Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 4024037 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #8400 on: August 05, 2013, 10:59:49 AM »

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8401 on: August 05, 2013, 11:08:36 AM »
Damn, seven levels.  This is probably the most decks in college athletics.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #8402 on: August 05, 2013, 11:34:13 AM »
THE MOST DECKS IN COLLEGE ATHLETICS
emaw

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8403 on: August 05, 2013, 12:17:34 PM »
i'm surprised there's no railing in front of the club seating, i doubt that lasts long.  it seems like at least some barrier would be necessary, from a code perspective.

maybe there is a glass barrier/half wall, type of thing?  :dunno:

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8404 on: August 05, 2013, 12:19:24 PM »
Aug 21st. We get the keys to the WSC :excited:
RIP Fatty

Offline BobBarker

• Don't forget to spay and neuter your pets!
  • Fan
    • View Profile

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8406 on: August 05, 2013, 12:59:42 PM »
it's so pretty
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: August 05, 2013, 01:10:55 PM »
it's so pretty

It's pretty clear that K-State has given up on being "big time".

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #8408 on: August 05, 2013, 01:25:41 PM »
Wonder what Weiser thinks of all this.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Legit Elite

• Resident Vanier Barber
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8410 on: August 05, 2013, 02:02:47 PM »
Two things to consider nerds...

1. This beautiful purple and white facade better not get all crusty and nasty after being weathered for 10-20 years like the dev did.

2. Also, are we going to make the '13 Big 12 Champions numbers all k-state0 like the fOOD or did we actually order several numbers 0-9?
Free edge up to defensive starters when opponents held under 10.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8411 on: August 05, 2013, 02:41:33 PM »

Tim was pretty good.  He just didn't realize part of the job was raising money and not having facilities on par with the Mountain West.  Basically a Cheyenne Zulu clone that liked to spend a lot of time on pheasant hunting and fly fishing trips and driving his King Ranch over to the Vanier's every time he had to scrap together a small time improvement project.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #8412 on: August 05, 2013, 02:53:17 PM »

Tim was pretty good.  He just didn't realize part of the job was raising money and not having facilities on par with the Mountain West.  Basically a Cheyenne Zulu clone that liked to spend a lot of time on pheasant hunting and fly fishing trips and driving his King Ranch over to the Vanier's every time he had to scrap together a small time improvement project.
That's what I'm saying. He got us Huggins so I don't hate him overall, but this would be beyond his wildest, crack pipiest dreams and yet here we are. Just would like to know what he thinks about it all.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: August 05, 2013, 02:59:25 PM »

That's what I'm saying. He got us Huggins so I don't hate him overall, but this would be beyond his wildest, crack pipiest dreams and yet here we are. Just would like to know what he thinks about it all.

He's probably very confused that someone that actually tries at his job can get things accomplished.

Wefald running Tim off for his boy Krause was probably the best part of the Prince fiasco.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8414 on: August 05, 2013, 03:09:56 PM »

He was fantastic at taking full advantage of the ego of his boss, getting the school to sign off on an absurd contract that paid his "consulting" LLC hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, so Tim could "consult" the athletic department he was in charge of.   

For example in 2008, likely as a part of his buyout.   K-State athletics paid the "Weiser Way LLC"  $1.418 million dollars.   Yes, that's right kids, $1.418 million to a guy who spent days out hunting and fishing.   Another $147K to the "Weiser Way LLC" in 2007.    Oh, wait, another $400K to the "Weiser Way LLC" in 2011, $300K in 2010.   

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8415 on: August 05, 2013, 03:20:25 PM »

He was fantastic at taking full advantage of the ego of his boss, getting the school to sign off on an absurd contract that paid his "consulting" LLC hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, so Tim could "consult" the athletic department he was in charge of.   

For example in 2008, likely as a part of his buyout.   K-State athletics paid the "Weiser Way LLC"  $1.418 million dollars.   Yes, that's right kids, $1.418 million to a guy who spent days out hunting and fishing.   Another $147K to the "Weiser Way LLC" in 2007.    Oh, wait, another $400K to the "Weiser Way LLC" in 2011, $300K in 2010.   
and yet Tim still needed that $500k loan direct from the AD - just what shotguns and fishing poles does he buy?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8416 on: August 05, 2013, 03:33:47 PM »

and yet Tim still needed that $500k loan direct from the AD - just what shotguns and fishing poles does he buy?

Oh yeah, forgot about that little Gem.

I remember the absolute meltdown on Wabash when I let them know that Weiser/Wefald and gang were running the athletic department like their own little bank/fiefdom.   

I do give Tim credit for having major clangers, I mean really, walking into your bosses office and asking for a $500k loan so you can go buy some hunting land??   Particularly at a NFP???  I mean really!   Then, the boss, as in Krause signing off on it??

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: August 05, 2013, 03:35:26 PM »

I remember the absolute meltdown on Wabash when I let them know that Weiser/Wefald and gang were running the athletic department like their own little bank/fiefdom.   

I do give Tim credit for having major clangers, I mean really, walking into your bosses office and asking for a $500k loan so you can go buy some hunting land??   Particularly at a NFP???  I mean really!   Then, the boss, as in Krause signing off on it??

We were all fat and happy back in the DOD. 

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8418 on: August 05, 2013, 03:37:42 PM »
elite

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8419 on: August 05, 2013, 04:22:07 PM »
it's going to be really loud guys

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: August 05, 2013, 04:43:05 PM »

Did we ever find out where the land was?

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: August 05, 2013, 07:37:13 PM »
already public knowledge but currie confirmed video boards and sound system today:

That planning process dovetails right into goal No. 5, The Best Fan Experience in the Big 12, as we aim to be ready to make a decision on video, sound and connectivity enhancements for both BSFS and Bramlage this year along with an implementation schedule. We've also devoted significant time to enhancing our in-game experience in sold-out BSFS this fall including the addition of in-game highlights from relevant contests around the conference on our video board. We can't wait for the WSC dedication celebration - remember it is open to the public and free, at 11 a.m. on Friday, August 30. It will be a big-time production and include some very special and memorable elements you won't want to miss! Stay tuned for additional details regarding our dedication celebration and also our annual Fall Football Kickoff (formerly fan appreciation day) which is now set for August 17.

and got this email from a friend:

North end zone remodel is out to various architects now for preliminary design and cost estimates. This will include a re-do of the Vanier facility. My guess and it's only a guess is that final architect selection is probably a few months away.

The hotel project for the SW corner has been delayed. Looking for another developer...TBD.

This is the only info I have but it is current.
emaw

Offline Wildcat0313

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: August 05, 2013, 08:08:40 PM »
@TopekaTalls posted this up on Twitter today... :sdeek:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: August 05, 2013, 08:29:29 PM »
North end zone remodel is out to various architects now for preliminary design and cost estimates. This will include a re-do of the Vanier facility.

:crossfingers:

Hopefully they just complete the bowl/wrap seating around in a stylish manor, and do a complete rebuild of Vanier 2.0 somehow. This leaves the South for more suites, etc. at some point. I don't care if we have to bring in the Case IH Red Zone Tarps to put inside the 20's of the upper deck until we can fill this bitch.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: August 05, 2013, 08:38:27 PM »
already public knowledge but currie confirmed video boards and sound system today:

That planning process dovetails right into goal No. 5, The Best Fan Experience in the Big 12, as we aim to be ready to make a decision on video, sound and connectivity enhancements for both BSFS and Bramlage this year along with an implementation schedule. We've also devoted significant time to enhancing our in-game experience in sold-out BSFS this fall including the addition of in-game highlights from relevant contests around the conference on our video board. We can't wait for the WSC dedication celebration - remember it is open to the public and free, at 11 a.m. on Friday, August 30. It will be a big-time production and include some very special and memorable elements you won't want to miss! Stay tuned for additional details regarding our dedication celebration and also our annual Fall Football Kickoff (formerly fan appreciation day) which is now set for August 17.

and got this email from a friend:

North end zone remodel is out to various architects now for preliminary design and cost estimates. This will include a re-do of the Vanier facility. My guess and it's only a guess is that final architect selection is probably a few months away.

The hotel project for the SW corner has been delayed. Looking for another developer...TBD.

This is the only info I have but it is current.

more webcams?!?!?!  :emawkid: