noise as well.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21394 on: October 04, 2021, 09:12:25 AM »
What is the plan with Wabash landing in the NW corner? There was some tables and chairs but no one in that area the whole game.

It just wasn't rented for the game. Businesses purchase that for themselves for an entire game, $25,000 IIRC.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #21395 on: October 04, 2021, 10:26:25 AM »
If you rented it for an in game wedding reception, do you think they'd be willing to play the chicken dance over the loud speakers?
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21396 on: October 04, 2021, 11:06:39 AM »
If you rented it for an in game wedding reception, do you think they'd be willing to play the chicken dance over the loud speakers?

Well maybe if it's for Snyder's/Kei's daughter or someone of equal importance. :dance:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21397 on: October 04, 2021, 08:36:49 PM »

It just wasn't rented for the game. Businesses purchase that for themselves for an entire game, $25,000 IIRC.

If we can't rent wabash landing out for a game against a top 10 opponent maybe we should consider doing something else with the area/reducing the price. It was weird looking at it all game being completely empty.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21398 on: October 04, 2021, 08:42:22 PM »
Belichek rented it but bailed when sky started
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21399 on: October 04, 2021, 08:55:26 PM »

If we can't rent wabash landing out for a game against a top 10 opponent maybe we should consider doing something else with the area/reducing the price. It was weird looking at it all game being completely empty.

Yeah that’s embarrassing and not a good look