Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3996988 times)

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #17150 on: June 21, 2015, 03:25:10 PM »
I spend a great part of my time motivating my staff. Repeating mission and vision and goals are always at the heart of the organization. Just because it is used in marketing doesn't make them any less meaningful or for some folks powerful.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17151 on: June 21, 2015, 03:55:34 PM »
I spend a great part of my time motivating my staff. Repeating mission and vision and goals are always at the heart of the organization. Just because it is used in marketing doesn't make them any less meaningful or for some folks powerful.

I agree. Reinforcing them and referencing them daily really drives it home. Weird thing to hate.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17152 on: June 21, 2015, 04:25:42 PM »

I agree. Reinforcing them and referencing them daily really drives it home. Weird thing to hate.

Except I'm guessing Canary gives his employees actual goals and a vision, not a list of buzzwords.

I get Bill giving them out on a card before one season.  I hate how now we put it on everything associated with the man and call it "Coach Snyder's 16 goals".  The man's done about 1,000 things more important that have lead to wins rather than put together a list of buzzwords that every other coach in America uses.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #17153 on: June 21, 2015, 04:40:21 PM »
"Play Like A Champion" & that stupid rock at Clemson & pretty much every other schools' "traditions" started in exactly the same way.

Maybe the 16 goals are stupid, but they're not uniquely stupid.

This is exactly what crossed my mind.

Snyder is the DNA of the program.  There isn't much we can do to get around it.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17154 on: June 21, 2015, 04:57:43 PM »
Weird thing to be angry about
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17155 on: June 21, 2015, 07:17:58 PM »

Except I'm guessing Canary gives his employees actual goals and a vision, not a list of buzzwords.

I get Bill giving them out on a card before one season.  I hate how now we put it on everything associated with the man and call it "Coach Snyder's 16 goals".  The man's done about 1,000 things more important that have lead to wins rather than put together a list of buzzwords that every other coach in America uses.

"Hire awesome coaches that stepping-stone us"
"Remember when I decoyed Newman, that was fun"
"run, run, run or pass or play action later on. Mmmkay?"
"Don't sit on the sunny side of the plane"
"I have a doghouse, but i own no dogs. just fyi"

Offline daBish7

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17156 on: June 21, 2015, 07:57:21 PM »
Weird thing to be angry about

Yep. Some of you folks are goofy.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17157 on: June 21, 2015, 09:27:35 PM »

It would be futile to use the motivating tools without making them a real part of your program, no matter what arena in which you work.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17158 on: June 21, 2015, 09:29:53 PM »

It would be futile to use the motivating tools without making them a real part of your program, no matter what arena in which you work.

My error. Embedded the message in the middle of the quote

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17159 on: June 21, 2015, 09:32:51 PM »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17160 on: June 21, 2015, 09:33:41 PM »

My error. Embedded the message in the middle of the quote

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17161 on: June 21, 2015, 09:33:49 PM »
Yw.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17162 on: June 21, 2015, 09:36:54 PM »
Thx for fixing that for me, Sundance. Glad you have my back.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #17163 on: June 21, 2015, 10:37:48 PM »
It's pretty K-State0 in that it appeals to our the tuck portion of our fanbase hardcore, and my college football friends from other parts of the country kinda lawl at it. But obviously I love it being on all my stadium cups and I will buy that LOL t-shirt and I quote it all the time.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17164 on: June 21, 2015, 10:44:56 PM »
But don't you think that sometimes Snyder wonders about them and thinks I should have stopped at Ten.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17165 on: June 21, 2015, 10:46:17 PM »
Wait, there are people who don't like the 16 Goals? The 16 Goals are great because there's 16. Why 16 instead of, say, 10? Because there's 16. I'd rather have these plastered all over the place instead of neon purple powercats.

It's similar to this, except our program goes to f'in 16.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17166 on: June 21, 2015, 10:49:19 PM »
Maybe when you write goals diagonally on the page you can fit more in  :dunno:

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17167 on: June 21, 2015, 10:53:46 PM »
"You might ask: Why 16 goals? Why not a round number? Why not a catchier number, say, 11 -- which matches the number of players that each team has on a football field. Why not 20, the number that is called "score?"

Why not? Because there are 16 goals. That's why not." - Joe Posnanski

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17168 on: June 22, 2015, 10:28:15 AM »
16 is the only number of the form xy = yx with x and y being different integers.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17169 on: June 22, 2015, 11:59:25 AM »
16 is the only number of the form xy = yx with x and y being different integers.

Prove it.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17170 on: June 22, 2015, 12:48:20 PM »
2^4 = 4^2

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17171 on: June 22, 2015, 01:28:47 PM »

Prove it.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17172 on: June 22, 2015, 03:13:34 PM »
Mo, Mo, no... Madmath!!!
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #17173 on: June 22, 2015, 04:01:08 PM »

Clearly why they use a 4x4 for the "FAMILY" lumber

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17174 on: June 22, 2015, 04:52:10 PM »
 :surprised:

Clearly why they use a 4x4 for the "FAMILY" lumber
:Wha: