Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3991639 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #20475 on: May 12, 2018, 01:33:48 PM »
i wonder if we could put powercats instead of arrows next to the numbers ?  i really want to powercat the living crap out of this bitch

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20476 on: May 12, 2018, 03:44:00 PM »
looks great. and I wear cole haan so eff you.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20477 on: May 12, 2018, 04:07:07 PM »
You can either care or don’t care. Either is fine. What you can’t do without lying is say that it looks great. It doesn’t.

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20478 on: May 12, 2018, 04:14:21 PM »
you're right I really just don't give a damn and the conflict that this generates on this board surprises and entertains me thanks

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20479 on: May 12, 2018, 07:05:19 PM »
you're right I really just don't give a damn and the conflict that this generates on this board surprises and entertains me thanks

I was pretty vocal about how bad it looked the first time.  I've been to 80% of the home games since it was installed, the last 3 years in the upper deck looking down at it.  I don't think I've thought about it or noticed it once while in the stadium.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20480 on: May 12, 2018, 08:11:30 PM »
I’m in the IDGAF camp. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20481 on: May 12, 2018, 08:56:02 PM »
ditto, the lanes rarely show up on TV and when they do i've never given a eff... provided its not a running track.  That i will not abide.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20482 on: May 12, 2018, 08:59:05 PM »
The grate drains annoy me way more, they are my personal south end metal bleachers
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20483 on: May 12, 2018, 09:36:02 PM »

I was pretty vocal about how bad it looked the first time.  I've been to 80% of the home games since it was installed, the last 3 years in the upper deck looking down at it.  I don't think I've thought about it or noticed it once while in the stadium.

This.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20484 on: May 14, 2018, 07:16:31 AM »
i wonder if we could put powercats instead of arrows next to the numbers ?  i really want to powercat the living crap out of this bitch
what if we make it look like the arrows are little party hats for the powercats and then we can have a deal where donors donate for their kids/grandkids to water color paint the hats for that game that is inevitably near LHCBB (bb for birthday boy) LHC Bill Snyder's birthday?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20485 on: May 14, 2018, 08:49:41 AM »
I'm proud of the house we built. We made it really nice with a lot of money people didn't realize we had. We also spent quite a bit on beautiful reclaimed wood floors, they're gorgeous. But instead of taking it all the way to the walls to finish it off, we just kind of stopped and put some wood tile inserts down around the edges, that we found at Wal-Mart on sale. I mean, there will be some furniture and shelves and stuff that will cover a few areas of it so it won't really be that noticeable to some people so I'll just act like I don't care. #proud

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #20486 on: May 14, 2018, 09:09:16 AM »

damn our stade is hot.  if you showed this picture to me 20 years ago i would faint.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #20487 on: May 14, 2018, 09:48:01 AM »
Looks cool as crap. :love:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20488 on: May 14, 2018, 10:37:31 AM »
I'm in the IDGAF crowd in terms of the mismatch because I've never seen the outer ring on tv and that isn't where I'm looking when at a game either.  With that said, who is to blame for the outer ring?  The field wall and outer ring turf was a Currie project last year.  They weren't going to replace 1 yr old turf this year because some fans would whine about the mismatch.  Maybe they should have bumped up the turf replacement to coincide with the project last year.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20489 on: May 14, 2018, 11:21:37 AM »
IIRC, the outer turf was just put there to cover the asphalt and concrete. I'm not sure if they had to put a different type of turf on there since it wasn't on a surface that world drain or not. I'm also not certain if it is "floating" or not, it may have to be glued to those surfaces so it doesn't move.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20490 on: May 14, 2018, 11:23:48 AM »
not replacing 10% of the turf because it was put down last year, is beyond dumb and shortsided.  i mean we just expanded Vanier a few years ago, why did we feel the need to tear all of that down and rebuilt some gaudy new building?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20491 on: May 14, 2018, 12:04:30 PM »
Why don't you nerds ask tay tay for some answers
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20492 on: May 14, 2018, 12:25:22 PM »
What the hell is the little strip just outside the north end zone??

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20493 on: May 14, 2018, 12:42:30 PM »
it's like when you're wrapping a present and you run out of paper, so you take a scrap piece and put it on the bottom hoping no one will notice

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20494 on: May 14, 2018, 12:55:46 PM »

This.

Yeah I'll 3rd this. especially as the game goes on, it's like most things that happen on a sideline anyways, I just don't notice. Hell, half the time I don't even really notice our new gigantic cruise ship (which I love) cause I don't spend my time looking at that. So I am really not going to during a game notice the turf.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20495 on: May 14, 2018, 12:57:45 PM »
I see both sides.  You literally never notice it during a game, but also like, why not just make it all the same color?  Is it that much more expensive to redo the whole thing??

+1

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20496 on: May 14, 2018, 01:02:52 PM »
Although I will add I'm not convinced having it all one color would look much better.  I actually like monochromatic styles and it helps highlight the playing field itself.  And I'm probably not going to say anything further so roast away, two-toniacs.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #20497 on: May 14, 2018, 01:17:55 PM »
Whether or not you give a crap or think you'll notice on gamedays, surely you'll agree that it would've made more sense to finish the last 10% the same color like nearly every other college football field on earth. And if you look deep within your heart you'll know that it would've looked much less patchwork'y and garbage'y. One can simultaneously be proud of this house we built but also acknowledge that it could've been a little bit better if we'd just done what made the most sense.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20498 on: May 14, 2018, 02:30:46 PM »
any idea when we will have a matching limestone façade on the East side? :don'tcare:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20499 on: May 14, 2018, 02:58:56 PM »
any idea when we will have a matching limestone façade on the East side? :don'tcare:

what a ridiculous waste of money that would be.

They need to doze the shithole east side before putting much more than the updates they're doing now. Focus on indoor facility, SEZ, and then a brand new ESCish type structure.