Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 4042084 times)

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #8600 on: August 08, 2013, 12:51:49 AM »
emailed a friend asking if windows open on the suites, just because I was curious

Windows do not open but the outdoor seating is amazing. Very cushy leather seats. Architects are currently drawing up a possible redo of Vanier complex where there is closed off bowl seating all the way around.
emaw

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8601 on: August 08, 2013, 12:59:13 AM »
emailed a friend asking if windows open on the suites, just because I was curious

Windows do not open but the outdoor seating is amazing. Very cushy leather seats. Architects are currently drawing up a possible redo of Vanier complex where there is closed off bowl seating all the way around.

:pray:
@mikec2w

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8602 on: August 08, 2013, 02:02:57 AM »
welp, so much for getting any sleep with this rager

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8603 on: August 08, 2013, 08:02:34 AM »
This morning all the fire alarm lights are flashing in unison and the new stadium lights are on. Its a town hall space ship!  :love:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8604 on: August 08, 2013, 08:14:43 AM »

Same Architects I assume? 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8605 on: August 08, 2013, 08:15:35 AM »

:surprised:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8606 on: August 08, 2013, 08:21:41 AM »

:weirdrobert: :billdance: :weirdrobert: :billdance: :weirdrobert:
bears are fast...

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8607 on: August 08, 2013, 08:40:53 AM »
This morning all the fire alarm lights are flashing in unison and the new stadium lights are on. Its a town hall space ship!  :love:

go ahead, post that pic/vid

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8608 on: August 08, 2013, 09:08:16 AM »
Anyone familiar with the mechanical systems of this beast?  Fire & pressure boosting systems?  Do we publicly post all the equipment schedules for bid? 

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8609 on: August 08, 2013, 09:25:41 AM »
DO NOT WANT MORE NORMAL PEOPLE SEATS!   :don'tcare:

Close that bowl in glass, and make it an even better lounge/restaurant/club thing.  We don't need even a single additional normal person seat.  Every thing added to the Bill going forward should be a luxury item.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8610 on: August 08, 2013, 09:27:46 AM »

Close that bowl in glass, and make it an even better lounge/restaurant/club thing.  We don't need even a single additional normal person seat.  Every thing added to the Bill going forward should be a luxury item.

Agreed here

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8611 on: August 08, 2013, 09:29:11 AM »

Agreed.  Unless it is luxury plus the seats lost from NEZ.  I don't want the stadium below 50k.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8612 on: August 08, 2013, 09:34:47 AM »
I kinda do want more good seats.  We tried to buy 4 more season tickets for this season and got mushed hard.  Basically, I'm willing to pay but only for good seats, and those seats don't come available in lots of 4 (or even 2).

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8613 on: August 08, 2013, 09:36:16 AM »
I kinda do want more good seats.  We tried to buy 4 more season tickets for this season and got mushed hard.  Basically, I'm willing to pay but only for good seats, and those seats don't come available in lots of 4 (or even 2).

shouldn't be a problem after this season

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8614 on: August 08, 2013, 09:37:27 AM »
Disagree.

If they wrap it around as Nkilt said, we'll lose seats in the NE Endzone.   Wrap around both corners, give elite views of the field to Vanier 2.

Next round of luxury/elite seating needs to be built on to Bramlage, with a new "Legends Room" with elite views of the football field/club seating etc. etc. but also used for basketball season.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8615 on: August 08, 2013, 09:39:01 AM »
Disagree.

If they wrap it around as Nkilt said, we'll lose seats in the NE Endzone.   

obviously, we're saying don't add regular seat capacity. feel free to replace what they take away.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #8616 on: August 08, 2013, 09:45:58 AM »
Anyone familiar with the mechanical systems of this beast?  Fire & pressure boosting systems?  Do we publicly post all the equipment schedules for bid?

I support this.  We should peer review (in case the university VE'd out hiring quality EMAW engineers because they are excessively rich studs) to ensure all equipment has been sized and selected properly

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #8617 on: August 08, 2013, 09:54:36 AM »
Guys I would love a full bowl, I really would. They would have to pour in tons of dirt, right? I mean the current angle at which the End Zone Fun Zone inclines is way smaller than the angle at which the SEZ inclines. And there's not nearly enough of a hill there. So would we just pour tons of dirt under/behind the new NEZ bowl bleachers to make everything even? Any ITK dirtcats care to weigh in?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8618 on: August 08, 2013, 09:59:50 AM »
Guys I would love a full bowl, I really would. They would have to pour in tons of dirt, right? I mean the current angle at which the End Zone Fun Zone inclines is way smaller than the angle at which the SEZ inclines. And there's not nearly enough of a hill there. So would we just pour tons of dirt under/behind the new NEZ bowl bleachers to make everything even? Any ITK dirtcats care to weigh in?

Why add dirt when you can use the space?  If it's part of Vanier 2.0 it could be a lot of things.  To achieve the seating angles like ES, WS, and SEZ would be accomplished structurally.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8619 on: August 08, 2013, 10:02:08 AM »

I'm hoping this isn't a serious question.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8620 on: August 08, 2013, 10:06:13 AM »
I dont think we have a choice of more seating according to the master plan. We have all seen this but in the upcoming phases they are obviously turning the corners in on the ESUD and going skyward in the SEZ. Not sure if i agree with it but if they lower single game tickets it might work. I just want Vanier redone first and foremost

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8621 on: August 08, 2013, 10:08:17 AM »
They are seriously going to spend money on turning the corners in on the upper deck?  That should be like the very last thing they spend money on.  Talk about polishing a turd.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8622 on: August 08, 2013, 10:09:27 AM »
They are seriously going to spend money on turning the corners in on the upper deck?  That should be like the very last thing they spend money on.  Talk about polishing a turd.

I mean im not an architect but i dont know how else to look at that plan and think they would be doing something other than turning in the corners

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8623 on: August 08, 2013, 10:10:47 AM »
i really like the idea of overselling cheaper GA type seating and then also having some standing room only behind/above it kind of like tcu. also some kind of cheap standing room type party deck for recent grads.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #8624 on: August 08, 2013, 10:14:38 AM »
I dont think we have a choice of more seating according to the master plan. We have all seen this but in the upcoming phases they are obviously turning the corners in on the ESUD and going skyward in the SEZ. Not sure if i agree with it but if they lower single game tickets it might work. I just want Vanier redone first and foremost

So what the hell's going in that NW wedge? Why isn't it colored purps like the NE wedge? I bet we don't end up with a full wrap-around. :frown:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12