Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3984573 times)

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #21350 on: September 12, 2021, 08:11:06 PM »
What student parking? I always made a long hike to the stadium and never thought a thing about it.
Yeah I never knew there was designated student parking.

I also haven't been to a game since Ronald Prince's final game.

The grass between the east lot & the rec playing fields has been predominantly students since at least the mid-2000s to now. The non-students that park there are people who enjoy being around drunk students playing loud music. After college we tailgated there for 4 years with my younger siblings & it was 98% students & student’s families that enjoyed drinking with them.

It’s even referred to as the student area in the article they published/emailed out about the parking impact.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21351 on: September 12, 2021, 08:14:54 PM »
Canco the grass lot is wild

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21352 on: September 12, 2021, 08:15:51 PM »
the close proximity to the Vanier Complex will provide us a significant convenience factor year-round

Why settle for close when closest or connected is available?

And lol at them leaving the old version at the end of the video.

You're becoming a parody of yourself.

I've become accustomed to and good at making the most of smaller/difficult space, so this lazy layout agitates me. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21353 on: September 12, 2021, 08:19:12 PM »
What student parking? I always made a long hike to the stadium and never thought a thing about it.

The grass between the east lot & the rec playing fields has been predominantly students since at least the mid-2000s to now. The non-students that park there are people who enjoy being around drunk students playing loud music. After college we tailgated there for 4 years with my younger siblings & it was 98% students & student’s families that enjoyed drinking with them.

It’s even referred to as the student area in the article they published/emailed out about the parking impact.

:emawkid:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21354 on: September 12, 2021, 08:44:05 PM »

That lot was student parking for the 2000 season, not sure if it was before or not. I always walked and rarely tailgated because that iCAT line formed real early. The 2000 season was my only tailgate season.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21355 on: September 12, 2021, 08:59:39 PM »
the close proximity to the Vanier Complex will provide us a significant convenience factor year-round

I've become accustomed to and good at making the most of smaller/difficult space, so this lazy layout agitates me.

At some point you need to come to grips that it doesn't fit in that NE corner, we've gone over this. Even if they turn it to an east west orientation then you eliminate one of the only two entrances to that parking lot and you still don't have space for the outdoor facility.

If the fact they decided that have to take even more parking spots away for the outdoor field because even that can't fit there, doesn't sway you, I guess nothing will. I promise you if they thought there was a way to not plop that thing in the middle of the parking lot and lose all of that parking revenue, they would have avoided doing so.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21356 on: September 12, 2021, 09:09:33 PM »

At some point you need to come to grips that it doesn't fit in that NE corner, we've gone over this. Even if they turn it to an east west orientation then you eliminate one of the only two entrances to that parking lot and you still don't have space for the outdoor facility.

If the fact they decided that have to take even more parking spots away for the outdoor field because even that can't fit there, doesn't sway you, I guess nothing will. I promise you if they thought there was a way to not plop that thing in the middle of the parking lot and lose all of that parking revenue, they would have avoided doing so.

I paid more attention to detail piecemeal’n together my inflatable boat than those dipshits pay to these projects.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21357 on: September 12, 2021, 09:43:43 PM »

I paid more attention to detail piecemeal’n together my inflatable boat than those dipshits pay to these projects.

You're probably right. It's a good thing they're working with contractors and architects instead of gene sending some student on work study out there with surveying tools and a tape measure.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21358 on: September 12, 2021, 10:43:19 PM »
If they open the outdoor field up for people/kids to play on, that would be great. Curious if they’ll spend the money on kitchen/concession space in the indoor for pregame/halftime stuff or if they integrate it into the stadium fencing. Even if they just make it part of “inside the stadium” for people to go in at halftime to warm up on cold games, that would be great.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21359 on: September 12, 2021, 10:51:52 PM »
I just rewatched the video again. There’s no way the indoor facility can be integrated into the stadium fencing. Also, looking at it again, if they tried it, it would have turned gates & getting people into the stadium a nightmare.

Offline thunderbowlt

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21360 on: September 13, 2021, 01:08:34 AM »

I think my walk was about a mile.  No one thought anything about it.

And that was back when there was an ocean of parking available.  I don't know why we never thought to drive to the game.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21361 on: September 13, 2021, 01:58:31 AM »
I just rewatched the video again. There’s no way the indoor facility can be integrated into the stadium fencing. Also, looking at it again, if they tried it, it would have turned gates & getting people into the stadium a nightmare.

It won't, if you look at the video carefully you can see the gates behind the building. It looks like western edge of the facility will be where the current sidewalk is. That will give them enough room to fit the entire project between the sidewalk and the far eastern edge of the lot without blocking the exit lane.

Also I very much underestimated how many parking spots they are losing. It's going to be 700 spots, that's half the lot, that's well over a million dollars in parking revenue annually. That doesn't even count the spots they're going to lose on the west side for the volleyball arena. Makes me wonder how they plan to acquire more parking spaces to generate revenue. Jardine somehow? Pave the current practice field?

I also noticed the indoor and outdoor fields will be elevated off the current ground level, assume this is for field drainage? Easier to elevate the field than to tear out all that asphalt?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21362 on: September 13, 2021, 06:34:02 AM »
The revenue they’re losing is the $20 per car in the grass lot & rec center for each game. Say that’s 500ish. 500x7x$20 is $70,000 per year. I’ve also heard they’re cutting back on comp parking passes they hold back to help make-up the 700.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #21363 on: September 13, 2021, 06:52:41 AM »
Money for lost spaces will be made up by pregame events held in the indoor facility. 

The aesthetic dynamic is dramatically improving and will continue to do so over the course of time.   People who are there 7 or 8 times a year who don’t have to work, train, coach, administrate and recruit to that complex every single day . . . losing their crap over a parking space moving need to be laughed at and shut down with extreme prejudice.   

Yet our fan base filled with 1A high school level mentality fans who don’t want booze drinks all over the stadium.  Who want their halftime passes to go stuff their faces with brats and Naturdays just an hour and twenty minutes after spending 5 hours stuffing their faces with brats, Bud Lights,  three bean salad and Aunt Karen’s seven layer dip and multigrain Scoops.   Are insufferable

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21364 on: September 13, 2021, 08:31:22 AM »
Money for lost spaces will be made up by pregame events held in the indoor facility. 

The aesthetic dynamic is dramatically improving and will continue to do so over the course of time.   People who are there 7 or 8 times a year who don’t have to work, train, coach, administrate and recruit to that complex every single day . . . losing their crap over a parking space moving need to be laughed at and shut down with extreme prejudice.   

Yet our fan base filled with 1A high school level mentality fans who don’t want booze drinks all over the stadium.  Who want their halftime passes to go stuff their faces with brats and Naturdays just an hour and twenty minutes after spending 5 hours stuffing their faces with brats, Bud Lights,  three bean salad and Aunt Karen’s seven layer dip and multigrain Scoops.   Are insufferable

this was incredible

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21365 on: September 13, 2021, 08:40:49 AM »

this was incredible

It really was.  I have to wonder what kind of a sociopath even makes 3 bean salad anymore and takes it to a tailgate but everything else was spot on.  Now I'm hungry for tailgate food at 8:35 in the morning.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #21366 on: September 13, 2021, 08:42:00 AM »
Yeah, that sounds like a blast!

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21367 on: September 13, 2021, 08:43:45 AM »
but yeah, part of the lost parking revenue, if there will be any, will be recouped by in stade beer sales, it's clearly going to end up there, but of course we will wait for every other team to do it before we do.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #21368 on: September 13, 2021, 10:04:28 AM »

It won't, if you look at the video carefully you can see the gates behind the building. It looks like western edge of the facility will be where the current sidewalk is. That will give them enough room to fit the entire project between the sidewalk and the far eastern edge of the lot without blocking the exit lane.

Also I very much underestimated how many parking spots they are losing. It's going to be 700 spots, that's half the lot, that's well over a million dollars in parking revenue annually. That doesn't even count the spots they're going to lose on the west side for the volleyball arena. Makes me wonder how they plan to acquire more parking spaces to generate revenue. Jardine somehow? Pave the current practice field?

I also noticed the indoor and outdoor fields will be elevated off the current ground level, assume this is for field drainage? Easier to elevate the field than to tear out all that asphalt?
Don't the plans call for the current practice field to be turned into either a soccer practice field or indoor tennis center?

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21369 on: September 13, 2021, 12:03:02 PM »
The website has all the updated renditions.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21370 on: September 13, 2021, 12:07:55 PM »
Been too lazy to actually look it up, but what are we wanting to do to update Bramlage? Haven't we like nickeled and dimed that thing to being all the way up to date?
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21371 on: September 13, 2021, 12:16:42 PM »

When they practice on the stadium field, isn't there a bunch of equipment they roll out from Vanier to the field, sometimes even driving a big semi-truck onto it?  Is none of that stuff necessary for practicing on the indoor or outdoor practice fields?

What is the way the team will go back and forth between Vanier and those fields?

Wasn't one of the goals of the indoor facility to block people's view of the shitty back of the eastside? 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21372 on: September 13, 2021, 12:20:21 PM »
Been too lazy to actually look it up, but what are we wanting to do to update Bramlage? Haven't we like nickeled and dimed that thing to being all the way up to date?

The plans are fluid. I wouldn't say they have nickel & dimed anything. For the most part they've made changes to the concourse. When they eventually make changes to the seating bowl, it's going to cost a eff ton of money because it will need to be brought up to code.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21373 on: September 13, 2021, 12:43:48 PM »

The $85 mill plan includes blowing out the entire west side of the building and making multi levels with a more premium suite/club level west side. Rumors have also suggested more suites/terraces/viewing areas around the top similarly to how the east side suites are, but who knows.

Supposedly they've shown some pics to some donors or some elites and they referenced similarly how Houston rebuilt the Fertitta center.

Here is a look at what they did:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21374 on: September 13, 2021, 12:51:18 PM »
Looked through all the new renditions and fly throughs to see if it peaked a new look bramlage, but couldn't find any.

This is the only shot since this campaign was announced that kind of shows a possible new west side of the building.