TITLETOWN - A Decade Long Celebration Of The Greatest Achievement In College Athletics History > Kansas State Football

BSFS Expansion Thread

<< < (4066/4404) > >>

puniraptor:

--- Quote from: sonofdaxjones on October 16, 2017, 08:07:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: puniraptor on October 16, 2017, 08:04:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Shooter Jones on October 16, 2017, 10:21:52 AM ---I know I posted the link and also the pics in the booze cats thread, but it's about the only good thing that came out of the weekend. Some pretty dece facilities coming in.

--- End quote ---

they need to allow standing room spectators along the whole unbleachered perimeter of the field. also I don't like the fence right up against the field at the ends.

how often does the ball get kicked over the fence now? do people get to keep the ball?

--- End quote ---

Nets, there are nets.

--- End quote ---

booooooooooooooooooooooo

Kat Kid:
I am closer to FAN than Pete, but the $1 million rowing facility and the fact that we had an equestrian team is endlessly infuriating.

kso_FAN:
IMHO, football and men's basketball have always been the cash cows of athletics. The money is huge now, but that still hasn't changed. I know that the notion of big time college athletes being amateurs is largely a farce, but it's still the system that makes college athletics for all the athletes work. It's the same system that essentially makes high school athletics work, at least in larger schools. I'm still mostly fine with this system, even with the legit issues like KK mentioned.

kso_FAN:
Plus it's the system that even allows K-State to sniff being a national contender, even if those instances are fleeting in my lifetime; basketball in 88 and 10, football in 98 and 12, with a few other really nice seasons. If college sports become essentially professional for football and men's basketball, K-State likely never sees a season with that type of national success ever again, at the best they will be even more rare than they already are.

MakeItRain:

--- Quote from: ksu_FAN on October 16, 2017, 08:33:28 PM ---That's fair I suppose.

--- End quote ---

That is fair, but not caring is not the same as this

--- Quote from: Pete on October 16, 2017, 11:50:38 AM ---Let them practice and change clothes at the rec like the other students.

--- End quote ---
If he truly didn't care I'm not sure how he could have an opinion about how other people choose to spend their money.

Also soccer does produce revenue. Even if they didn't, which they don't most places, it isn't like athletic departments are taking money from the chemistry department. Most athletic departments are completely separate entities from the rest of the university.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version